PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: TO, broke and friendless

Status
Not open for further replies.
TO is broke and friendless?!? Wow, I never thought that I had anything in common with that guy, now I see that I got two things in common with him.

I'm your friend.

Thanks Joker, but I said I was broke and friendless, I was hoping that you would offer money too. Friendship ain't going to put food on the table unless you own Facebook.

BTW, thanks to the people who decided that they would click the like button on my admitting I am broke and friendless. I wonder how many likes I could get if I announced that my dog died and I am homeless.

Have you considered a career as a country music songwriter? :D

This. That's what makes the vitriol directed towards him from sports fans sad to me.

People are happy he's failed when all he's ever done is clearly have personality issues.

Meanwhile Joe Paterno enables a child rapist for a decade and is immortalized.

You're smart for a dumb guy.

JK. This is a very astute point.

Thanks Joker, but I said I was broke and friendless, I was hoping that you would offer money too. Friendship ain't going to put food on the table unless you own Facebook.

I'm in the market for a well-paid, friendly butler; that could kill two birds with one stone.

Let me know what job options are available to an out of work athlete that allow them to cover 1/2 a million a year in child support alone because I want to get in on that line of work pronto.

I mean you can't simply be oversimplifying here, right?

All Pro defensive end, Alan Page....
5eea237150cead81955c89fde47c6a504d448d9c.jpg

Minnesota Supreme Court Justice Alan Page
ca3e48a3f3a6443e1f27cdeb0600b3d6.jpg

2007_03_sports_ditka.jpg
headshotII-234x300.jpg

I could go on all night...you still won't get the point and then you'll violently lash out like you did two posts earlier with a brand of vituperative viciousness that is unparalleled on this board...here's a link that might be of interest to the rest of the people here who may want to know more about the post playing days of most NFL players...

http://www.blackenterprise.com/2011/11/21/former-nfl-player-frank-rice-franchising-success/

Last edited:
Let me know what job options are available to an out of work athlete that allow them to cover 1/2 a million a year in child support alone because I want to get in on that line of work pronto.

well, he can always fall back on his college degree to get a job, right?

Oh, he doesn't have one. Well, I'm sure he KNEW going into the NFL that the average player lasts 3 years, so he better have a plan in place for after that. Oh, he didn't? Tough crap.

I plan that I'll be making roughly what I make now for the foreseeable future, yes. But I have skills that are relevant past a 3 year mark. When I see that my skills are becoming irrelevant, I invest time and energy in buffing them up, or learning new ones. TO and all NFL players KNOW going in that its a short opportunity to earn as much as you can. If they don't plan for the period after their given skills aren't useful anymore, tough patooties. No sympathy here.

I have to plan for it, they should to.

well, he can always fall back on his college degree to get a job, right?

Oh, he doesn't have one. Well, I'm sure he KNEW going into the NFL that the average player lasts 3 years, so he better have a plan in place for after that. Oh, he didn't? Tough crap.

I plan that I'll be making roughly what I make now for the foreseeable future, yes. But I have skills that are relevant past a 3 year mark. When I see that my skills are becoming irrelevant, I invest time and energy in buffing them up, or learning new ones. TO and all NFL players KNOW going in that its a short opportunity to earn as much as you can. If they don't plan for the period after their given skills aren't useful anymore, tough patooties. No sympathy here.

I have to plan for it, they should to.

LOL you arent living in reality.

let me know if any of you guys spot him driving a 1998 kia rio because maybe then I'll believe this.

LOL you arent living in reality.

excuse me? How not? When I sense that my job skills aren't up to snuff anymore - outdated, etc - I invest time and energy to get better at them or to learn new skills. Whats so hard about that?

You must be a millenial... ;)

Examples of people who made it

Sweet, this would be a totally great comeback if I was in any way arguing that it is impossible to maintain and/or grow wealth. I'm not.

In a nutshell I'm saying there are too many examples of people becoming wealthy only to end up on their ass for the glib little 'GET A JOB' BS floating around this board to be anything close to a meaningful input on the issue.

If you possessed of even a modicum of introspection you might say to yourself 'there but for the grace of God go I'. If you further had the analytical capacity of a potato you might also wonder if a guy who breaks down in press conferences, makes constant negative headlines and wherever he goes and attempts suicide you know, might just have an emotional disorder.

But instead you and those of your ilk opt to revel in the downfall of an athlete which absolutely smacks of schadenfreude based out of envy. I mean he got rich playing a game, you and I clearly can't do that so Haha, let's all clap our hands and celebrate when he falls on hard times.

And people consider me a troll around here. The lack of compassion would be astounding but I've have my expectations of this board suitably lowered over the years.

All Pro defensive end, Alan Page....
5eea237150cead81955c89fde47c6a504d448d9c.jpg

Minnesota Supreme Court Justice Alan Page
ca3e48a3f3a6443e1f27cdeb0600b3d6.jpg

2007_03_sports_ditka.jpg
headshotII-234x300.jpg

I could go on all night...you still won't get the point and then you'll violently lash out like you did two posts earlier with a brand of vituperative viciousness that is unparalleled on this board...here's a link that might be of interest to the rest of the people here who may want to know more about the post playing days of most NFL players...

