PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: What's the Best Sandwich shop in your area?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Up here in Bath, Maine, there's a nice, old-fashioned pizzeria called "Marios" that makes these lovely and inexpensive ham Italians. They also make their own french fries and together it's a heckuva comba.

There's also another pizza/italian place called "The Cabin" They make these amazingly good white pizzas, but what's really good there is their steak sandwiches. They have this nice thinly shaved beef, and my favorite is a steak, eggs & cheese with tomatoes and black olives.

"the Cabin" is quite good, but I'm partial to Sam's Italian sandwiches myself. If by chance, your ever in Lewiston(probably not by choice) I do recommend "The Fergie" at Luiggi's on Sabattus Street. Living in Portland, I will regularly get the fried Haddock sandwich from Susan's Fish-n-Chips on Forest Ave.

I was with a friend the day after the Texans game that wanted to look up an old friend in Framingham. He owns a little shop there. We each had a lobster salad roll.It was the best I've ever had. If you're in the area check it out. It's worth it. It's not fancy but the quality is top notch. I'll make it a point to stop there again (kind of on the way) when I go to Pats games.

Mad Willie's Framingham MA, Lunch-Dinner Page

You're going to have to trust me on this because the place is a hole in the wall dump.

But, New Saigon Sandwich at 696 Washington Street in Boston.

Banh Mi (Vietnamese subs on great french bread rolls). Pure heaven for about $3.50 a pop.

Photos for New Saigon Sandwich | Yelp

Sadly..there a no more real good mom and pop sandwich shops left. You might stumble across a restaurant that serves up a decent sandwich but that might be it. Deli's aren't the way they used to be around here. They never weighed out the meats..they threw it on the freshly baked bread and away you went. Now'er days it's weighed out to .33 on the scale and then off you go.
The only good sandwich you're gonna get is the one you make yourself. No matter what it is. Roast the turkey...beef....chicken..make the tuna...chicken salad or eggsalad...and put the veggies that you like and as much as you want on it. I made an eye roast the other night...next day sliced down the roast beef...put it on a fresh onion roll slobbered with mayo....and topped with lettuce...tomatoes...onions...green peppers..pickles..best damn sandwich around

Last edited:
Now, in MY area (just down the country road from me in Upper Montgomery County, Maryland - horse country!) is this God-awful looking place that serves up the best burgers on the face of the earth.

It is a defunct gas station. And when I say defunct, I mean D-E-F-U-N-C-T. The pumps outside are just for show. The general store is grotesque and you can't count the mysterious things hanging from the ceiling. Go to the back. There are two "down home" ladies manning the grill. Suspend your better conscience and order up. You will be shocked at how great an eating experience you will have.......just get it to go.

Sunshine General Store - Brookeville, MD

Last edited:
Great grinders, especially roast beef, at Steve's Pizzeria, Rte 12, West Boylston in Worcester County, Mass. Plenty of good diners in Worcester and the north county as well.

Last edited:
For elegant and top chief created its probably St. James Cheese Company
on Prytania street NO

Menu @ St. James Cheese Company New Orleans

and for deli style grease, slop and messy in MA, I like the All Star Sandwich Bar on Cambridge st Rd, when ever I am there,

All Star Sandwich Bar :: Hall of Fame

and for deli style grease, slop and messy in New Orleans its sickening, LOL, im not sure there is a sandwich shop rated below 80% approval. They are everywhere.

New Orleans Sandwich & Sub Shops | Urbanspoon

on Prytania street NO

and for deli style grease, slop and messy in MA, I like the All Star Sandwich Bar on Cambridge st Rd, when ever I am there,

and for deli style grease, slop and messy in New Orleans its sickening, LOL, im not sure there is a sandwich shop rated below 80% approval. They are everywhere.

If I lived in Nawlins I'd be 500+lbs.

