PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Brandon Marshall to Miami for 2010 2nd and 2011 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.
This hurts in 2 different ways. First, now we have Brandon Marshall, one of the Top 5 WR's in the league, in our division and we have to see him twice a year. Second, now we have Denver, another 3-4 team that just moved ahead of us in the second round. Im holding off on hitting the panic button right now but if we don't do something amazing in the draft we might be in some serious serious trouble.

Last edited:
Other than the NFC east, is the AFC east the best divison in football? Only the Bills let it down

The offense could of been vintage 07 with that beast.
You mean the one that choked in the SB?

Pats are clearly 3rd in the division now. Thats fine. Everyone has their time. I've already accepted it.

This hurts in 2 different ways. First, now we have Brandon Marshall, one of the Top 5 WR's in the league, in our division and we have to see him twice a year. Second, now we have Denver, another 3-4 team that just moved ahead of us in the second round. I holding off on hitting the panic button right now but if we don't do something amazing in the draft we might be in some serious serious trouble.

You do realize that Miami is a 3-4 team with just as many defensive needs as the Broncos? Miami has needs at OLB, DE, safety, and NT. I don't see Denver getting the pick as anything more than a wash in terms of competition for 3-4 defensive players.

Where it may hurt is that it definitely takes Miami out of the Dez Bryant sweepstakes (most people have them taking a defensive player with their first pick anyway though).

I guess there's no need for some of you to watch this year now...

why? Because we think the Jets and Phins have made off season additions then the Pats. The nerve of us. I guess I was wrong. Crumpler, Pattern, Lewis and Murrell are the missing links.

Just when I thought the Patriots were going to bridge the gap between the Jets by obtaining Marshall............. Josh has one upped the Pats one more time! Division rivals improve while ancient New England lay dormant swimming in draft pics.

:yawn2: :ugh:

Just when I thought the Patriots were going to bridge the gap between the Jets by obtaining Marshall............. Josh has one upped the Pats one more time! Division rivals improve while ancient New England lay dormant swimming in draft pics.

I don't know about that, but it would be intersting to know what kind of terms BB and McDaniels are on now. Seems to me like they haven't exactly remained best pals since Josh left. I don't read the Globe, ProJo, etc a lot so I don't know what kind of things (if any) they've said about each other after Josh moved on to bigger and better things.

Anyway, I HATE the idea of Marshall in a Dolphins uniform. Still not so worried about the Jets so much, but gameplanning for the Dolphins w/ Brandon Marshall is like night and day to gameplanning to stop a receiver corps led by Ted Ginn Jr.

Obviously Dolphins got a lot better today, and the Pats are now REALLY looking indifferent in the off-season so far.

Other than the NFC east, is the AFC east the best divison in football? Only the Bills let it down

Until I see otherwise, I would say the AFC North and NFC North are better divisions than the AFC East. I still see Miami as a 7-9 to 9-7 team like they were last year.

Last edited:

Pats are clearly 3rd in the division now. Thats fine. Everyone has their time. I've already accepted it.

No, the one that went 16 and 0 while blowing out teams like they were in the AFl. Third in the division isn't going to cut. Not with those ticket prices.

Last edited:
I don't know about that, but it would be intersting to know what kind of terms BB and McDaniels are on now. Seems to me like they haven't exactly remained best pals since Josh left. I don't read the Globe, ProJo, etc a lot so I don't know what kind of things (if any) they've said about each other after Josh moved on to bigger and better things.

Anyway, I HATE the idea of Marshall in a Dolphins uniform. Still not so worried about the Jets so much, but gameplanning for the Dolphins w/ Brandon Marshall is like night and day to gameplanning to stop a receiver corps led by Ted Ginn Jr.

Obviously Dolphins got a lot better today, and the Pats are now REALLY looking indifferent in the off-season so far.

