PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: It's not Peyton's fault!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That interception was Mannings fault. His eyes locked on Wayne right from the snap of the ball and never left him.

Well at least we did not give up and and pull him out of the game with over 5 minutes of play left.....where have I seen that at? Hmmm.... :confused:

You should have, maybe Painter wouldnt have choked and you could have tied the game.

Well at least we did not give up and and pull him out of the game with over 5 minutes of play left.....where have I seen that at? Hmmm.... :confused:

You are actually in some way,which is beyond pathetic and stupid by the way, trying to compare Week 17 of the regular season against the Texans to the Super Bowl. Are you seriously trying to do that?

Colts fans are delusional now. I think this loss will affect them for a long time to come.

Last edited:

Huh? No, I don't know where you've seen that. So tell me; and btw, suck on it. What a F'in beautiful game, with the Manning choke served up for the entire football world to see. :rocker:

Manning actually had a good game today. That pass to Clark was unreal.

he was 31/45 for 333 yards an 88.5 rating. The colts running game was good for 99 yards and Brackett had 13 tackles. I think the Saints won the game more than the Colts lost it. I'd blame the coaches more than the players as I felt they were too conservative with the Saints gaining momentum after the 10-0 lead.

I like to bash Manning for fun ... but he played well except for that 1 pass today.

This is where we come to the reality that stats that result in a loss are hollow. Winning is what matters, and you must make the plays that decide the game. Brees did. Manning had the chance to and on the most important drive of his life he gave the other team 6. That totally negates all the stats you want to post.
By the way the fact that he led them to 7 points in the final 3 quarters does to.
But go ahead and tell me he passed for 333 yards, because all those yards on the last 2 drives mean a lot don't they.

he was 31/45 for 333 yards an 88.5 rating. The colts running game was good for 99 yards and Brackett had 13 tackles. I think the Saints won the game more than the Colts lost it. I'd blame the coaches more than the players as I felt they were too conservative with the Saints gaining momentum after the 10-0 lead.

I like to bash Manning for fun ... but he played well except for that 1 pass today.
Bingo. Manning was reasonable today and showed why he is a great quarterback. However, the perception is when Brady throws a bad pass it's not the receivers fault it's Brady's. If Manning throws a bad pass it's the receivers fault not Manning's.

Either way, I hope the Patriots stay healthy next season. I want another ring to further emphasize Brady and the Patriots greatness.

I also thought that Manning blew it on the last drive in the red zone. After Addai was tackled on third down, there was about a minute left and the Colts are holding two timeouts. In the biggest play in the biggest game they let the clock run while Peyton audibles with the clock running. I thought that was really stupid. It's fourth down. You take the timeout and discuss what you are going to do. You also want to conserve some time so after you score, you can attempt an on-side kick. Just dumb clock management.

FYI...it's not an NBC story. It's actually an associated press story. Their "head football writer" probably assigned someone, another one of his football writers - likely the indy guy - to do a "sidebar" on the game and that's the one he chose.

I also thought that Manning blew it on the last drive in the red zone. After Addai was tackled on third down, there was about a minute left and the Colts are holding two timeouts. In the biggest play in the biggest game they let the clock run while Peyton audibles with the clock running. I thought that was really stupid. It's fourth down. You take the timeout and discuss what you are going to do. You also want to conserve some time so after you score, you can attempt an on-side kick. Just dumb clock management.

I agree....that was almost as stupid as running the ball on third down.

Re: It's not Peyton's Fault!

Well it SHOULD have been easy to read it. For God's sake, the Colts only ran three routes the entire night. Hitch, slant, crossing route. Rinse and repeat.

That's their offence and it's pretty damn good. But don't make me defend Peyton and the Colts - I prefer to revel in their failures.

I just want to point out that Porter was brilliant on that play. He even gave the cushion so it would look like Wayne was open. But he wasn't moving backwards; he was ready to pounce.

weeks 16 and 17, against Jets and Bills

Re: It's not Peyton's Fault!

"Porter made a great play. That's all I have to say about that, Porter made a great play."

Translation..."I refuse to take any responsibility for losing this game. In fact, I refuse to acknowledge I participated in that particular play."

"That onside kick in the 2nd half was tough. It negated the coin toss."

Translation..."I'm going to kick Hank Baskett in the nuts so hard, Kendra Wilkinson will feel it."

"And we had that bubble screen that looked like it was going to be a big play, but lost yards."

Translation..."Seriously, do I have get out there and block too?"

"Then we missed the FG and gave the Saints good field position."

Translation..."I'm going to kick Matt Stover in the nuts so hard, Kendra Wilkinson will feel it."

LOL

As I'm reading this there's the Wheaties Fuel commercial again, prepare to win...LOL

Oh pahleeese. When it works and they win Manning is the WR's coach and OC and playcaller as well as passer extraordinaire. When the lose it's everyone else's fault even though he's the whole friggin' team and annual MVP by acclaimation every Setember...

I hope Irsay goes bankrupt paying this sucker for going 1-1 and not losing both superbowls...

Given that he would have had two picks against him if his receiver didn't bail his ass out in the end zone, and given that Peyton "Mighty" Peyton only managed to put up 17 points against a terrible offense even though his running game was killing the Saints, I suggest that you need to re-evaluate the performance.

Given that he would have had two picks against him if his receiver didn't bail his ass out in the end zone, and given that Peyton "Mighty" Peyton only managed to put up 17 points against a terrible offense even though his running game was killing the Saints, I suggest that you need to re-evaluate the performance.

Three picks if the first "would be" pick wasn't such a terrible throw that not even the defender could get to it.

but wait...I thought Manling would NEVER throw a pick tonight...the experts on NFLN and ESPN all said so....how does the "greatest quarterback in NFL history!!!!!!" only put up 17 points on the big stage?....AND throw the back breaking, choking in the clutch HUGE INT???

How can this be??? Maybe Shauna C. or Tony Gasbagarotti or felching Felger will elicit an answer from these all knowing "experts" and explain how they too were so unbelievably 100 % WRONG during their 2 week long gagfests of Pay-Me-Choke adulation.

I can't believe this BS is already starting. I heard Steve Young on ESPN blame Wayne as well. That is the difference between Brady and Manning! Peyton blames others when he loses while Brady takes the blame and rallies the troops. Brady is better then Manning if their careers end today and Manning is still 2 super bowls behind. Brady would not have thrown that pass and neither would Joe Montana. Manning is behind both of those guys as of today!

heres a colts fan thats living in reality

stop being a dumbass

manning needs a great d and a great running game to win anything

he sucks balls by himself

wake up moron

I can't believe this BS is already starting. I heard Steve Young on ESPN blame Wayne as well. That is the difference between Brady and Manning! Peyton blames others when he loses while Brady takes the blame and rallies the troops. Brady is better then Manning if their careers end today and Manning is still 2 super bowls behind. Brady would not have thrown that pass and neither would Joe Montana. Manning is behind both of those guys as of today!

Yeah I just heard Steve Young blaming Wayne too.

Ahh what can we expect, Young had long been a douchebag. He acted like winning 1 SB got the monkey off his back. Newsflash Steve, Joe Montana won 4.

Haha...got that right. Addai was killing them and the Saint's run D was apparently taking a nap for most of the game and then...whoot, sorry I am so giddy now I can't even stand it....hehehehe :singing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes