PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Jets going after Jason Taylor HARD

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Chargers' line was fine. He ran well behind it in the past, and the other RBs on the roster ran fine behind it too. He's just no good anymore. Which I'm totally fine with: the Jets will give him the ball a fair amount, he'll be unable to get above 3.5 YPC, New York will turn on him in a matter of weeks, he'll sulk his way through the season because he's just classy like that, and Pats fans everywhere will love it.

====================================================

Not as I understand it, Sproles had a low avg. also.

IMO it will be more like the Favre experiment. LdT will do well enough sharing duties for the first half of the season. Around mid season he'll start to wear down. Unlike Favre who can play through injuries with the determination of a wounded Rhinoceros, LdT will get injured and start to suck. He'll pull himself out of games because, "It's the best thing for the team."

He'll be right, though. No team would benefit from a less-than-100% LT. Honestly, I'm not sure that the Jets will even benefit from having a 100% LT. He's a replacement-level player.

He'll be right, though. No team would benefit from a less-than-100% LT. Honestly, I'm not sure that the Jets will even benefit from having a 100% LT. He's a replacement-level player.

It's not the way it's done. It has to be a decision of the medical staff and the HC. LdT is a sissy and he proved that in San Diego.

The Chargers' line was fine. He ran well behind it in the past, and the other RBs on the roster ran fine behind it too. He's just no good anymore. Which I'm totally fine with: the Jets will give him the ball a fair amount, he'll be unable to get above 3.5 YPC, New York will turn on him in a matter of weeks, he'll sulk his way through the season because he's just classy like that, and Pats fans everywhere will love it.

He is still a huge threat in the redzone. I don't like that they got him at all and just in case you think I like LT or something, I've never liked him. Hate guys that wear shades unless of course they happen to play for the Patriots in which case its grudgingly acceptable.

Rex Ryan*

Who is that? Are you referring to Jabba Wrecks, buffet inhaler and coach of the New Jersey Green Beans?

He is still a huge threat in the redzone.
He used to be. He used to be money. He did the fade that every RB does around that age and # of carries, just like Dillon did. It just isn't there any more.

Right now, if I'm down by 4, fourth and goal with 1 sec on the clock, lined up with three TE's and a single setback, the other team with 11 in the box, I'd go with Jones, not LdT.

====================================================

Not as I understand it, Sproles had a low avg. also.

Except LT had his second worst year of his career in 2008 (third worst in YPC after last year and his rookie season) while Sproles had his best.

BTW, for the record, Mike Reiss still doesn't believe Taylor will sign with the Jets. From his blog today:

I might be badly misreading the situation, but I’ll be surprised if Jason Taylor signs with the Jets. Last year, he said playing for them would be very tough to do because of his dislike for them. What’s different this year?

Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

Granted I don't think he has any inside info.

===================================================
And I would agree I am ignorant about the coaches code.

This link is a classic example of the code and how Mangini broke it.

After the 2005 season, Bill Parcells and the Cowboys needed a place kicker badly. Parcelles called Belichick to see if the Patriots had plans to keep Adam Vinatieri. BB in turn told Parcells that they were attempting to sign Adam. That is all Parcells needed to hear to stop his pursuit. You have to think that the Cowboys would have been Adam Vinatieri's first choice had Parcells taken that option. After all, an indoor team, former coach who drafted him, large fanbase, nice weather.

The code is strongest between coaches that are from the same 'coaching tree', but also exists to a lesser degree across the board (Example: Herm Edwards waiving to the Patriots camera in previous years). Parcells was a man and he abided by the coaches code at the risk of not attempting to sign one of the best and most clutch place kickers in the league.

Chiefs Links: Following ‘The Code’ | Arrowhead Addict | A Kansas City Chiefs blog

Most of the media is clueless to the depth and magnitude of coaches keeping 'things' to themselves. But the 'code' meant more to Parcells and I respect him immensely for that.

On the other hand, I wouldn't trust Mangini with my worst enemy. He broke all connections with the Belichick by tampering with players and coaches from the begining. Ratting out the Patriots on opening day in the Meadowlands in 2007 is just another example of that. And although there is no direct evidence of this, Mangini knows it, The Patriots know it, the Jets know it, the commissioner knows it and deep down inside even you know it Gunnails.

=========================================================
I am truly sorry for any assault's, taunting, mocking and humiliation that children in your family have suffered. It's just a friggen game.

lol... that is an awesome response!

Last edited:
Watched the Pats vs Eagles Superbowl this morning.

Had to laugh when I saw Belichick reaming out Frado for letting Lewis get deep for a late TD.

Fredo looked like the a@@clown that he is and will always be.

Last edited:
BTW, for the record, Mike Reiss still doesn't believe Taylor will sign with the Jets.
If this is an example of how the Jets go hard after a player, I'd hate to see them be just slightly interested. Must be a real snoozer.

He used to be. He used to be money. He did the fade that every RB does around that age and # of carries, just like Dillon did. It just isn't there any more.

Right now, if I'm down by 4, fourth and goal with 1 sec on the clock, lined up with three TE's and a single setback, the other team with 11 in the box, I'd go with Jones, not LdT.

I go with neither,I go with Leon Washington,that guy is a slippery little bastard

all or nothing for the NYJ's especially now with Holmes the convict.

a homerun or SOJ

My $ says SOJ

Watched the Pats vs Eagles Superbowl this morning.

Had to laugh when I saw Belichick reaming out Frado for letting Lewis get deep for a late TD.

Fredo looked like the a@@clown that he is and will always be.

Who's Fredo? Dexter Reid?

2008_11_mangini_fredo.jpg

==============================================

Mangini!

I see now, said the blind man.

Fredo should've reamed-out Bill for drafting that useless stiff Reid in the 4th damn round.

I see now, said the blind man.

Fredo should've reamed-out Bill for drafting that useless stiff Reid in the 4th damn round.

If you remember the play, it was clearly Fredo's fault for having Reid out of position. Play back, bend a bit, and kill the clock. The Patriot way

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes