PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Which team do you want to win this season?

If you need help let me know. I have a friend who has a great idea on how to kill someone.

Give him a drug that paralyzes him.
Lay him down on his back and sit on him as he stares at you.
Carefully slice open his chest and gently take out his heart so he can see you holding it.
Then clap your hands together and let him see you squash it.

I never did mess too much with that friend after he told me that. :eek:
ayo Wtf

1. The Lions. Them and the Browns are the most snake bitten teams in the league so it would be really nice to see one of them break the curse.

2. The Texans. There's nothing really to dislike about them and they haven't had much success in the postseason so that would be nice if they won.

3. Buccaneers/49ers. I know the Buccaneers won in 2020 but it would be nice to see Mayfield pull off a SB win. There's nothing to dislike about the 49ers And I have a soft spot for them from the '80s and '90s.

4. The Bills. I'm not a fan of them but they are the least objectionable team from the AFC East. I felt bad for them for losing four Super bowls in a row in the '90s and was rooting for them back then. They seem snake bitten as well. As a football fan in general it would be kind of nice to see them finally win a Super Bowl.

5. The Packers. I used to hate the Packers because of all the Farve and Rodgers ball washing and I was bitter because the Patriots lost to them in Superbowl 31. Now that time is gone by and Farve and Rogers are gone my animosity has let up a bit. I won't be happy if they win but won't exactly be mad or upset if they do.

6. **** the Ravens. Objectively though Lamar Jackson is a talented quarterback and deserves to win a Superbowl.

7. **** the Chiefs with a rusty chainsaw. The Patrick Mahomes ball washing and Kelce/Swift ******** is nauseating. If they win this year the off-season will be insufferable.

I put $100 on the Lions to win the Super Bowl back in August, so that's my favorite from a personal standpoint, but I'd be good with Houston too. After that, it's anyone but the Ravens or Chiefs.
What were they a +5000

I’d like to see a Det v Hou superbowl. No way in hell either of them make it, but what a great underdog story if they did. Neither franchise has won squat, a lot of chips on some shoulders. Both are young and exciting teams. I just dont see Houston making it past a more seasoned Ravens squad nor the Lions making it past such a well rounded 49ers team.

What were they a +5000

They were a +2400 when I made the bet. People were sorta high on them in the lead up to the season. Of course, they were also my preseason prediction to win the Super Bowl right here on Patsfans.

1. The Lions. Them and the Browns are the most snake bitten teams in the league so it would be really nice to see one of them break the curse.

2. The Texans. There's nothing really to dislike about them and they haven't had much success in the postseason so that would be nice if they won.

3. Buccaneers/49ers. I know the Buccaneers won in 2020 but it would be nice to see Mayfield pull off a SB win. There's nothing to dislike about the 49ers And I have a soft spot for them from the '80s and '90s.

4. The Bills. I'm not a fan of them but they are the least objectionable team from the AFC East. I felt bad for them for losing four Super bowls in a row in the '90s and was rooting for them back then. They seem snake bitten as well. As a football fan in general it would be kind of nice to see them finally win a Super Bowl.

5. The Packers. I used to hate the Packers because of all the Farve and Rodgers ball washing and I was bitter because the Patriots lost to them in Superbowl 31. Now that time is gone by and Farve and Rogers are gone my animosity has let up a bit. I won't be happy if they win but won't exactly be mad or upset if they do.

6. **** the Ravens. Objectively though Lamar Jackson is a talented quarterback and deserves to win a Superbowl.

7. **** the Chiefs with a rusty chainsaw. The Patrick Mahomes ball washing and Kelce/Swift ******** is nauseating. If they win this year the off-season will be insufferable.
That's a great list and I only have two adjustments, one large and one small.

I'd jump the Bills to 1 and swap them with the Lions. It would up the value of the AFCE and the Bills would still be way behind the Pats all-time. I was also rooting for the Bills in those 4 SBs as a fan of the AFC and would prefer an AFC team now. The AFC has been kicking the NFC's ass this year and I'd like to see that continue.

The other change for me would be to swap 6 and 7. I'd like nothing more than to see the Ratbirds lose their first playoff game again. It's not as much about Lamar but seeing him get his 4th one and done in his short career would be like a cherry on top of a sundae.

I’d like to see a Det v Hou superbowl. No way in hell either of them make it, but what a great underdog story if they did. Neither franchise has won squat, a lot of chips on some shoulders. Both are young and exciting teams. I just dont see Houston making it past a more seasoned Ravens squad nor the Lions making it past such a well rounded 49ers team.
I was sitting at a bar around this time in 2001 and I heard the same thing being said about the Pats, by a Pats fan no less. I still remind him of that now and then.

On any given Sunday.

Lions, Texans and then Bucs. I would then say Bills just to get them out of the SB drought.

Last four are 49ers, Packers, Ravens and Chiefs.

Anybody but the Chiefs
Anybody will do
I don't care who as long as it's not the Chiefs
I don't really get the Chiefs hate around these parts. Once they won two, I couldn't care less about em. It's not like they'll ever approach Brady's 7 or our 6 with Mahomes.

Personally I'd rather the Bills never get a whiff of a Super Bowl in my lifetime. I will hate the Ravens til I go to my grave, so I don't want them to win either.

After the Bills and Ravens (with Miami out now) I don't really have any rooting interest for or against any of the remaining teams

I kinda like the Packers so we can all laugh at Rodgers.

Also the Lions winning with Goff would be fun.

Bucs - the comeback story of Baker Mayfield
Packers - winning in first season w/o Aaron Rodgers
Lions - winning after so many years of being such an awful franchise, plus Jared Goff goes from afterthought to SB hero
Texans - the CJ Stroud story, plus an ex-Pat front office person (Caserio) winning it all
49ers - the Brock Purdy story

As you can see, I like the underdog-type story lines. Part of me wants Buffalo to finally win a SB, but it's difficult to get past the whole Bills Mafia thing for me.

Niners or Lions. Last two are Ravens and Chiefs.

Really looking forward to the games this weekend. If Love goes into San Fran and takes down the Niners....holy smokes man. Picked GB last week. Hard to pick them this week....

Lions or Ravens. Lions because they have stunk for so long. Ravens because it would be cool to see the Harbaugh brothers on top of the football world.

Actually, I'd be fine with anyone except for KC winning.

Haha..If the trend continues, Baltimore should win it.

#1: San Francisco.
Bottom of the Barrel for Obvious Reasons: Baltimore.

Yes to Lions and Bucs, No to the Queefs or Ravens.

I feel meh about the Bills and 49ers.

I'm on the Ravens bandwagon. I'm a fan of seeing great teams get rewarded and Lamar gets so much ****. It was funny in 2019 taking his licks when everyone slobbered over him, but now I kinda just want him to win and shove all the critcism in everyones face.

Secon choice is Detroit. Third is the Niners

I always root for cold weather city teams who play outdoors. If the Lions played outside, I’d be all in. With that being said, I’d be cool seeing Buffalo or KC win it all. I actually find the way-over-the-top coverage of the Chiefs to be entertaining

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back