PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: How is everyone doing during this storm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
15 deaths, 1,000,000 + without power, millions of $ worth of damage. I wouldn't exactly call this "overblown"

It was a pun as the original post was about freshly cut lawn is now covered in leaves and branches because they have been blown over.

Over here in Edinburgh Scotland we have had crazy winds and lots of tree's lifted.

So I take back my original post, late last night the winds picked up immensely. Enough to rattle some windows (I own an older home) and wake me up. I can't help but laugh to myself thinking that I should of mowed the lawn this morning instead of last friday. Raking would of been a piece of cake.

Last edited:
Here in upstate NY we got hit pretty hard. Tons of flooding, downed trees, power outtages, roads closed. The hudson river has risen and flooded several towns along it. Luckily I'm on higher ground with no trees that are going to fall on the house.

Lost power Seacoast NH until 10AM Monday. Worse yet the power came on in the middle of the night at half voltage driving furnace etc. motors crazy.

I lost power for about 24 hours and also lost a number of trees but that was about it. I'm in Mass West of Boston on the 495 belt.

Glad to have my power back! :D Those folks at the power grid must have put in some OT last night. Cheers to them for all their hard work!

nothing here just south of boston......leaves all over the place.....the sump pump never turned on, folding chairs on the patio are still upright......

I know elsewhere its worse.....maybe I am lucky and have a hurrican-proof property......

95% Eastern Connecticut still does not have power. That is not an exaggeration. Several towns are 100% outage. Approximately 700,000 people lost power in CT. That is more power outage than any of the hurricanes ever caused in CT. Maybe, "tropical storm" Irene caused less damage than expected. I am thankful we did not found out what damage Hurricane Irene could cause.
Thankfully, I was one of the lucky ones who never lost power, did not have a tree in my house or car, and did not get flooded out.

No power from 1:30am to 1:30pm Sunday morning to afternoon. Some trees down. No biggie.

The sudden 5.8 earthquake last Tuesday was way more concerning.

Down in PA helping my daughter move on Sat, her previous apt bldg by the Schuylkill river, the parking lot flooded, lots of homes near rivers in PA flooded, wind not a big problem, driving back to Northern NJ, in my area a lot of downed trees a couple of bridges out homes by the rivers flooded.

There was 8-9 in of rain in a short time with the ground already saturated, wind not a real big deal.

For many people in VT, upstate NY, Ct, and Western MA. this was no joke. Unreal the flooding in those areas. Many area's here in So. Maine and Seacoast NH are without power.

My sarcasim ws directed at he news media. I remember watching one report where this babe was in full rain gear with the "wind" flapping against her gear. Then in the background there were peopel in shorts and tee shirts looking at her like "what is she talking about"?

Maybe they had one of those Hollywood movie giant wind fans. Or maybe she was in the studio standing innfront of a screen.:rolleyes:

Not to bad for me here in Providence. Lost some big tree limbs ... with no power all day we just went outside in the drizzle and began the cleanup. 40 paper recycle bags later I am 75% done. Today I cut the lawn to finish the cleanup and cut the tree limbs for firewood for my friend's house.

Overall I have nothing to complain about - life is good. :D

Im waiting for Kanye to interrupt the hurricane.... "Hold up Irene, Imma let you finish. but Katrina was the greatest hurricane of all time".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back