PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Schefter - Denver Trades for Vernon Davis

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have a better D? In what way? I see the same defense. It's good, but the Pats are built to exploit it. It was all scary and blah blah last year as well. Have to go find posts leading up to the game last year. Most likely be hearing the same thing.
It's a prototypical Wade Phillips D. The thing about a Phillips D is, Brady destroys it.

The only concern for me is Denver's altitude.

Wtf. No way. If that happens then they should have an investigation lol. Maybe goodell has something to do with it

They are actually pretty damn good at writing contracts and managing the cap. Have 8 players with 3M cap hit and over and only 3M in dead money.

Maybe the packers where overrated to beginning with. I am beginning to lean that way. It was an impressive win but the packers offense has been pedestrian.

Good lord. Different team? How so? Coaches? Doesn't change mental makeup. BB may say that publicly but unless you have massive roster overhaul it isn't that big of a deal.

Wow.

So new coaches, different players, new schemes on offensive and defense, and a new season doesn't and can't change the mentality of a team?!?

For the love of god, I hope you're not a psychiatrist. Clearly you've never been apart of an actual competitive sports team either....

This conversation with you is now verging on stupidity. You may not like the Broncos, but don't claim to know their team makeup.

I need to see Denver not blow on offense for another 2-3 games before I get worried. Their defense has won them the majority of games and teams played them like they didn't want to win. Broncos fans are too confident about their matchup against the Patriots.

FWIW, Given that this it's pretty much guaranteed Manning retires at the end of the season, they are going all in with nothing to lose. They know this is their last shot at a Lombardi. Once Manning is gone, the Broncos are going back to being a suckage full of 5hit, fighting for 3rd place in the AFCW.

I take it you missed seeing Manning the first 6 games of the season...

Interesting, they probably need a starting tackle and they trade for TE. Helps the Pats with the market for tackles, I guess.
Maybe they're not done yet.

I wouldn't say Davis is done, I think if he had someone besides Kaepernick throwing him passes, he'd be more effective. I just don't see the upside to him playing with Manning, unless they plan to use him for blocking purposes. Then again, they only lost a 6th and 7th round pick, so it does it kill them either, unless another Tom Brady or Julian Edelman is waiting around in those rounds next draft.

Move certainly couldn't hurt. Should be a decent pick up.

Wow.

So new coaches, different players, new schemes on offensive and defense, and a new season doesn't and can't change the mentality of a team?!?

For the love of god, I hope you're not a psychiatrist. Clearly you've never been apart of an actual competitive sports team either....

This conversation with you is now verging on stupidity. You may not like the Broncos, but don't claim to know their team makeup.

Nope never played team sports. Ever. Regardless that means nothing. This conversation was stupid the instant you started in with the Denver scares me bit. It's like me saying Clay Buchholz will pitch 200 innings with zero health issues, even though the past 4 season he hasn't. Same with Ware. Talib is injury prone. Year after year. Those are the constants and that doesn't change based on coaching staffs or whatnot.

The Broncos have my respect as a decent team. Scary? Not in the least.

I wouldn't say Davis is done, I think if he had someone besides Kaepernick throwing him passes, he'd be more effective. I just don't see the upside to him playing with Manning, unless they plan to use him for blocking purposes. Then again, they only lost a 6th and 7th round pick, so it does it kill them either, unless another Tom Brady or Julian Edelman is waiting around in those rounds next draft.
The thing with Davis is, his entire career is predicated on the word potential. The reality is, he's had 3 excellent seasons out of 10.

He's been pretty bad looking at the stats the past two years. Does he block?

Not really. He is better off probably blocking a CB on a run play than trying to block a DE edge rushing. Much more like a big WR than a TE.

Davis seemed to have hit the age wall, but no more so than Owen Daniels. Definitely a good trade for the Broncos since they gave up very little and there is a chance he might rebound at least for this season.

I don't understand salary cap and transactions as well as most people here do... how are the Broncos still within cap space though I understand Vernon Davis isn't an expensive addition.... It seems like they have a pro bowl roster themselves...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back