PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: PFT a little over the top re: riots @ Philly-Dallas game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-ShirtDynasty

Reaction score
POSTED 10:36 a.m. EDT, October 5, 2006
"UNPRECEDENTED" SCENE COMING IN PHILLY
Since the official NFL-licensed buzzword as to the Albert Haynesworth suspension is "unprecedented," we're going to borrow it for a moment (and, hopefully, we won't have to pay a rights fee).

On Sunday, an "unprecedented" scene will unfold in Philadelphia.
Whether it's regarded as beautiful or hideous will be in the eye (or ear) of the beholder (or behearer . . . yeah, it ain't a word but wtf).

Regardless, it will be "unprecedented."

..... (SNIP)

As to the folks who'll actually be at the game on Sunday, we strongly advise leaving anyone under 14 at home. In addition to the new vocabulary words that Junior might learn (then again, if he's gone to other Eagles games he already knows them), pills and pill bottles and all sorts of other stuff will be flying through the air. Plus, we believe that there's a legitimate risk of fans storming the field and/or various fights and riots throughout the stands.

more at http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

RIOTS in the stands? Really?

Is this a legitimate concern, or is Florio just trying to be outrageous? I dunno, it just struck me as odd when I read it. I mean clearly, it's going to be a salty environment, but riots?

T-ShirtDynasty said:
more at http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

RIOTS in the stands? Really?

Is this a legitimate concern, or is Florio just trying to be outrageous? I dunno, it just struck me as odd when I read it. I mean clearly, it's going to be a salty environment, but riots?
I don't know, it could get ugly real quick, I really don't see much out of the Eagles this year and Dallas may light them up. I wouldn't want to be in that stadium if the Eagles get pounded by the 'boys.

I actually think the Eagles will be one of the top teams in the NFC this year and beat Dallas on Sunday handidly. I know far too many Eagles fans having gone to school at Penn State and let me tell you it will be intense. There will be a ton of pill bottles thrown and God only knows what else which I'm sure will be far more clever. But I HIGHLY doubt they are gonna go Ron Artest here. If the Eagles get crushed there might be some fights in the parking lots and such but I agree with T-Shirt I think Florio is trying to make this seem bigger then it is.

I don't know, it'll probably depend on how the game is going.

If it's a laugher, the fans probably won't get too riled up.

But if the players are overly agressive and on edge (which they may be) with pushing and shoving or fighting going on, it could entice the crowd to join in. I could see fights breaking out in the stands, but riots? Surely not.

You'd hope, anyway.

Lived there for 12-years. Have friends going to the game. It should be fun.

The talk radio clowns in Philly are calling for women who are sttending the game to dress up like nurses. LOL

It will be a bit more charged there in Philly but I don't expect anything bad. If anything does happen, look for the media to blow it totally out of proportion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back