PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: WFT To Become "The Commanders"

You mean like the Washington Competent Owner? :haha:
Funny, no one is blaming this :poop: on Tanya Snyder who is running the team under the NFL's rules, right?

I actually don’t think the uniforms are that bad.

But agreed the name is pretty lazy.
In the interview the day before the announcement where he gave it all away, Joe Theismann said it was all about finding a name that they could trademark and one that would not anger any particular group. In other words, it was a name picked by a committee.

People are criticizing the name, but the League is chock full of names which we would ridicule if they were created today but just accept since they were created 80 years ago.

Imagine there was no team in Cleveland and they created an expansion there, and the ownership group announced they were going to name the team "The Browns" and - get this - have a helmet without a logo. They would be ridiculed mercilessly on all sides. But since we have all known "The Cleveland Browns" for the past 75 years (barring their hiatus in the late 90's), it is just accepted.

Most teams have a nickname.

So the Commanders nickname could be 'Commies'.

Yet...Redskins or Skins was somehow worse?

Wait, isn’t Comanches just as bad as Redskins?

welp...beats KC Bar-B-Qued Queef Behinds...
So they are going to need Commodes when they're done eating. At least they've got Mahomes to keep the window open :p :thumbsup:

20220203_143431.gif

Objectively speaking which logo do you think is the best in the NFL currently?

I like the Raiders one as blasphemous as it may sound.
got that Silicon Valley edge to it

EE6B74CE-DF47-48FE-9A5F-F1A713D00388.jpeg

The home Jersey is growing on me. If they had stayed the redskins and adopted that jersey I think ppl would hate it a bit less.

Paul Lukas (uniwatch blog) points out blackforthesakeofblack is a stupid trend, which it is.

The white ones literally look like a division ii team. Should’ve just inverted the home one.

To add: looks like they’re gonna go monochrome which… LAME!

Last edited:
Lexa was a Commander in the tv series The 100.

o

TU

I was way more familiar w the Handmaid Tale's reference

LOL errybuddy making jokes about "washington commies" on the internet apparently

I mean, let's go full TOS "Omega Glory" on those bad boys

Objectively speaking which logo do you think is the best in the NFL currently?

I like the Raiders one as blasphemous as it may sound.
At least the stupid thing is original and traditional and established and recognized and preferred by the fans

Actually, I’m not sure it does…. Lol.
still got season tickets? bring me to a game...although I'll probably need a lawyer if I see Felger..

At least the stupid thing is original and traditional and established and recognized and preferred by the fans
It was the most NFL thing ever to hold a contest where the fans picked the name but then the results were ignored, especially since the name the fans selected was far superior to the one selected to not offend anyone anytime.

I read a bunch of posts saying they should have just kept WFT as the name. It did have a "F U Roger" vibe to it so I like that idea.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back