PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Our defense leads the postseason in scoring allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but holding tebown and the broncs to ten points isn't much of a sample size

Look what he did to the Squealer defense, though. . . . :eek:

I'll say this. McCourty can't lose contain like he did this week on that one play. Rice will eat him up if he does that.

If we worry about Rice getting to McCourty's area of play then we have obvious problems in the front 7 to worry about more because that means Rice is running through 2 layers of defense.

Look what he did to the Squealer defense, though. . . . :eek:

Let's not overlook the Steelers D having been decimated by injury and the fact that LeBeau disrespected Tebow's arm so much that they put 9 in the box....dumb defensive game plan.

They played well against Denver but the numbers are meaningless against the other teams because the offenses faced are radically different. What does matter to me however is the way this tournament is shaping up. All season long i have been hanging my hat on the idea that Belichik could get the defense to play well by the end of the season and that the tournament would break the way it did for the Colts during their one Championship run, where they ended up facing weaker offenses in the AFCC and the SB, and that appears to be what is happening here. If they can beat the Ravens they still may still have to face the Giants in the SB, and that isn't a weak offense, but it isn't the Pack or Saints either, so no matter what happens, at least imo, the tournament has progressed exactly the way we wanted it to as Patriot fans, and the Patriots chances are the best they could be in this scenario. It takes good forune as well as many other things to win it all, and right now it looks like fortune is on their side. I'm not taking anything for granted and believe any team they face will be a tough match, but I also think they have what it takes to win this weekend and in the Bowl if they get to it.

I don't think this is a great team but that doesn't mean they can't win it all, and if they do then Belichik has really done something special by putting this team in a position to actually win another Championship. To me this will really be alot like 2001, where Belichik took a team that wasn't really ready and wasn't a great team to a title a couple of years early. Imo Belichik is in the middle of rebuilding an entire team around a franchise QB to set it up to win titles. Aside from Faulk and Light he has replaced the entire roster, and is still in the process of rebuilding his defense to a Championship level. That is a huge undertaking and if it has been done before then I am not aware of it happening, and if Belichik actually gets it done then he has accomplished something truly remarkable. I am really grateful for this success as a fan and I am enjoying it tremendously. when they won it in 2001 my brother and I both felt they did so early and on the way up, and if they do so again this year i will feel the same way, and i believe there will be 1 or 2 more before Belichik and Brady hang them up.

These are the Golden Years for Patriot fans, and if you cannot enjoy this then you really cannot enjoy anything as a sports fan. It just doesn't get any better.

Doesnt look like Guyton will be our run stopper this time against Balt. THANK GODDDDD

Give me the next game in which OL doesnt allow any pressure on Brady and I will take the 31st ranked defense (with 14th ranked in points allowed) any day:D

They were one of the worst playoff teams in memory, and they backed into the playoffs with ridiculously improbable wins, as well as a losing streak.

They were 8-8 at the end of the regular season, and 9-9 at the end of the postseason. They were not a winning team.

Worst playoff team since the team that sent us home last year, that is fine with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back