Former NFL Player Finds Franchise & TV Success - Black Enterprise

Wrong Way Page! I am friends with a relative of his. That whole family is smart and articulate.

such a ridiculous straw man....if T.O. cannot meet child support payments because of monetary hardship, all he needs to do is go before the court with the necessary documentation and have it adjusted.

He is paying that 450K because it is in line with his NFL earnings..if he IS broke, he needs to find employment and meet his child support obligations just like any other regular Joe...the court decides how much.

So now it's my problem that he owes child support too? The Walmart down the street from me is hiring, maybe he could stock shelves. I bet his height would come in handy.

When I came out of college with my handy-dandy degree in History and Economics I quickly learned that I needed some skills if I was going to get a decent job. So I worked ****ty jobs, like the ****ty jobs I worked in high school and in college, while I went back to school and got into computers.

I am not over-simplifying anything. He basically has 2 choices. Kill himself or get a job like everybody else.

This "he's from the ghetto, he never learned anything, he was coddled because he could play football ****" is just the same old tired bigotry of low expectations foisted upon us by the masters of the Cult of Victim-hood.

I feel bad for the people trying to get a job that can't get one not for someone who had one of the best jobs in the world and managed to screw it up. The sad thing is that even if he can't play football he's a 'celebrity' which can get you an easy gig doing practically anything if you aren't a complete ass on top of everything else. Unfortunately he is.

At some point you are responsible for your own actions and have to take responsibility for yourself. Personal responsibility may seem over-simplified nowadays. There's always the government around to bail people out though!

TO plays hoops doesn't he? Maybe the White House can hire him to be Obama's official one-on-one part. O vs. TO. I'd give him a week before he did something stupid enough to get shot by the Secret Service.

He'll get an NFL pension at some point.

As for the children, if unable to reset the amount to his new earning capacity, then he should know that eventually they'll all turn 18.

I don't want to speak for fnordcircle, so I won't. But I will say that it's pretty clear that TO has something wrong with him other than "flighty douche bag", and I fell bad for him. I'm not saying I want to hang out with him or that there aren't many other people in worse situations, BUT he has always seem like a tortured person to me. And I pity that.

The situation he is in is totally of his own making. Utter lack of accountability. It's always someone else's fault, from the 4 seperate supposedly skanks HE managed to impregnate including the last one's child he has never set eyes on he's so angry that happened...to the teamates who inexplicably undercut him and the agent who enabled him to even earn $80M to the media who painted him as exactly who and what he is...

No sympathy whatsoever. And $130K per babymama household per kid isn't excessive for a guy making $2M even last season, let alone one who has apparently blown through $80M in a little more than a decade.

If he was just some D-bag I wouldn't have any sympathy, but I think it's clear he has a LOT of emotional problems. A lot of people can't control the way they act and it's sad. It sounds like the guy realizes he has problems but just can't admit it or do anything about it. I don't condone the way he has acted, but that doesn't mean I don't care/wish him well.

Sweet, this would be a totally great comeback if I was in any way arguing that it is impossible to maintain and/or grow wealth. I'm not.

In a nutshell I'm saying there are too many examples of people becoming wealthy only to end up on their ass for the glib little 'GET A JOB' BS floating around this board to be anything close to a meaningful input on the issue.

If you possessed of even a modicum of introspection you might say to yourself 'there but for the grace of God go I'. If you further had the analytical capacity of a potato you might also wonder if a guy who breaks down in press conferences, makes constant negative headlines and wherever he goes and attempts suicide you know, might just have an emotional disorder.

But instead you and those of your ilk opt to revel in the downfall of an athlete which absolutely smacks of schadenfreude based out of envy. I mean he got rich playing a game, you and I clearly can't do that so Haha, let's all clap our hands and celebrate when he falls on hard times.

And people consider me a troll around here. The lack of compassion would be astounding but I've have my expectations of this board suitably lowered over the years.

you have serious issues yourself, pal..and for your information, I've posted numerous, cited posts about T.O.'s psychological condition over the past few years, right here.
"There but for the grace of God go I"????You got a lot of friggin' nerve accusing me of crap like this...I've had the last rites twice and thank God every day I draw breath...that's my business and I don't need to justify myself to some smarmy , hate filled message board harpy like you.

The last thing I am, or anyone else here is, is envious of Terrell Owens...HE is the mouth that roared across all media the past decade...and now he's run through a fortune and you expect people to show compassion for THAT fatal flaw? To use YOUR reasoning, since he played a game I or no one we know can play, and made millions doing it, he's now immune to criticism. Everyone who doesn't fall to the ground in adoration and genuflection is "envious!!" and full of schadenfreude...sounds bigoted..."you and those of your ilk"...enlighten everybody..what "ilk" is the proper and acceptable fnordcircle "ilk"?

Last edited:
Hate to see how anyone, rich or otherwise, struggling with (apparent) mental health problems. Hope he turns it around.

This "nut case malcontent" had 80 million reasons to turn it around. Wish I had just one of them. How many of you had 80 mil? Do you relieze how HARD it is to spend that !!! :eek: So again, Tough Sh*t for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back