PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OTAs 5/26/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great analysis Ivan.

I'm really looking forward to the OL competition and the number 4 and 5 WR competition.

At safety, I'm not really expecting much from Richards this year, hopefully he'll keeping getting better but with McCourty, Chung and Harmon ahead of him, we probably won't see him too much other than on special teams this year.

Much as I dislike the people who run the NFL I'm still such a big Patriot fan that I welcome real football news. Last year Dion Lewis stood out and when the season arrived he turned into a key player, that could very well happen again but what I'm hoping for most is for depth players to shine.

QB-Garrapolo gives them the best depth in football imo.

RB-Foster is the guy to watch but I'll still be hoping for a quality summer acquisition.

TE-Bennett is of to a good start, Harbor and Williams battle for third spot. Excellent depth.

WR-We know what Edelman and Amendola bring it's the battle among Hogan, Washington, Dobson, and Mitchell that will be fascinating.

OL- Only two starters are locks, Solder and Vollmer, the entire interior OL is up for Grabs. Stork and Andrews at C, Cooper and Mason at LG, and Jackson and Thuney at RG, all will be good camp battles.

The defense is much more situational than the offense imo but I'm still most interested in the depth and rookies for the most part.

DL-Malcolm Brown taking the next step is really important and Long's resurgence will be key, after that the development of Flowers and Grissom will be something to watch.

LB- McClellin gets another chance so we will see how they use him. Rufus Johnson, Grugier-Hill and Roberts should be fun to watch.

S-Richards is the one I'm most interested in, I want NB to see if they are grooming him for Chung's role or if they keep him deeper.

CB-It's all about the young guys, Roberts, Coleman, and Jones, but we should also keep an eye on Jonathan Jones, who can fly.

If the Young players take the next step this team is going to be great and some concerns over the future allayed. I'm looking forward to camp and just football news but I'm not going to wish away the short period of beautiful weather we get here. Should be an interesting and fruitful year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes