PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Dexter Reid Arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.

DefenseRules

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL
Free agent DB Dexter Reid was arrested on gun and drug charges Sunday after being pulled over on suspicion of drunken driving

Reid won a Super Bowl ring in New England and Indianapolis, but he's a marginal player this could keep him out of the NFL for good.

PFT has a little more detail
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm
REID BUSTED ON GUN, POT CHARGES

Free-agent cornerback Dexter Reid, who played for the Colts in Super Bowl XLI, was arrested Sunday on charges of gun possession and marijuana possession, according to the Virginian-Pilot and other media outlets. The weapons charge is a misdemeanor, and the drug charge is a felony.

Reid was stopped Sunday on suspicion of DUI. Police then found a handgun and marijuana in his vehicle.

He told police that he is unemployed, which technically is true. The Colts cut him after the 2006 season ended. And as soon as he is employed again by an NFL team, said franchise will earn 10 points in Turd Watch -- if the charges are still pending at the time he inks a contract.

The former North Carolina product spent 2004 with the Patriots and 2005 with the Colts. He was cut by Indy during the 2006 season, but later re-signed with the team.

Last edited:
I could see the big bad NFL making an example of a Dexter Reid. After all,he's marginal as stated above. God forbid they had the guts to do it to a all-pro. The world works funny that way.

The way he backstabbed the Patriots with badmouthing the team once he was gone,he could rot in a cell for all I care..He sucks anyway..Who cares?

Whoever said I did care. I do agree with one thing, he sucks.

Heard he's changing his name to 'Dexter Weed' :D

The more disgusting thing about Reid is the fact he is sporting 2 rings! It is sad to know this deadbeat hack of a football player got a pair of them when there were many greats (football AND character) that never did.

Marginal late-Sunday/UDFA prospect, horrible draft choice. To think that we could've had RBs Mewelde Moore or Michael Turner, or WRs Ernest Wilford or DJ Hackett. The 2004 draft is one of the reasons why our young, quality depth at LB and DB is shyte.

Both will be on Ebay in a few years.

Bank on it.

What amazes me as much as how many laws NFL players seem to break, is how often routine traffic stops or stops for "suspicion of..." hunches that don't pan out turn into full searches that turn up things like a bag of weed and an illegally concealed weapon.

Why are the gun charges the misdemeanor and the pot a felony?

Why are the gun charges the misdemeanor and the pot a felony?

Probably because of the 2nd amendment federally and possession with intent to distribute...

It doesn't say there was an intent to distribute. In Virginia regular possession and intent to distribute can each be charged as a misdemeanor or as a felony, so the fact that the drug possession is a felony charge tells us nothing.

Reid is being charged with a felonious drug possession most likely because Virginia has a law making it a felony to carry firearms while simultaneously being in possession of illegal substances. Many states seem to have this kind of law.

On a separate note, I think its a shame he's being hit with a felony. I could care less about the marijuana and unlawful CCW should just be a misdemeanor when the suspect is not a threat.

I could see the big bad NFL making an example of a Dexter Reid. After all,he's marginal as stated above. God forbid they had the guts to do it to a all-pro. The world works funny that way.

As in what happened (or didn't happen) to D Rhodes:
POSTED 3:45 p.m. EDT, March 21, 2007

POPPIE CATCHES A BREAK

Raiders running back Dominic "Poppie" Rhodes has pleaded guilty to reckless driving. In exchange, DUI charges against him have been dropped.

Tests showed that Rhodes had a 0.09 percent blood-alcohol concentration when he was arrested last month. The legal limit is 0.08.

Despite an apparent open-and-shut case, prosecutors opted to permit the plea to the lesser deal because the number was just above the legal limit, and because of "evidence problems."

Rhodes was fined $1,000, and was ordered to pay restitution and court costs. We're not sure how restitution would apply to a case of reckless driving; maybe they had to replace the cushion in the cruiser after Rhodes (allegedly) peed all over himself.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2807151
The link gives the details

Last edited:
The more disgusting thing about Reid is the fact he is sporting 2 rings! It is sad to know this deadbeat hack of a football player got a pair of them when there were many greats (football AND character) that never did.
Yeah, but so what? It's not like he's going to get to go on the Tonight Show and show them off or anything. Everyone who follows football knows he was just a marginal player on both Super Bowl teams.

Who was the former Patriot bit player who tried to sell one of his rings on eBay? I could see someone like Reid doing something like that after his career is over (which it might be already.)

My lasting memory of Dexter Reid is him getting totally burned on the last TD in the Superbowl vs. the Eagles, thereby allowing them to stay in the game. I hope he gets out of his legal troubles. You think these high priced NFL players could get a lawyer who would tell them, "If you are pulled over by the police, do not allow a voluntary search of your vehicle under any circumstances." He obviously wasn't drunk and if he had refused a search the cop probably would have had to let him go. A dope on many levels (besides carrying pot and a gun around at 4:00 in the morning).

Reid is a buffoon.

I knew that when he talked smack against the Pats after the SB.

Last edited:
You think these high priced NFL players could get a lawyer who would tell them, "If you are pulled over by the police, do not allow a voluntary search of your vehicle under any circumstances." He obviously wasn't drunk and if he had refused a search the cop probably would have had to let him go.

Clearly you have never been pulled by a policeman and asked if he/she can search your car. You really can't refuse. If you refuse, they'll suspect you right away and quickly "find" some probable cause (like that suddenly smashed tailight :)).

It doesn't say there was an intent to distribute. In Virginia regular possession and intent to distribute can each be charged as a misdemeanor or as a felony, so the fact that the drug possession is a felony charge tells us nothing.

Reid is being charged with a felonious drug possession most likely because Virginia has a law making it a felony to carry firearms while simultaneously being in possession of illegal substances. Many states seem to have this kind of law.

On a separate note, I think its a shame he's being hit with a felony. I could care less about the marijuana and unlawful CCW should just be a misdemeanor when the suspect is not a threat.

It just seems odd. I've never seen anyone shot with pot. I guess that's why I'm not a law maker.

It just seems odd. I've never seen anyone shot with pot. I guess that's why I'm not a law maker.
You make it sound like you've seen a lot of people shot. :D

Reid was the one talking **** about the Pats FO about them not paying their players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents