PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Braylon Edwards to the Jets for 2 players, third (cond. second), fifth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OT: Braylon Edwards to the Jets for 2 players, third, fifth

Ferguson has developed into an outstanding LT. You need to pay better attention

He's good, but outstanding? You're either blind or deluded if you think that. For starters, he's already surrendered 3 sacks in 4 games.

Last edited:

Actually the Chris Chambers trade didn't work out all that well for the Chargers. The guy was traded after game 6 and in his last 10 games with the Chargers he had 554 yards and 4 TDs. That season he only had two games where he had more than 71 yards (90 and 93 respectively). Not horrible numbers, but not great numbers either. Last year he was held to 462 yards and 5 TDs in 14 games. If Edwards produces like Chambers did in San Deigo, I am not worried at all. Jets fans won't be happy though.

That's exactly what I was saying. Chambers didn't even come close to fulfilling expectations- he was pretty good, and definitely made their offense better, but not by the leaps and bounds that everyone was working themselves into a frenzy predicting.

Great deal - for the Pats.

I've lived in Cleveland since long before Edwards was drafted and his departure left everyone here with big smiles on their faces. The local radio and newspaper guys were calling for his outright release even before this latest incident.

Edwards would now and then make a great highlight catch, but more often than not, his 3rd down wide open drops would be drive killers. He is a complete headcase and was totally paranoid because all the fans in Cleveland hated him so much.

Mangini drafted two second round receivers and will be able to give them both more playing time now that this big turd is gone.

Let Edwards play in NY. They'll love him there ;) and so will all us Pats fans. :D

He's good, but outstanding? You're either blind or deluded if you think that. For starters, he's already surrendered 3 sacks in 4 games.

2 sacks in 4 games...if that. The one last weekend with a 3 man overload all coming towards him is a little tough to block....unless you jump horizontally and try to clothesline all 3...but I think that's a little tough, and not allowed.

He's not outstanding. Outstanding LTs need to be great run and pass blockers. He's a great protector, but there are TEs who run block better than he does. He's better than Kaczur though, that d*ck.

On the Edwards trade. I'm in wait and see mode. Moss didn't do much in Oakland and look at him now.....

Last edited:

2 sacks in 4 games...if that. The one last weekend with a 3 man overload all coming towards him is a little tough to block....unless you jump horizontally and try to clothesline all 3...but I think that's a little tough, and not allowed.

He's not outstanding. Outstanding LTs need to be great run and pass blockers. He's a great protector, but there are TEs who run block better than he does. He's better than Kaczur though, that d*ck.

He's definitely better than Kaczur, and better than Light too- my assessment of him is pretty much the same as yours, it sounds like, although I wouldn't rate him as an elite pass protector either. He's very good, and certainly not a disappointment for his draft spot.

Last edited:

On the Edwards trade. I'm in wait and see mode. Moss didn't do much in Oakland and look at him now.....

He's not better than Kaczur or Light. He'd be the #3 tackle on this team, and it would be a distant #3. This is despite the fact that he was the 4th overall pick in the draft.

Too bad the Jets took the great Vernon Gholston instead of Ryan Clady. Oh well. HAHAHA :D

Every Jets fan I know is dismayed about the deal, thinking Stuckey was better than Edwards, let alone two picks and another player and a huge contract. And the Browns couldn't wait to get rid of Edwards. The Browns. Take that for what it's worth.

your friends are idiots.

If Ben Watson's dropped catches pissed you off at all during the past season, magnify that by 5 times. That's a Braylon Edwards.

Perhaps a good point.
DW Toys

He's not better than Kaczur or Light. He'd be the #3 tackle on this team, and it would be a distant #3. This is despite the fact that he was the 4th overall pick in the draft.

Did someone slip some KoolAid into your nightcap when you weren't looking?

'Cause I would take Ferguson ahead of Light any day of the week, and twice on GameDays.

'Cause I would take Ferguson ahead of Light any day of the week, and twice on GameDays.

I don't think Ferguson is an "elite" LT, and I don't think he has lived up to being the #4 pick in the 2006 draft. But he is very good, and I would take him over Matt Light in a heartbeat.

I don't think Ferguson is an "elite" LT, and I don't think he has lived up to being the #4 pick in the 2006 draft. But he is very good, and I would take him over Matt Light in a heartbeat.

I don't think there are two players on the Pat's that are more invigorating to a discussion than Maroney and Light....although Maroney is starting to be a done discussion since even his previous defenders are finding it hard to defend his play...but Light....

Look...the Pat's throw a lot and that puts a lot of pressure on Light to defend Brady's blind side....and he usually does a good job of it. Yes....everybody saw him get blown by on the Raven sack/strip/TD, and that stuff always sticks out. But Light did a pretty solid job the rest of the game and he does a solid job most of time. He isn't an Orlando Pace in his prime...few are. Light is far better than the minimal credit he gets around here sometimes...and yes...I was screaming at him from my recliner on Sunday on the mentioned play....but....I also appreciate/defend his play as being pretty damn good. I'm glad the Pats have him.

Would I trade him for Ferguson....no freaking way. That is definitely not a trade up for the Pats. The Jesters overpaid for what they got there. I'm sorry to any Jester fans or Pat's haters....but I like our OL pretty darn just like it is. I would just like to see the coaches let them run block a bit more....kinda like against the Ravens all the time.

Look...the Pat's throw a lot and that puts a lot of pressure on Light to defend Brady's blind side....and he usually does a good job of it. Yes....everybody saw him get blown by on the Raven sack/strip/TD, and that stuff always sticks out. But Light did a pretty solid job the rest of the game and he does a solid job most of time. He isn't an Orlando Pace in his prime...few are. Light is far better than the minimal credit he gets around here sometimes...and yes...I was screaming at him from my recliner on Sunday on the mentioned play....but....I also appreciate/defend his play as being pretty damn good. I'm glad the Pats have him.

Would I trade him for Ferguson....no freaking way. That is definitely not a trade up for the Pats. The Jesters overpaid for what they got there. I'm sorry to any Jester fans or Pat's haters....but I like our OL pretty darn just like it is. I would just like to see the coaches let them run block a bit more....kinda like against the Ravens all the time.

Respectfully disagree. Like Mayo says, Ferguson is not an elite, 1st-team/Ryan Clady All-Pro...or 2nd-team/Michael Roos All-Pro, either. But there is no way whatsoever that I don't take him ahead of the deteriorating Matt Light.

Thank you for not being a homer and telling it like it is!

Re: OT- Braylon Edwards to the Jets...

Tannenbaum is not a joke. He has put together a pretty good team. I would
suggest that the Jets are one of the top teams in the AFC and, barring injuries,
will be 'there' at the end of the season.

Agreed. As much as it pains me to admit it, Tanny has done a great job in drafting and building a solid foundation for the Jets. Sprinkle in some solid vets, and good coaching, they are where they are this season because of it.

Re: OT- Braylon Edwards to the Jets...

Agreed. As much as it pains me to admit it, Tanny has done a great job in drafting and building a solid foundation for the Jets. Sprinkle in some solid vets, and good coaching, they are where they are this season because of it.

Wow some football fans who speak rationally no matter how much they hate the opposition. A rarity in any football forum...

Oh and that Dirty Sanchez avatar is hysterical

3-1* caught cheating/tampering, and not for the first time, either.

Thank you for not being a homer and telling it like it is!

heh...yeah, like YOU are not a gagging little girl homer in love with "Sanchize"...so far he's been Sanagle,as in Browning Sanagle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents