PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: It's not Peyton's fault!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh ok, the one they've been trying so hard to anoint "the greatest qb ever" throws a pick 6 on a must score drive in the final minutes of the ****ing Super Bowl, and of course its not his fault? LOLZ!!! Just wait, the turncoat backstabbing ruthless rating greedy media is going to crucify gomer and polian for this. :singing:

But Brady only scored 17 vs the Giants.

/sarcasm

This is where we come to the reality that stats that result in a loss are hollow. Winning is what matters, and you must make the plays that decide the game. Brees did. Manning had the chance to and on the most important drive of his life he gave the other team 6. That totally negates all the stats you want to post.
By the way the fact that he led them to 7 points in the final 3 quarters does to.
But go ahead and tell me he passed for 333 yards, because all those yards on the last 2 drives mean a lot don't they.

It's always easy to be an armchair QB after a game and pick out the 1 or 2 plays that blew or won a game. I don't agree with you ... I think the Saints team made a few more plays than the Colts team made ... just like Belichick says all the time. I don't like Manning much myself but to call him a choke and blame the game on him is irresponsible. He played well today. The Colts special teams, defense, coaching and Reggie Wayne all choked more than Peyton.

Brady is a great QB ... he threw a few int's vs the Ravens ... does that make him 3X more of a choker than Manning who threw 1 Int today? Everything you say above also can be said of Brady ... neither QB is a choker.

tell me...what does 14-4 versus 9-9 in the post season and 3 Super Bowl wins to one say?

It's always easy to be an armchair QB after a game and pick out the 1 or 2 plays that blew or won a game. I don't agree with you ... I think the Saints team made a few more plays than the Colts team made ... just like Belichick says all the time. I don't like Manning much myself but to call him a choke and blame the game on him is irresponsible. He played well today. The Colts special teams, defense, coaching and Reggie Wayne all choked more than Peyton.

Brady is a great QB ... he threw a few int's vs the Ravens ... does that make him 3X more of a choker than Manning who threw 1 Int today? Everything you say above also can be said of Brady ... neither QB is a choker.

Keep living the fantasy. The reality is that Manning is a choker, and he has been for pretty much all of his NFL career.

Manning threw four interceptable passes tonight. The bomb to Wayne (second quarter?), one over the middle to Collie which he had to knock out of Vilma's hands, the one to Wayne on the sideline which Jenkins nearly picked off, and then the actual INT itself.

You could argue the INT was simply a terrific defensive play by Porter, but the other three were awful passes. He had it coming. As always.

Then there was the offensive PI in the fourth quarter that was intercepted but the defender's (Greer?) right foot was out of bounds. That was very, very interceptable.

Last edited:
Keep living the fantasy. The reality is that Manning is a choker, and he has been for pretty much all of his NFL career.

Don't forget his college career also where he choked against Florida every year but Tee Martin won the title the year aftyr he left. What really is irritating is how no one is mentioning how Collie is open run across the middle of the field yet he tries to force it to Wayne yet it's Wayne's fault.

Certainly he has choked in some big games in his career.

I just don't see that he choked tonight ... a bad pass for sure but it was 1.
Being the pro he is perhaps he takes the blame ... but I don't think he should. He called good plays at the line and he prouced well tonight ... just 1 or 2 plays short which does not constitute a choke.

Being the pro he is perhaps he takes the blame ... but I don't think he should. He called good plays at the line and he prouced well tonight ... just 1 or 2 plays short which does not constitute a choke.

Actually, coming "1 or 2 plays short" because you throw the ball right into the hands of your opponent after locking onto your receiver with the game on the line is pretty much a textbook choke.

Also, again, you're acting as if that was the only bad throw. In another thread where you made this same claim, I pointed out another pass that would have been intercepted if his teammate hadn't bailed him out by committing a penalty against the man who'd have gotten the pick, and to another pass that would have been a pick if the pass hadn't been thrown off-target to a covered receiver.

Last edited:
The real problem is over estimating the accomplishment that is beating two bad 9-7 teams with rookie and second year QB's.

The Pats actually dominated the Dolts more until magical PI/spots showed up. That should have been the clue that they aren't that good.

"Choke" is less applicable than excessive "build up".

If Manning throws a pick its a "mistake" or a "dissapointing loss" for Payton. IF Brady had thrown the pick they would have said he choked.

If Manning throws a pick its a "mistake" or a "dissapointing loss" for Payton. IF Brady had thrown the pick they would have said he choked.

Well, to be fair here, everyone is pretty much saying he choked....

OMFG. Im tired of this **** about the COAT.

Choker Of All Times

Re: It's not Peyton's Fault!

You miss my point (or I didn't make it very well): That article is hilarious! It does read *exactly* like the Onion review of the game.

You are exactly right. Anyone who actually watched this game cannot take that tripe seriously.

How is Manning not to blame for that bad pass? It's a timing route and Manning rushed the throw. If you watch the play, Wayne was just starting his break when Porter blew past him to grab the interception. Not only was the pass rushed by Manning, but it would have been behind Wayne as well..

That play is SOLELY on Manning. Not Wayne. As I said last night, it's kind of hard to box out the defender when you've just started your cut when the defender is blowing past you for the interception.

This was the Manning of old on Display..

tell me...what does 14-4 versus 9-9 in the post season and 3 Super Bowl wins to one say?

It means Brady is better in big games! :D

Well, to be fair here, everyone is pretty much saying he choked....
I did read to articles that said just that. One said the int was a mistake, the other in SI said that poor Payton disappointed again like he had nothing to do with it. It was just bad luck.

Leave PEYTON ALONE!

ha ha ha.

I feel bad for a dog that's been beat down, can't help it. Imagine how bad he must feel. But imagine how you'd never hear the end of it if he had won, so I guess it had to be. Shakespearean.

Anyway, did you notice how flat his face is? His nose is really long but only rises slightly from his head and has a big dent in it. What's that about? Did his dad hit him with a shovel when he was little and wasn't performing up to par?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes