PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Gregg Williams accused of having spy in another team's camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-williams-told-me-he-had-a-training-camp-spy/

o_O

“Sometimes in training camp, you’ll have a high school coach or someone help out,” (Rob) Johnson told the Buffalo News. “And Gregg Williams told me he had a coach in our training camp who knew all of our plays and all of our blocking schemes. We beat ‘em — karma — but he had someone in our training camp get all of our plays. It’s crazy. I’ve never heard of anything like that. I was sore for like three weeks after that game. I hope it doesn’t get him in trouble. He can just deny it and say I made it up. I was pissed. I said, ‘Gregg, that sucks.’ They knocked me out.”​

Find this hard to believe, Greg Williams isn't on the Patriots staff or is this another make-up call by the owners?

"It is more probable than not" that Goodell will decide that this did not compromise the integrity of the game or tarnish the "shield"..

Nothing to see here folks, move along.

"Gamesmanship", amirite?

I would expect teams to do this. Shows what a sad sack, ****sy league of whiners Roger has created.

This Gregg is quite a cat.

For these guys, if you don't have any evidence you should really stfu.

For these guys, if you don't have any evidence you should really stfu.
Evidence? We don't need no stinkin' evidence!

upload_2015-10-11_20-17-57.jpeg
images

I would expect teams to do this. Shows what a sad sack, ****sy league of whiners Roger has created.

Along those lines, I was watching an old tape of a college football game from the early-mid 90s (it passes time on the treadmill) and the topic at halftime was teams running up the score. I'm pretty sure Florida State was the culprit because they put 50 points on an overmatched opponent.

It was a serious discussion by the halftime crew with questions like Should it happen? How can you avoid it? How does it impact the losing team? What responsibility does the winning coach have? And so on.

20 years later, it's not uncommon to see scores like 70-7 or 66-3, but you don't hear the complaining about running up the score anymore. No one really has an issue if some 18-24 year olds on scholarship from a directional North Dakota or Louisiana school lose by 8 TDs to guys who are the same age, but are some of the elite players in the country. Strangely, you do still hear the "running up the score" talk if a team of highly compensated professionals loses by 40+ points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back