PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pat Kirwan says his close source to the team says NE will be bidding hard for Peppers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pat Kirwan says his close source to the team says NE will be bidding hard for Pep

Apples and Oranges. Peppers is an elite athlete, a physical freak. Jarvis is good, but nothing like Peppers.

Exactly, Peppers is much more suited to be a 3-4 OLB than Green.

Re: Pat Kirwan says his close source to the team says NE will be bidding hard for Pep

Exactly, Peppers is much more suited to be a 3-4 OLB than Green.

I would think so, otherwise Green would have been converted by now.

Get him, get him, get him. Nice sig, Coach.

Try to convert him to a 2 gap 5 tech? Almost zero chance. Will he play DE in the 4-3 on passing downs? Sure.

Having their 30 basic installed with a 52 Monster check with him as a 9-tech would be sexy as hell, though.

Last edited:

Not sure if it's been said, but would the lack of word on Woods and even the non-moves on Mike Wright be a hint toward something of this nature?

Maybe a 3-way trade is already written on cøcktail napkins. Just a few hours to go avoid being persecuted by the rest of the league... hehe.

Last edited:

Now that you brought Moss up. If we could get Moss and have it work out we can get Peppers and do the same thing. After Moss just about anything is possible.

Not really the same as Moss is a great receiver, i don't know where you're coming from on that.

No one is disputing Peppers is a top talent like Moss, it's the position thing.

There wouldn't be any reason to change the defense to suit a backup like Green at elephant. It's always been elite players.

Not really the same as Moss is a great receiver, i don't know where you're coming from on that.

No one is disputing Peppers is a top talent like Moss, it's the position thing.

There wouldn't be any reason to change the defense to suit a backup like Green at elephant. It's always been elite players.
What i'm saying is if we could work out a way to get Moss then we should be able towork out a way to get Peppers thats all. It seems an unlikely thing but a few years ago so didn't moss. Maninly because at the time he didn't seem like a bb type of player with all his baggage.

BTW this is a great time of year to be a fan you never know whats going to happen. What was it two yeas ago we got AD,Welker, Stallworth all within a couple of weeks.

Last edited:

Anyone who doubts the Patriots can't quickly free up the money to sign ANY available free agent they want - yes, even with Cassel on the team - better have a quick conversation with Miguel.

No doubt the current CBA has an impact on deferred guaranteed salaries, and certain players would be cut - but if a FA is a high enough priority for the Patriots, they can make anything happen.

It would be getting Peppers for a 7th.

I know you mean that as a compliment to the Pats, but it would really be helpful to stop thinking about Matt Cassel as a 7th round pick, and start think about him as a franchise QB. Where someone is drafted means nothing. No one thinks of Tom Brady as a 6th rounder. Atlanta signed Michael Turner for big money in FA last year, though he was a 5th round pick and was a backup behind LT, and he finished 2nd in rushing (I believe). Pittsburgh signed James Harrison as a UFDA and he was a backup for years before they decided he was ready to replace Joey Porter, and he has 2 pro bowls and a DPOY to show for it.

You can look at it as trading a 7th round pick with 1 year of experience as a starting QB for a former #2 pick with multiple probowls at DE. Or, you can look at it as trading a 26 year old franchise QB for a 29 year old DE->OLB conversion with a history of inconsistency.

I know you mean that as a compliment to the Pats, but it would really be helpful to stop thinking about Matt Cassel as a 7th round pick, and start think about him as a franchise QB. Where someone is drafted means nothing. No one thinks of Tom Brady as a 6th rounder. Atlanta signed Michael Turner for big money in FA last year, though he was a 5th round pick and was a backup behind LT, and he finished 2nd in rushing (I believe). Pittsburgh signed James Harrison as a UFDA and he was a backup for years before they decided he was ready to replace Joey Porter, and he has 2 pro bowls and a DPOY to show for it.

You can look at it as trading a 7th round pick with 1 year of experience as a starting QB for a former #2 pick with multiple probowls at DE. Or, you can look at it as trading a 26 year old franchise QB for a 29 year old DE->OLB conversion with a history of inconsistency.

Oh, I do, believe me. I'm just saying it's a knockout value-grab for the cost of Matt. I think he gave us the second of two exceedingly memorable Pats seasons in a row, two. Huge Matty fan here.

Personally, I'd like to see him translate into picks. I think it's better value than Peppers. No way it's an even trade in my books.

It's 9:30, I'm gettin antsy..............I can see the candy store from here :)

Oh man......to be a fly on BB's office wall right now.....................

Last edited:

It's 9:30, I'm gettin antsy..............I can see the candy store from here :)

Haha - I hear ya. My wife is thinking I've gone mad (which may be true) but it's exciting. Just to watch the blockbuster moves go down, even if they don't involve the Pats.

Especially since we have so many new teams to be amused at: Cleveland being the bestest choice. I hope they sign Damon Huard for $200 million!! lol

I wouldnt be surprised if they ended up signing Peppers AND Deangelo Hall. There is no way we roll into '08 with Hobbs, Jags, and rook/second year guys @ corner.

My wife is thinking I've gone mad...
:yeeha: :canadaflag: :agree: :rofl:

:yeeha: :canadaflag: :agree: :rofl:

Love you too, bro.

facePunch.jpg

Love you too, bro.

facePunch.jpg
Ouch!!!!!! :eek:

GREAT POST.
DW Toys

Oh, I do, believe me. I'm just saying it's a knockout value-grab for the cost of Matt. I think he gave us the second of two exceedingly memorable Pats seasons in a row, two. Huge Matty fan here.

Personally, I'd like to see him translate into picks. I think it's better value than Peppers. No way it's an even trade in my books.

So, here's one for BOR: do you trade Cassel even up for Julius Peppers and convert him to OLB, or even up to KC for #34 or Detroit for #33 and use the pick to draft Connor Barwin and convert him to OLB? Presumably we could get more than 33/34 for Cassel, but let's make it an even swap to simplify things.

If Carolina traded MC for JP straight up, that would say a lot about them. I don't see Carolina trading JP straight up for Matt, they can get way more for JP.

I beg to differ with ya noob...

I beg to differ with ya noob...

No kidding. Tough to get better value than the top available franchise QB in the league, with healthy dose of Patriots infused awesomeness...

Peppers and a pick is the only way I'd do this deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft