PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: What's the Best Sandwich shop in your area?

Status
Not open for further replies.
WANS!

Mission Hill, Boston, MA

Best sandwich shop in boston

I'm waiting for someone to name the best sandwich shop in Sandwich Massachusetts.

Jim's Deli in Brighton. Best deli in the city that I know of.

Ray and Mike's- Hamden, CT

Nardelli's- Naugatuck, CT

Yeah... I'm not too concerned with McElroy, the McJets, or McRosie or McAstro for that matter.

If McElroy performs well, maybe they'll name a sandwich after him..... It certainly sounds better than a "Sanchez" :D

WANS!

Mission Hill, Boston, MA

Best sandwich shop in boston

I looked this place up and it looks like a must visit for the eastern MA area!

If McElroy performs well, maybe they'll name a sandwich after him..... It certainly sounds better than a "Sanchez" :D

That's for sure! A Sanchez would be any chain style sub = overpriced and extremely underwhelming. Dry with wilted lettuce that gives you gas. I'm sure jests fans would agree!

I honestly haven't been in a while, but when I used to go I remember the grinders being huge delicious and cheap.

Parts of Connecticut are like NJ, every shop in New Haven has great grinders

Bravo! All this talk of "subs" in Massachusetts...:nono:

(Local pride aside, though, I too admit that Jersey is sandwich heaven. Great place for diners, too. The Boston diner scene is pathetic; Western Mass and and Connecticut fare better.)

Well, if we are going to branch out to include burgers...

Anyone for a Central Connecticut steamed cheeseburger, with the classic onions, peppers and mustard? Anyone?

I can see that the simple peasant food of Cambridge -- hummus, avocadoes, sprouts, ciabatta -- doesn't have many followers on this thread ... ;)

Abe's Kosher Delicatessen in Scranton,Pa is the best place,about 30 minute drive but well worth it

If you haven't had a nice fresh Kosher Corned Beef sandwich on seeded Rye with Mayo and mustard at your nearest Jewish deli,you don't know what youre missing.

Their roast beef is awesome too

Last edited:
Abe's Kosher Delicatessen in Scranton,Pa is the best place,about 30 minute drive but well worth it

If you haven't had a nice fresh Kosher Corned Beef sandwich on seeded Rye with Mayo and mustard at your nearest Jewish deli,you don't know what youre missing.

Their roast beef is awesome too

Now you're just depressing me.

Living north of Boston, my nearest (good) Jewish deli would be where, exactly? :(

I can see that the simple peasant food of Cambridge -- hummus, avocadoes, sprouts, ciabatta -- doesn't have many followers on this thread ... ;)

err...umm...ok, so maybe i DID make hummus for dinner last night....

Now you're just depressing me.

Living north of Boston, my nearest (good) Jewish deli would be where.

Earlier in thread I mentioned a place in Peabody that gets their corned beef from Carnegie Deli. The place is called Martino's its a Deli and a liquor store the food is excellent but the corned beef is as goos as you will get in mass. It's north of Boston so I cant be too bad a ride for you.

Earlier in thread I mentioned a place in Peabody that gets their corned beef from Carnegie Deli. The place is called Martino's its a Deli and a liquor store the food is excellent but the corned beef is as goos as you will get in mass. It's north of Boston so I cant be too bad a ride for you.

Thank you! I'll plan a pilgrimage. While I acknowledge the greatness of Italian sandwiches, pastrami on rye with a half-sour pickle is my native sandwich language. :)

I haven't found many sandwich shops in eastern Mass. that are better than a chain like D'Angelo's. With the smaller shops, Either the bread sucks, the meats suck, the toppings suck or some combination of the three happens.

Bravo! All this talk of "subs" in Massachusetts...:nono:

(Local pride aside, though, I too admit that Jersey is sandwich heaven. Great place for diners, too. The Boston diner scene is pathetic; Western Mass and and Connecticut fare better.)

Anyone for a Central Connecticut steamed cheeseburger, with the classic onions, peppers and mustard? Anyone?

shoulda said "wicked good grinders" :D

My Fall River tailgate group's favorite is Marcucci's on Bedford St. Amazingly cheap. A 27" long Italian is $9.50. The crab meat is $11 for the same size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back