PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Terrell Owens - "Revis is just an average corner...Revis Island getting exposed"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OT: Terrell Owens - "Revis is just an average corner...Revis Island getting expos

Bill didn't keep Samuel so maybe he doesn't like paying out huge contracts to corners and would rather pay a lineman or QB.
Meanwhile, Bill did back up the Brinks truck to Adalius Thomas house.

Re: OT: Terrell Owens - "Revis is just an average corner...Revis Island getting expos

I think the Jets could not even take the feild and the Bengals would still find a way to blow the game.

I think the Jets could not even take the feild and the Bengals would still find a way to blow the game.
The Bungles have packed it in for the season.

When I play football (non organizational, just pickup games) I've noticed that I'm a much corner when I play like Revis. Just maul people with holding and pushing them off their routes.

I can see why he's so good, it makes me better, I can only imagine being a real athlete and doing it.

The Bungles have packed it in for the season.
Actually I think they just got more dangerous. They are realistically eliminated (a week ago they could have felt a run to 10-6 of 9-7 cold give them a shot) they are now playing for their future jobs, which ironically is less pressure than needing to win.

On a side note, they were talking about the Bengals on ESPN this morning (whatever the 10am show is called) and the bozos they had on that show were answering "Who is to blame for the Bengals season" and they actually mostly (maybe all) answered "The media for their unrealistic expectations". A playoff team last year is 3-7 and no one is to blame.
In true keeping the fantasy footballisizing of the media one guy said, I would have said Palmer but I looked up his stats and they aren't that bad.
Another said you can't blame Marvin Lewis because I think he is tired. Another wouldn't blame Lewis because "its the Bengals". Just a bizarre segment.

Pats fans are looking at rules changes which were supposed to help their opponents after our CB's did exactly what Revis does now. Pats fans have seen their fair share of phantom pass interference penalties against the Colts based on these rules changes. Pats fans are looking for the rules to be enforced across the league if they're going to change the rules. Pats fans are not seeing those rules enforced when it comes to "Revis Island". Are you going to now deny that Revis mugs the receivers he's covering all the way down the field?

Revis play tough,hard nose football,he has 5 yards where he can push and put hands on the recivers and he use that to his advantage

After that most of the time its contact that go both ways(reciver or corner pushing off)
I am sure that every once in a while Revis get away with holding or PI,those are superstar calls,Jordan and Bird use to get them,Kobe gets them,Brady and Manning gets them, thats just how it is.

But lets not make it like every time Revis is running toe to toe with a reciver he is commiting a penalty.

But thats just my opinion.

Revis play tough,hard nose football,he has 5 yards where he can push and put hands on the recivers and he use that to his advantage

After that most of the time its contact that go both ways(reciver or corner pushing off)
I am sure that every once in a while Revis get away with holding or PI,those are superstar calls,Jordan and Bird use to get them,Kobe gets them,Brady and Manning gets them, thats just how it is.

But lets not make it like every time Revis is running toe to toe with a reciver he is commiting a penalty.

But thats just my opinion.

Of course the receiver is going to push back with Revis. Revis has his hands on him the entire way down the field. It's the kind of stuff that our cornerbacks used to do to opposing receivers until the rules changed and we could no longer do it.

Revis this year is not the Revis of last year. Now if only Owens could take prove it on the field......

Revis this year is not the Revis of last year. Now if only Owens could take prove it on the field......
That's TO's point. Revis has really had 1 outstanding year and to compare him favorably against players who have performed their entire career is his point.

We all know Revis is a gun but his 2010 season had dropped off remarkably from his 2009 season injury or not.

Actually I think they just got more dangerous. They are realistically eliminated (a week ago they could have felt a run to 10-6 of 9-7 cold give them a shot) they are now playing for their future jobs, which ironically is less pressure than needing to win.

On a side note, they were talking about the Bengals on ESPN this morning (whatever the 10am show is called) and the bozos they had on that show were answering "Who is to blame for the Bengals season" and they actually mostly (maybe all) answered "The media for their unrealistic expectations". A playoff team last year is 3-7 and no one is to blame.
In true keeping the fantasy footballisizing of the media one guy said, I would have said Palmer but I looked up his stats and they aren't that bad.
Another said you can't blame Marvin Lewis because I think he is tired. Another wouldn't blame Lewis because "its the Bengals". Just a bizarre segment.

Carson is to blame..he went from having the potential to be number 3, in the list of best qbs in the NFL..to being a big suck. Ocho is the best WR on that team and yet he ignores him in favor of TO (who is having a great year) and whoever number 11 is on that team..Carson lost that Bills game..get rid of him, and get a decent qb with that Offense and that is a playoff team.

Revis peninsula :cool:

Asante Samuel says he is the king of the islands.

he still does look very good.

He did look good Sunday and has been this entire season. He was not very good last year but was very good in 2008.

Its feast or famine with Asante. Always was. Always will be.

You guys cannot be serious.

Darrell Revis has played 4 games at 100% this year.

He allowed 0 receptions against the packers.