The Dolphins' offense is better, but their defense is worse. I don't know if the addition of Marshall will offset that. He will definitely make Henne better, but I don't think Marshall is the difference between making them a 7-9 team last year to a division winner this year.

Here is Miami's starting defense right now (as best I can figure it out):

DE: Randy Starks
NT: Tony McDaniels
DE: Kendall Langford
OLB: Cameron Wake
ILB: Dansby
ILB: Crowder
OLB: Quentin Moses
CB: Vonte Davis
FS: Chris Clemons
SS: Yerimiah Bell
CB: Sean Smith

Last edited:
That's a good move for the Dolphins.

Henne looked pretty good against us and his main guy was Davone Bess. Adding Marshall's going to make things extremely difficult especially if our pass rush isn't fixed.

The one thing Miami has really impressed me with since Parcells and Sparano took over is that they're always well coached. It's easy to assume that they're going to get the most out of Brandon and effectively add him into their already unpredictable offense.

Please tell me why the Patriots are CLEARLY 3rd in the division. Emphasize the clearly if you could. I'd like a complete roster and coaching analysis if you have the time.

Great move for Denver and great move for the Dolphins. There's been some equitable value in trades this off-season. I'm looking forward to the Patriots moves in the coming weeks. Nothing like a challenge to bring out the best in you.

Last edited:
fcuk fcuk fcuk fcuk fcuk fcuk fcuk fcuk

:bricks:

Until I see otherwise, I would say the AFC North and NFC North are better divisions than the AFC East. I still see Miami as a 7-9 to 9-7 team like they were last year.

I would say the AFC North and AFC east are pretty close, Pit and Bal are really good but in till Palmer gets any where near his best the Bengals won't win a playoff game... the Browns are like their version of the Bills.

But NFC North? Really?? They have 2 good teams, one that is building something that will be good in a few years (detriot) and IMO a real mess in chicago

Please tell me why the Patriots are 3rd in the division. I'd like a complete roster and coaching analysis if you have the time.

Miami

QB-Hene<<<<<<Brady

Receivers-Brandon>>>>>>>>Moss

RB-Williams and Brown>>>>>>Taylor and Maroney

Our defense is better, only because of the pieces the Dolphins will lose, IE Taylor. Without Welker the gap is closed.

Jets-isn't it obvious?

Last edited:
Sitting pretty with 4 top 53 picks in a very deep draft is not a bad place to be.
calm down chicken littles.......

So we can land the next great Receiver to our arsenal, in RD 2, just like um Bethel Johnson, Chad Jackson, or get us another rental TE who can run 4.3 40 but will never be used, Ben Watson....or get another LoMo RB clone....or find the next stout DL like um Marquise Hill, Ron Brace. Yea, those Rd 1-2 picks last few years have really panned out well !

Better yet, Pats can trade the 2 Rd's for a 2012 Rd #1 pick, and then in 2012 can trade that Rd #1 for 2 Rd 2's in 2013.

Yawn......Obviously the "Win Now" mentality has left Foxboro FO, and in 3 yrs so will the fans once Brady and crew are history.

No, the one that went 16 and 0 while blowing out teams like they were in the AFl. Third in the division isn't going to cut. Not with those ticket prices.
I don't know if you're being serious but 07 isn't happening again, ever.

I don't know if you're being serious but 07 isn't happening again, ever.

Listen, Brandon Marshall could of done it. Look at his production. They double, triple cover him and he still can't be stopped. With a bum throwing him the ball.

Please tell me why the Patriots are CLEARLY 3rd in the division. Emphasize the clearly if you could. I'd like a complete roster and coaching analysis if you have the time.
Pats have 0 pass rush in a WR loaded up division and their offense is in shambles as well. Maybe I'm wrong and the Pats have a SB contending team, but I just can't see it right now.

That's quite a bit to give up for a basket-case who will supposedly be signing one of the biggest contracts ever given to a receiver.

It's a decent move so long as they keep him in line, which will be tough. And those picks will be a loss, especially this year's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back