PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Jets Mason Traded to Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no general interest in reading other team boards but thanks to the declining quality of comedic talent world wide I've found myself drawn to Jets boards.

Oh the laughs...
Yeah, i went back and started reading sundays game day thread, its pretty hillarious. I revel in they're misery.

Last edited:
Mason is a badass, its amazing he's kept productive up to this year. People on this board hate him, but the dude is a baller.

Baller more like bawler. :/

blah blah blah, whatever. If this transaction makes the Jets a better team, we should not be celebrating.

The Pats see the Jets again in 3 weeks. We need to beat them in their stadium before we can bury the Jets for this season, and piss on their grave.

Last edited:
This move might backfire in the Jets locker room. Three receivers speak out against Schotty, but instead of fixing the playcalling problems Rex gets rid of the most expendable of them.

I think Rex definitely set expectations too high for Mason. At one point he said on the radio or at a press conference that he said Mason will get something on the order of 90 receptions this year. Mistake by Rex is keeping expectations too high, but most of the blame is obviously more on Mason.

This move might backfire in the Jets locker room. Three receivers speak out against Schotty, but instead of fixing the playcalling problems Rex gets rid of the most expendable of them.

I don't know. Seems like a Belichickian move to me. A guy steps out of line and is gone ten minutes later. Sends a message to the locker room. Seems like a departure for Rex, the ultimate players' coach. I think it's a good move for them. Kerley has some talent, by the way, he was a terrific player at TCU.

They should have traded Sanchez.

...for a conditional....this tells me a lot about the current state of that lockerroom...

I don't know. Seems like a Belichickian move to me. A guy steps out of line and is gone ten minutes later. Sends a message to the locker room. Seems like a departure for Rex, the ultimate players' coach. I think it's a good move for them. Kerley has some talent, by the way, he was a terrific player at TCU.
Yes it does Don, but here is what I don't understand. You have a serial malcontent in Holmes. A guy bad enough that the Steelers literally give him away, just to get him out of the locker room. Yet Rex makes him a captain. You have another old guy who hasn't played in the league in 2 years and in the past has been no locker room sweet heart either. However the guy that goes is the guy who was reportedly a great guy, a good locker room presence, a guy who in over a decade, never failed to get at least 750 yds of production, and guy BB liked and tried hard to get

Now THAT guy is being portrayed as being old, slow, backstabbing player, who couldn't get the playbook, and didn't care about football enough. I don't know but it seems a bit odd to me.

I hope when he gets to Houston and is questioned about this, he DOESN'T take the high road, and lets everyone know what's going on down there. But probably not.

I'd actually be happy if I were Mason. Houston's probably looking at a 4 seed worst case scenario

you are assuming winning matters to a lot of these guys. He seems like a me-first kind of guy.
He had an awesome 2007…seems like a decade ago.

Lmao@ moss tolerating sanchez throwing him the ball

Depending on how much money the Jets can "throw" to Moss.

I would hate it...but that would be an interesting move on the Jets behalf.

BB, 2009: "Check the scoreboard, Mason."

Rex, 2011: "Check the transaction page, Mason."

Next--Kubiak: "Check the waiver wire, Mason."

Next--his wife: "Check the want ads, Mason."

The Jets throwing money at Randy would be a good move (For the Pats).....less money for signing other motivated younger players that could grow into good players......

Could Sanchez actually get him the ball? Randy would probably be really unmotivated after a few passes were thrown at his feet...or Kerley,Keller and Holmes got the majority of throws....

I don't think his ego would allow him to sign with the Yets unless they threw A TON of $$$$$$$$$$$$$ his way... :eek:

Sounds like a little scapegoating going on in the wake of another embarrassing Green Beans loss. Who takes his place now, Kerley?

Definitely some scapegoating going on. I'm surprised the Jets got anything at all for Mason though. The guy wore out his welcome pretty quickly.

blah blah blah, whatever. If this transaction makes the Jets a better team, we should not be celebrating.

The Pats see the Jets again in 3 weeks. We need to beat them in their stadium before we can bury the Jets for this season, and piss on their grave.

How does getting rid of Mason (who played 5 snaps vs. the Patriots this past weekend) for a conditional 7th round pick make the Jets better? Maybe if that conditional 7th round pick turns into a stud, but it is unlikely. If they didn't trade him, he would most likely have been cut or deactivated. So it has no affect how the Jets are going to play on the field going forward.

Even getting rid of Mason doesn't fix their locker room problems with Santonio Holmes throwing his teammates under the bus and he and Plax going to to Ryan to complain about Schottenheimer (after benching and trading away Mason does anyone really believe the Jets' denial of the story?).

I don't know about that. Ryan traded Mason because he was a waste of space. Santonio Holmes has publically called out Schottenheimer, Mark Sanchez, and the offensive line. Holmes and Plax also supposably went behind Schottenheimer's back to complain to Ryan. Neither guy seem to have gotten any punishment. Belichick would not have a problem punishing star players for insubordination. He has benched Welker for a drive in a playoff game, Seymour for a half, sent Moss home for being late for practice, etc. Seems like Ryan took the chicken way out and ousted a guy who had very little value to the team and looked the other way for starters. Belichick would have disciplined at least Holmes for throwing his coach and teammates under the bus to the press.

But Rex isn't Belichick; he's made a big point of players being able to say what they want up until now.

It turns out you can only speak out if you're one of his favorite guys.

Yeah, i went back and started reading sundays game day thread, its pretty hillarious. I revel in they're misery.

I, like you, couldn't resist. I had to simply read their game thread at the end when the Pats ate up those 6+ minutes and played " Ground and Pound" with the Jets.

Mark Sanchez looks every bit the QB we were told he was capable of being.

3 out of the last 4 games against Sanchez, 2/3 being in NE, he has thrown like 8 TDs and no INTs, probably no sacks either (save that lame Anderson garbage time sack).

I love to hate on the kid but I always look back to that, just don't understand how we make his career at this point, he is probably a backup or FA if it wasn't for our defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News