OT: Joey Porter has something to say to George Bush

Status
Not open for further replies.

DefenseRules

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm
PORTER PLANNING TO GIVE THE PREZ A PIECE OF HIS MIND

Steelers linebacker Joey Porter is looking forward to the team's visit to the White House on June 2 in celebration of their Super Bowl victory.

But not for the reasons that most folks anticipate a visit to the place when the President lives and works.

"Yeah, I got something to say to [George] Bush, I'm going to have a swagger when I walk in there, too," Porter said. "I'm looking forward to it. I have something to tell him, too. I don't like the way things are running right now. I feel like he has to give me some of my money back, so I got something to tell Bush."

Even if Porter is mildly exaggerating or completely kidding, it's not the kind of attempt humor that the men and women of the Secret Service ordinarily regard as funny. Our guess is that, at a minimum, Porter will get a stern talking to from someone in authority regarding his stated plans and, depending on what Porter says in response, he might not receive the requisite clearance to attend.

Or maybe he'll say all the right things in advance and then try to make a scene when he gets there. But the thing that Porter, who already has been shot once in his life, needs to keep in mind is that the folks in the Secret Service will be aiming a little higher than his ass if he crosses the line in the presence of the President.

Better still, perhaps Porter can display the area of his prior wound to Bush, a la Forrest Gump and LBJ.

He can't be serious. :rolleyes:

Joey Porter said:
I feel like he has to give me some of my money back
Wow, all we have to do is ask and we can get some money back ? Nice :D

I'm sure George Bush cares less about the words coming out of Joey Porter's big mouth than I do. And that's hard to do.

DefenseRules said:

Why is it that people we pay to entertain us think their opinion matters? He needs to have a little respect for the tradition of these championship visits and for the office of the white house. Oh, I forgot who we're talking about. No wonder someone shot this guy in the ass.

jeffd said:
Why is it that people we pay to entertain us think their opinion matters? He needs to have a little respect for the tradition of these championship visits and for the office of the white house. Oh, I forgot who we're talking about. No wonder someone shot this guy in the ass.

While I certainly agree with your overall sentiment, I can answer your first question.

People who entertain us are powerful opinion leaders. If it's Jordan selling sneakers, Tiger selling drivers, or Jeter selling baseball gloves, it's clear that their opinion matters to many of us. Muhammad Ali certainly made his politics known and inspired many people to protest against the war in Vietnam. The biggest difference here however is Porter is nowhere near a Jordan, Tiger, Jeter or Ali.

smg93 said:
While I certainly agree with your overall sentiment, I can answer your first question.

People who entertain us are powerful opinion leaders. If it's Jordan selling sneakers, Tiger selling drivers, or Jeter selling baseball gloves, it's clear that their opinion matters to many of us. Muhammad Ali certainly made his politics known and inspired many people to protest against the war in Vietnam. The biggest difference here however is Porter is nowhere near a Jordan, Tiger, Jeter or Ali.

If Jordan tells me sneakers make him play well, I believe him because he plays well. Ali's politics, I'll keep my politics out and not agree or disagree, were informed and articulated. And I don't think that pop-star opinions sway the general public as much as they or the media think.

jeffd said:
And I don't think that pop-star opinions sway the general public as much as they or the media think.

They have however created multi billion dollar industry's out of pop stars and athletes. In this day and age where most people worry about spending their money wisely, many still purchase products that are endorsed by these celebrities even if they are more expensive than non-endorsed products of equivalent quality. That speaks volumes.

BelichickFan said:

According to 24, all you need to do is call the White House and ask to speak with the President. At least it works that way for Miles.

I think it says something about Joey that of all the things he could say to the President the one thing he wants to do is ask for money back. If I were speaking to Bush there are A LOT of things I'd want to say to him but asking for money back would not be the first. (Sorry for the rant Nut.)

I like Porter's attitude and the way he plays the game. I would take him as 55's replacement in a heartbeat.

Say it like it is , Joey, you're speaking for many of us.

joey.gif

Here is Porter showing how he farts through his mouth.

This thread shuld be moved to the general or political forum before the wacko's over there venture over here.

I always love it when they do that.

Last edited:
D-cleater said:

My gut tells me that a guy like Porter stands to do much more harm than good to the causes he claims to support.

So the way I see it, those who see things the way Porter does would do well to knock some sense into him, and those who disagree with him should be encouraging him to "speak his mind".

Tell you the kind of ORg the Steelers are they rule the world they have a dynasty going this vists are to honor the team and get out no mater who is Prez maybe they should watch some true pros that have been their 3 times!!! Joey won't be back that is for sure.

Last edited:
D-cleater said:
I like Porter's attitude and the way he plays the game. I would take him as 55's replacement in a heartbeat.

I suppose the classless have to have a spokesperson- he's yours.

D-cleater said:
You guys had your chance to speak a back in 2000 and 2004.

D-cleater said:

:confused:
Joey Porter is making 3.85 million dollars this year, I highly doubt he speaks for you, fool. Considering he is the rich who you say gets all the tax breaks.

Joey Porter is always flapping his gums about something..

D-cleater said:

71% at last count.

TIME TO CLOSE AND MOVE THIS STUPID POLITICAL THREAD.

Is there a mods in the house?

BelichickFan said:

You're making millions. He cut your taxes, ****head.

Those three Bentleys with the Spinnas were just what the economy needed.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back