Sadly..there a no more real good mom and pop sandwich shops left. You might stumble across a restaurant that serves up a decent sandwich but that might be it. Deli's aren't the way they used to be around here. They never weighed out the meats..they threw it on the freshly baked bread and away you went. Now'er days it's weighed out to .33 on the scale and then off you go.
The only good sandwich you're gonna get is the one you make yourself. No matter what it is. Roast the turkey...beef....chicken..make the tuna...chicken salad or eggsalad...and put the veggies that you like and as much as you want on it. I made an eye roast the other night...next day sliced down the roast beef...put it on a fresh onion roll slobbered with mayo....and topped with lettuce...tomatoes...onions...green peppers..pickles..best damn sandwich around

Well, if indeed there are no good sandwich shops left, you should open one with the creations you just listed right there. Niche market waiting to happen, in Foxboro no less!

Well, if indeed there are no good sandwich shops left, you should open one with the creations you just listed right there. Niche market waiting to happen, in Foxboro no less!

If it were that easy my friend, I'd have done it years ago. No money to be made...hence the Deli's I mention actually weighing the deli meat for the sandwich. My friends who own pizza, sub shops in towns..catering to only those towns...are barely making ends meet.The Economy man....ya 7 bucks apiece for 2 Large roast beef subs with everything on it...add the chips and beverage and for that same $20..you can go to the supermarket buy everything you need to make that Roast sub lunch with chips and beverage and it will last you for 5 days. .

Last edited:
Best pizza in Wistah is the Wonder Bar on Shrewsbury St. Best sandwich joint is around here is downtown, Armsby Abby on Main Street. Best beers and insane grille cheeze with bacon and sliced apples on oat.

Tutto Italliano in Wellesley, MA - best bread anywhere and real Italian meats like dry cured hot capicola that you don't find very often. My favorite is the Sicilian with aged provolone. Plus they give out free Pats schedule magnets. ;)

B.T.'s Smokehouse in Sturbridge, MA - Their smoked brisket sandwich is amazing. It's the kind of sandwich that you can still taste months later and dream about at night.

And I'll add a 3rd for Barry's in Waban - corned beef with brown mustard baby! :rocker:

Last edited:
on Prytania street NO

I haven't had a real Po'boy for a couple of years. I've really got to get back to New Orleans for an extended visit.

Tutto Italliano in Wellesley, MA - best bread anywhere and real Italian meats like dry cured hot capicola that you don't find very often. My favorite is the Sicilian with aged provolone. Plus they give out free Pats schedule magnets. ;)

B.T.'s Smokehouse in Sturbridge, MA - Their smoked brisket sandwich is amazing. It's the kind of sandwich that you can still taste months later and dream about at night.

And I'll add a 3rd for Barry's in Waban - corned beef with brown mustard baby! :rocker:

I've driven through the intersection where Tutto Italiano is located a hundred times. Never even noticed it! Adding that one to the list! :D

Best Sandwich shop in your (my) area?

There are none in my area, so I make my own at home. I've been in NorCal for a long time, but I remember a few back in the Boston area that were great, one by name specifically (Santoro's in Peabody) which is still there it looks like. No, sad to say, great subs never made it out here. Other sandwich shops? Nothing to write home about either. San Francisco probably has some, but I'm too far from there to go for just a sandwich. There are definitely some great restaurants in SF though.

Now, in MY area (just down the country road from me in Upper Montgomery County, Maryland - horse country!) is this God-awful looking place that serves up the best burgers on the face of the earth.

It is a defunct gas station. And when I say defunct, I mean D-E-F-U-N-C-T. The pumps outside are just for show. The general store is grotesque and you can't count the mysterious things hanging from the ceiling. Go to the back. There are two "down home" ladies manning the grill. Suspend your better conscience and order up. You will be shocked at how great an eating experience you will have.......just get it to go.

Sunshine General Store - Brookeville, MD

That's not too far from where I live. I'll have to check it out. Those pics look artery clogging-ly good.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST