PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Dolphins trade WR Greg Camarillo to the Vikings

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have to say, your handle rocks, The Brandon Five. :D

Last edited:
They're really high on Hartline (rightfully so) so this kind of makes sense to anyone familiar with the Fish. Camarillo will help while Rice is out and will really help to improve the Viqueens' receiving corps once he is back.

good move by the Vikings brett favre, will make him look like a all pro

this is kind of a WTF move by the dolphins. they alredy have a realy good slot WR in Davone Bess, but i don't see how Benny Sapp, makes them a better team so what did they get in this trade ?

The Dolphins are making a mistake AGAIN IMO,Greg is a poor mans Wes Welker type player when healthy.

Camarillo averaged nearly 600 yards in the past two seasons...Can't understand why he would not make an outstanding 3rd receiver in Miami

Receiver needy Vikings acquire Greg Camarillo - NFL- nbcsports.msnbc.com

WOW. :eek:

I concur with you COMPLETELY. Camarillo is a classic SCRAPPER, one of those guys who does the dirty work, doesn't complain, is always there when you need him most, and is absolutely ESSENTIAL to building a Championship Foundation.

And NOBODY understands that better than Parcells. :confused:

Not to mention if Favre had know that Rice was lost and Harvin could be doubtful/migraine most of the season and he'd be relying on dropsie the RB who btw is pissed about his own lack of contract extension (some think Rice opted for surgery now because Brett got all their $$$) I'm not sure the three amigos could have talked Brett (who is apparently nursing yet another excuse...I mean bone spur in that ankle) off the farm... The situation in the twin cities could get ugly in a hurry.

From your KeyBoard to the Gods' ears.

I REJOICE at the return of BackStabber Brett, in the hope that his career will end with even GREATER Public Humiliation than his two recently gift-wrapped Free Passes to The Super Bowl.

good move by the Vikings brett favre, will make him look like a all pro

this is kind of a WTF move by the dolphins. they alredy have a realy good slot WR in Davone Bess, but i don't see how Benny Sapp, makes them a better team so what did they get in this trade ?

Obvilously Parcells is more concerned and alarmed by the lack of depth and experience in his secondary causing him to make such a drastic move - But I could have seen at least half the teams in the league willing to give up an average corner to get an above average WR with a bright future....they should have waited for more offers.

Obvilously Parcells is more concerned and alarmed by the lack of depth and experience in his secondary causing him to make such a drastic move - But I could have seen at least half the teams in the league willing to give up an average corner to get an above average WR with a bright future....they should have waited for more offers.

Yeah. That is, perhaps, the most interesting part of all of this. Why did Miami pull the trigger on this deal so quickly? It seems to me that the NFL's senior grocery Shopper would have held out for a better selection of groceries than what he got.

Ah well. Week one is going to be VERY interesting to watch. :D

Camarillo is what he is at this point. Bess is better than him anyway. They are probably happy with the starting trio of Marshall, Hartline and Bess and will take a flier on Patrick Turner as he has all the physical tools.

This trade was a rare win for both sides

I fail to see what Camarillos "Bright future" is. Remember he has a serious knee injury in 08. He's a 500-600 yard a year wr. Not a big loss.

Last edited:
Camarillo is what he is at this point. Bess is better than him anyway. They are probably happy with the starting trio of Marshall, Hartline and Bess and will take a flier on Patrick Turner as he has all the physical tools.

This trade was a rare win for both sides

I fail to see what Camarillos "Bright future" is. Remember he has a serious knee injury in 08. He's a 500-600 yard a year wr. Not a big loss.

Thats what Miami said about Welker - in fact in the previous 2 seasons before joining his new team, Welker has VERY similar stats to that of Camarillo

Remember Welker,like Camarillo really had nothing to speak of at QB yet still produced decent numbers but not great.

Favre can be the guy to get him to the next level like Welker was when Brady was his QB.

Maybe Welker's 83 can rub off on this 83 :)

Last edited:
Thats what Miami said about Welker - in fact in the previous 2 seasons before joining his new team, Welker has VERY similar stats to that of Camarillo

Remember Welker,like Camarillo really had nothing to speak of at QB yet still produced decent numbers but not great.

Favre can be the guy to get him to the next level like Welker was when Brady was his QB.

Maybe Welker's 83 can rub off on this 83 :)

True dat. Very well put. :cool:

Huh? If by great, you meant serviceable, I'd agree with you.

Camarillo was becoming their version of Wes Welker prior to his injury. Last year he was recovering from that..

Camarillo is going to be very good for the Vikings..

i agree if they shoped Camarillo, a lil more they may have been able to get a better DB but i guess they like Sapp,

They're really high on Hartline (rightfully so) so this kind of makes sense to anyone familiar with the Fish. Camarillo will help while Rice is out and will really help to improve the Viqueens' receiving corps once he is back.
It makes sense for the Dolphins to make that move if they are happy with Hartline. That said you can never have enough depth, especially quality.

I have to wonder if something is up with Camarilo that we don't know about. I can understand if they are confident in the Marshall/Bess/Hartline group, but talk about undervalue, Benny Sapp? That's a #4 corner. Camarillo isn't worth more than a #4 corner?

Seems like a fool move. Why do you not want to keep a talented young WR, comfortable with the system, especially at a time when you're trying to groom a young QB? Why not draft a corner in round 4 - 5? What has Benny Sapp ever done?

Vikings, on the other hand, might be throwing out Rice, Harvin, Berrian and Camarillo in December and January. Nice group.

Not to mention if Favre had know that Rice was lost and Harvin could be doubtful/migraine most of the season and he'd be relying on dropsie the RB who btw is pissed about his own lack of contract extension (some think Rice opted for surgery now because Brett got all their $$$) I'm not sure the three amigos could have talked Brett (who is apparently nursing yet another excuse...I mean bone spur in that ankle) off the farm... The situation in the twin cities could get ugly in a hurry.

How dare you belittle Lord Favre's good name! :eek:

The media will have your head on a platter for typing that! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk