PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Our REAL chance to say FU to Polian comes next season: SB 46 in Indy

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Its apparent that there is some sense of urgency in getting back to the Super Bowl as Brady gets older and older,but next season to me means so much more to get there because the big game will be played at the home of our biggest rivals for the past 10 years.

If you are not a fan of Bill Polian,which most of us aren't,This next season is our chance to make the guy roll up into an embryo and it might get back some of the revenge for all the BS he has done over the years.

You know how much the guy loathes us.....can you imagine the Pats playing for a championship in HIS building?

To me it would like if you invited a person you dislike the most who then comes into your home and trashes the place...that would be what it would be like if the Pats would win SB 46 in Indianapolis

If there was ever a Super Bowl to say FU to the Colts and their hillbilly city, its in 2011

We all know the Colts would have to defy HUGE odds to get there - teams are 0-45 in Super Bowls to the team's city that hosts the SB.

I wonder if Polian will come up with some type of rule changes for the league to consider next season...like to eliminate the Pats from the playoffs before week 1 :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Our REAL chance to say FU to Polian comes next season

I personally never need a reason or an excuse to say FU to Polian. ;)

How awesome is it that we can possibly win a superbowl in the Colts and the Jets houses over the next 3 seasons?

Colts seem to think light will be there LT next year.
we can start pissing him off by resigning him.

similar to how we assume stuff , a big deal was made on light sitting next to manning in the probowl.

similar to how we assume stuff , a big deal was made on light sitting next to manning in the probowl.

they wan't mankins pretty bad too lol

It would be like a true road game with all those goobers cheering for our opponent.

Can't wait!

How awesome is it that we can possibly win a superbowl in the Colts and the Jets houses over the next 3 seasons?

I am not familiar with the Jets house. I know they have a timeshare off exit 16W of the NJT...but they only have that place on select days, a few months out of the year.

I am not familiar with the Jets house. I know they have a timeshare off exit 16W of the NJT...but they only have that place on select days, a few months out of the year.

i_see_what_you_did_there_poster-p228060760404242422t5wm_400.jpg

Brady, Belichick, et al., need to prove they can win a playoff game again before I even start THINKING about a super bowl appearance.

Brady, Belichick, et al., need to prove they can win a playoff game again before I even start THINKING about a super bowl appearance.

Not me, Baby. I am thinking 19-0 either next year or the year following. Of course, this all depends on the 18-game schedule.

Since when do the Colts sign ANY free agents (other than Vinatraitor, of course)?

Not me, Baby. I am thinking 19-0 either next year or the year following. Of course, this all depends on the 18-game schedule.

Since the bottom seeds have won 3 of the past 6 SBs I really don't care where the team gets in at....In fact the #1 seed has struggled mightly in the past few years,especially in the AFC

Give me the #5 or #6 seed,I don't care...the 05 Steelers,07 Giants & 2010 Packers say its not a big deal.

Since the bottom seeds have won 3 of the past 6 SBs I really don't care where the team gets in at....In fact the #1 seed has struggled mightly in the past few years,especially in the AFC

Give me the #5 or #6 seed,I don't care...the 05 Steelers,07 Giants & 2010 Packers say its not a big deal.

3/45 is still pretty bad even if the success is recent lol

When there's a "new dog" in the race (the NYJ), and the Patriots have not demonstrated that they can play well against them with any regularity, I don't have much confidence in getting to the Super Bowl. Let's win the division first (again, not a forgone conclusion - but then again, maybe the Pats would be better off as a WC with three road games in a row - look at GB this year and the NYG in 2007)...as a matter of fact, does the regular season and seeding really matter much anymore? It almost seems like it's a matter of "just get in" and see what happens.
To wit, since the realignment of divisions in 2002 (which really put parity fully in motion), there have been 18 conference championship games and of those 18, #1 v #2 in both conferences has only occurred TWICE - 2004 NE@PIT and PHI@ATL and 2002 OAK@TEN and TB@PHI. Even more disturbing for those who get excited about 14-2 and a #1 seed in the playoffs, SINCE and INCLUDING 2005, there have been 24 conference championship participants - ELEVEN teams have been from wild card weekend. This is NFL parity personified...
Also, since 2005 at least ONE Super Bowl participant has emerged from wild card weekend (with the exception of 09)...pretty amazing, considering how much people like to get excited about bye weeks and #1 seeds...

Last edited:

When there's a "new dog" in the race

Enough darn Vick jokes?
:)

I feel like I stumbled on to a Cleveland Cavaliers forum.

The Colts are in decline. I'm sort of "over" that little war. From where I'm sitting the team that stands in our way the most is coached by a morbidly obese ego-maniac and his merry band of thugs.

As a fan, that's the bunch I'm most interested in seeing the Pats issue an "FU" to.

The key for the Colts is Manning. If he's truly in decline, they are screwed. They have to give him the contract at this point, because the owner caved months ago. If Manning is beginning to lose it, that contract will be a millstone around the team's neck.

If Manning's ok, though, the Colts should be able to rise to the top level of the AFC again.

Last edited:

mmmmm.... exit 16W....

73415936.jpg

Just wondering...

Any of you artistic posters (all 8 of you :D) who would like the put the Patriots' end zone designs and any NFC team's end zone designs in Lucas Oil Stadium's end zones? Just want to see how things will look come next February :p

Last edited:
lol, you haters kill me. You better hope that you do not get your wish and play in our stadium as the city and fans hate you just as much as you hate us. SB 46, is going to be crazy in Indy. If Peyton Manning gets all of his receiving corp healthy and we get the number 1 seed next year in theory we would never have to leave home to win a SuperBowl and have a chance for the perfect season again all rapped up in one year! Not 18-1 but 19-0 that is my wish! Maybe the world will end in 12-21-2012 or something like that but we would still be the last SuperBowl team with that record whether it ended or not.

I cannot wait! I have never been to a superbowl game but I am going to that one. Just like I went to the game in 2007 when we beat you guys.

You need to keep your eyes on the ever dangerous Jets, who seem to have your number as well before you worry about conference opponents. We do not care if you or the Jets show up we hate you both equally.

Now with all of that hatred spewed, I will say I admire the hell out of Tom Brady and Wes Welker. They have earned my fear and respect. You guys have a hell of a team. However, I have to support my home team first though. SB46/2012 is going to be the Colts year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes