PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: How is everyone doing during this storm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Power's flickering here in New Hampshire, and it's obviously windy and rainy, but so far so good. I've been watching the news this morning and it seems like some areas made out better than others. So I wanted to check in with everyone to see how everyone is doing.

Anyone have any major issues?

Last edited:
Fingers crossed for ya.
Doing well here on the north shore.

Last edited:
No issues in central MA...some back roads have some huge branches on them..but still have power and satellite. Rain is about over now

Rain is over here in CT, and there's a little wind. Some minor water in the basement, but other areas down in the valley are under 4-5 feet of water apparently.

Overall, I'd say this was fairly overblown, at least for us inlanders.

Still have power and everything.

Last edited:
Good to hear. Saw some images this morning of downed trees that took out some cars, etc. I'm guessing there's probably a few who aren't posting this morning that likely made out worse than we did. From what I've seen there's 1-million+ without power farther south, so hopefully our fans who live down in the southern part of the east coast are all OK.

A bit of leakage into the basement/laundry room in Staten Island, but I'm out here in Los Angeles, feeling a little guilty, and praying the worst of it is over for my wife back home and the rest of you back East. Thanks for asking, Ian.

A bit of leakage into the basement/laundry room in Staten Island, but I'm out here in Los Angeles, feeling a little guilty, and praying the worst of it is over for my wife back home and the rest of you back East. Thanks for asking, Ian.

Hope everything works out O.K. New York seems to have gotten hit fairly hard, especially on the coast. I saw footage this morning of Coney Island and the boardwalk is a mess :bricks:

not too bad here in NYC. definitely overblown predictions, although my in-laws house got hit by a tree.

not too bad here in NYC. definitely overblown predictions, although my in-laws house got hit by a tree.

That sucks, how bad was the damage?

doing well out by Worcester. Lost power for a while, back on now. Storm much less severe than we were led to believe - that ice storm we got a few years ago was much much worse than this.

Hope everyone is and stays ok!

I live in Goffstown, just outside of Manchester. Havent lost power thank god. I've lost it from the wind in past years.

I live in Goffstown, just outside of Manchester. Havent lost power thank god. I've lost it from the wind in past years.

Mine keeps cutting in and out. Just lost it two minutes ago for like 30 seconds, and now it's back on again. We keep getting high gusts of wind, and then it just dies down again. Hopefully it stays on. If I vanish for a bit - you'll know why :cool:

Last edited:
Lost power a couple of times, but not for long

Had a tree top snap off and do a very, very small amount of damage to the backyard deck

Some minor damage to my garden, although it's too soon to tell if any plants have been lost

Other than that, it's just small branches and leaves that will need to be raked

Everything is fine here, the neighbor kids decided to use our hot tub last night and woke us up about 12:30, They quited things down after I asked them to, Had to scold them for bringing glass in to the tub.

All in all dodged another bullet.

Hope all is well for my East Coast neighbors.

Messages of support and good luck from Ireland.

Hope everyone is safe and damage and casualties are kept to a minimum

Here in New Brunwick were getting lots heavy rain so it seems like Irene is passing us by for the most part. It seems like every day this week on the radio, the weather people were changing there mind as to how bad we would get hit here. I hope all it well for everybody on the East Coast.

Here in New Brunwick were getting lots heavy rain so it seems like Irene is passing us by for the most part. It seems like every day this week on the radio, the weather people were changing there mind as to how bad we would get hit here. I hope all it well for everybody on the East Coast.

My lasting memory of CBC New Brunswick's weather coverage was from a storm in 2000(?) when they predicted 10-15cm all the way until that much fell within the first three hours. Even then, they clung onto it when there was 30cm, and it wasn't until there were 40-50cm that they boldly proclaimed a potential 40cm of snow. I know it's hard to predict stuff with the Bay of Fundy and the Cumberland Strait and what not, but it was horrible.

Not too bad here in Cambridge -- if that was it. No levitating lawn furniture or flying houses landing on wicked witches.

The South Shore didn't get hit bad. Some decent gusts of wind, but much less rain than was forecast. We had a storm in the spring with higher winds and more rain than this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back