Allowed 1 reception vs the Browns.

Held CALVIN JOHNSON to 1 catch for 13 yards.

YouTube - Darrelle Revis vs Calvin Johnson 11/7/2010

Held ANDRE Johnson to 3 catches for 32 yards.

He is every bit the player he was in 2009. This notion that his play has dropped off is completely moronic. He allowed 1 reception against the Ravens and then got hurt. Missed a couple of games and then forced himself to come back early to help his team. The last four weeks he has been absolutely dominant.

He is extremely physical at the line, and is able to be more physical than other corners down the field because of his amazing ability to stick to his man while PLAYING THE BALL.

He was outstanding as a rookie in 2007. Started every game as the #1 corner even though he missed most of training camp. He was the Jets best player in 2008 (earned a pro bowl nod even though nobody knew his name). And then had arguably the best season in the history of the position in 2009.

Revis made TO and OCHO his *****es last year on 4 games.

YouTube - Darrelle Revis owns Chad Ochocinco - 0 catches 0 yards

YouTube - Darrelle Revis Shuts Down Terrell Owens

Who really cares about Owens versus Revis? Stick a fork into the Bengals, season over.

We all know this but we want an upset Thursday, you missed that point I'm assuming.
And speaking of this Revis stuff, I honestly think Cromartie has been the better corner so far. With his body type of being more linky and tall, he's blocking, smacking and defending balls like crazy this year.

Last edited:

AMEN

I think Revis has looked half a step slower this year, probably due to the hammy or the extra 5lbs he looks to have added, but he just shut down Andre Johnson and Calvin Johnson...

And yes, I was at the game, he had Andre 1 on 1 90% of the game when the Jets were giving the Texans 4-6seconds to throw every time.

DM looks like he will be a solid corner, maybe even a pro-bowl type player. But right now, he can't hold Revis' jock

You guys cannot be serious.

Darrell Revis has played 4 games at 100% this year.

He allowed 0 receptions against the packers.

Allowed 1 reception vs the Browns.

Held CALVIN JOHNSON to 1 catch for 13 yards.

YouTube - Darrelle Revis vs Calvin Johnson 11/7/2010

Held ANDRE Johnson to 3 catches for 32 yards.

He is every bit the player he was in 2009. This notion that his play has dropped off is completely moronic. He allowed 1 reception against the Ravens and then got hurt. Missed a couple of games and then forced himself to come back early to help his team. The last four weeks he has been absolutely dominant.

He is extremely physical at the line, and is able to be more physical than other corners down the field because of his amazing ability to stick to his man while PLAYING THE BALL.

He was outstanding as a rookie in 2007. Started every game as the #1 corner even though he missed most of training camp. He was the Jets best player in 2008 (earned a pro bowl nod even though nobody knew his name). And then had arguably the best season in the history of the position in 2009.

Revis made TO and OCHO his *****es last year on 4 games.

YouTube - Darrelle Revis owns Chad Ochocinco - 0 catches 0 yards

YouTube - Darrelle Revis Shuts Down Terrell Owens

I really don't understand why so many people are saying his season last year was "arguably the best season in the history of the position." Hell, another corner won DPOY the same year!

I think Revis gets away with holding or PI on just about every play I watch him on

I don't understand why he's allowed to climb all over the receivers he's guarding

I think Revis gets away with holding or PI on just about every play I watch him on

I don't understand why he's allowed to climb all over the receivers he's guarding

Because he glues to his receivers plays the ball. Contact goes both ways. A dude chasing a yard behind a WR and grabbing on for dear life is much different to what revis dows.

Last edited:

I really don't understand why so many people are saying his season last year was "arguably the best season in the history of the position." Hell, another corner won DPOY the same year!

Revis got robbed. Woodson is a great player but he isn't really a corner anymore. He's more of a corner/linebacker hybrid. Hell, he isn't even the best cover corner on his own team anymore.

I did not think it was possible to see this much homerism in one thread.

Revis just held Calvin to 1 catch, and Andre to 1 catch (while covering him).

The 2 best WR's in the NFL, had ONE CATCH.

It may look like there is PI to someone who doesn't know about football, but if you knew than you'd see that it is just perfect coverage.

Will there be a couple times where a DB gets away with a little holding, and a WR gets away with a little PI? Yes. But this happens in every matchup every game.

Revis is very physical at the line, and then has such good coverage that to the blind eye it may look like PI.

What he does better than anyone is "feel" the receiver while looking back for the ball.

It is in the rules that you are allowed to touch a receiver as long as you're not interfering. Revis simply looks back while still knowing where the receiver is with slight contact that does not interfere.

If it wasn't allowed, he'd be called for it.

Some of you trying to downplay how good Revis is in this thread is just laughable.

If you've watched these last 4 Jets games without your Blue/Red/White goggles on, you'd see that Revis is back to last year.

...his stats against TO and Ocho last year. (In TWO GAMES)

TO: 4 catches, 42 yards (Revis had 1 interception, and 8 PD's)

Ocho: 2 catches, 28 yards (Revis had 1 interception)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes