Welcome to PatsFans.com

OT: PFT a little over the top re: riots @ Philly-Dallas game?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by T-ShirtDynasty, Oct 5, 2006.

1. T-ShirtDynasty

T-ShirtDynasty Moderator

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

more at http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

RIOTS in the stands? Really?

Is this a legitimate concern, or is Florio just trying to be outrageous? I dunno, it just struck me as odd when I read it. I mean clearly, it's going to be a salty environment, but riots?
  2. patsacolachick

patsacolachick Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I don't know, it could get ugly real quick, I really don't see much out of the Eagles this year and Dallas may light them up. I wouldn't want to be in that stadium if the Eagles get pounded by the 'boys.
  3. TeamPats

TeamPats Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I actually think the Eagles will be one of the top teams in the NFC this year and beat Dallas on Sunday handidly. I know far too many Eagles fans having gone to school at Penn State and let me tell you it will be intense. There will be a ton of pill bottles thrown and God only knows what else which I'm sure will be far more clever. But I HIGHLY doubt they are gonna go Ron Artest here. If the Eagles get crushed there might be some fights in the parking lots and such but I agree with T-Shirt I think Florio is trying to make this seem bigger then it is.
  4. Brownfan80

Brownfan80 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I don't know, it'll probably depend on how the game is going.

If it's a laugher, the fans probably won't get too riled up.

But if the players are overly agressive and on edge (which they may be) with pushing and shoving or fighting going on, it could entice the crowd to join in. I could see fights breaking out in the stands, but riots? Surely not.

You'd hope, anyway.
  5. denverpatsfan

denverpatsfan PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Lived there for 12-years. Have friends going to the game. It should be fun.

The talk radio clowns in Philly are calling for women who are sttending the game to dress up like nurses. LOL

It will be a bit more charged there in Philly but I don't expect anything bad. If anything does happen, look for the media to blow it totally out of proportion.