Welcome to PatsFans.com

OT: What's the Best Sandwich shop in your area?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Reckedtrek, Dec 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reckedtrek

Reckedtrek Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

[​IMG]

It's football related! Especially if you live in Mass or Northern RI... what's the best place to go, and if there's a standout sandwich, what is it?

I think I've seen too many episodes of Diners, Drive Ins and Dives, but nobody makes sandwiches like that around here, at least that I know of! My brother lives in central Jersey, and while he has to tolerate jets and Giants fans, at least they have amazing football food available.

So let's hear it!
  2. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +110 / 0 / -3

#75 Jersey

I always like the "Hot Cut" from Frigo's in the South End of Springfield. EDIT: There is also one in East Longmeadow.

Richard's Giant Grinders in West Springfield is good too.
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
  3. Gwedd

Gwedd PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +110 / 0 / -1

#61 Jersey

Up here in Bath, Maine, there's a nice, old-fashioned pizzeria called "Marios" that makes these lovely and inexpensive ham Italians. They also make their own french fries and together it's a heckuva comba.

There's also another pizza/italian place called "The Cabin" They make these amazingly good white pizzas, but what's really good there is their steak sandwiches. They have this nice thinly shaved beef, and my favorite is a steak, eggs & cheese with tomatoes and black olives.
  4. 12+81=TD

12+81=TD Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

The Spaghetti Shop, in New Albany (Indiana). They have a sandwich called the "Uncle Louie", I get it on cheesy garlic bread...love that sandwich! I used to manage one in Louisville, KY. I ate that sandwich almost everyday, still never got old. :rocker:
  5. signbabybrady

signbabybrady Rookie

Ratings:
    +75 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

Charlie's in Sharon has really good Corned Beef not close to as good as the Carnagie Deli but its what we usually have on Sundays that are not home games.

For those on the North Shore Martinos deli and liquor store in Peabody actually gets there corned beef from the Carnegie. Probably the best in Mass.
  6. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Over on Main St. in Medford is Bob's Italian Foods. Subs are incredible, I usually go with the 50/50 Red Sauce Classic, 1/2 meatball 1/2 chicken parm and I have them add pepperoni. Can't beat it.

The lamb tips sub with red onions and vinegar peppers is amazing too. Of course you'll need to top off any sub order with a side of stuffed cherry peppers. Great place.
  7. larryo

larryo Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Ahh what I would give for a jr. roast beef sandwich with sauce like on the Mass. north shore. That or a nice cheese steak. J+M deli in Saugus had the best Ive ever had. The rolls they put their cheese steaks on was incredible. Not to many sandwich shops down here in the sticks of North Carolina.
  8. Reckedtrek

Reckedtrek Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Great replies so far! We used to go to a little place called Anne's Market in Medway. They made amazing sandwiches... the Northender (Italian) was my favorite, until about 3 or 4 years ago. All of a sudden the same sandwich at the same price was about 40-50% of what it was a year earlier.

I guess they must have figured they weren't making enough on the sandwiches, but I wish they gave you the option of same price/smaller sandwich and same sandwich/more money. I would have been happy paying a few bucks more as long as nothing else changed! Maybe throw in a dill for the increase! :)

I've yet to find something to replace it on game day (when watching at home). Tailgating is another conversation altogether!

Keep 'em coming!
  9. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

When I was in HS we got tickets for the Pats the first couple of years when the old Stadium opened. Part of the ritual was stopping at Ricotti's to get a sub to take to the stadium. Good sub, don't know how they are now 40 years later.

Hayek's in North Jersey makes a great sandwich and their cole slaw is great also.
  10. Reckedtrek

Reckedtrek Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

New Jersey has it over Mass when it comes to Sandwiches and that type of chow. When I visit my brother EVERY street corner has a sandwich shop better than the last.
  11. goheels22002

goheels22002 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +125 / 1 / -6

#50 Jersey

What's the best barbecue where you live?
  12. titletownpats

titletownpats Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Santoros in Malden has my favorite steak and cheese sub. Their veal cutlet sub is unbelievable too. Wish I could go there today, but I live near Portland, Maine now. Haven't found a good sandwich place here. Any suggestions?
  13. PlainOldEd

PlainOldEd Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

It sounds like you're from my neck of the woods (Feeding Hills). Have you ever tried Pajer's? It's a little mom and pop Italian grocery store (cash only) with a deli in the back. I honestly haven't been in a while, but when I used to go I remember the grinders being huge delicious and cheap.

Pajer Superette - Agawam, MA
  14. Jackson 2

Jackson 2 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +202 / 0 / -8

#12 Jersey

There's a deli in Milford, MA called Oliva's. They have these triangle subs with Italian meats, cheeses, vegetables and dressing on focaccia bread. Unbelievable...
  15. Angry Man

Angry Man REV-OH-LU-TION PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -4

#54 Jersey

Sadly out here in my neck of the woods all I got is... Subway. Suck to be me.
  16. Horace's Ivories

Horace's Ivories PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

#24 Jersey

The Wedge Inn - Stamford
  17. blackglass3

blackglass3 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

When I lived in North NJ and even now when I go back, pretty much every place was good. As a cold Italian sandwich fan, they all did it for me. It's the bread, as long as the bread doesn't suck you'll be ok.

When I was stationed in Omaha, life sucked. That included sandwiches.

Right outside McGuire AFB in South Jersey is a pizza place called 3 Brothers. Best cold Italian sub I have ever had. And WaWa was always a great place to go for a nice roast beef sub.

Here in Tampa I live on MacDill AFB. Very close is the Interbay Meat Market, the Media Noche pressed sandwich is amazing. It's similar to a Cuban.

If you can ever get to New Orleans, like if you're going this year to watch the Pats in the Super Bowl, go to Central Grocery on Decatur Street and grab a muffaletta. I swear to God you will not be disappointed.

Yeah, I am something of a sandwich lover. :)
  18. Armchair Quarterback

Armchair Quarterback Rookie

Ratings:
    +82 / 1 / -2

#37 Jersey

Dee's Deli in Cranston, RI. It's about the size of a closet, you will wait in line and it closes when the day's fresh bread runs out. Best Italian sub I've ever had.
  19. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +91 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

20. nowayback

nowayback Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

sounds like some hungry people here. Supersubs Ipswich Ma., great roast beef, cheese steaks, breakfast subs
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.