PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Best looking jerseys in the NFL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about the ones that the Houston Texans Cheerleaders wear?

Oh come on, how can the Colts' uniforms be considered "average" by anyone? First and foremost, they have no business wearing this uniform to begin with -- it belongs to a bygone era in Baltimore. Second, it's the plainest, most austere look in the league. You're just being a homer. The team should've been renamed after it was carpetbagged by the slimeball Irsays and moved west. Even Johnny Unitas and John Mellencamp disowned them.

I agree. First, the Colts unis are pitiful.
They are from an era past tense and are totally out of style with the days we now live in. Secondly, I agree that they should have re named themselves.
Teams like the Colts, Rams, Cardinals, etc. that retain the same name as they had in
the city they left are retaining the old image.
Give credit to the Titans for eventually dropping the name Oilers and changing to Tennessee
Titans.
If the Patriots ever moved out of NewEngland to, let's say, Sioux Falls South
Dakota, the name Sioux Falls Patriots would just look wrong.
However, if the Washington Redskins were to move there, the name would probably fit. :D

Last edited:
Faves:

1. Pats away uni (I love the white jersey w/the blue pants and the striped socks. I think they look sharp.)

2. Cowboys (Have always loved their logo and colors)

3. Old School Broncos

Least Faves:

1. Ravens

2. Seahawks

3. Packers (Those yellow pants creep me out.)

This is the worst list ive ever seen. Patriot jerseys are soooo plain and original. Colts are ok, kinda like the Cowboys though..Throughbacks dont count, they barely use them.

But heres my list:

BEST
1. Giants
2. Chargers
3. Broncos
4. Eagles
5. Buccaneers

Average
1. Colts
2. Patriots
3. Cowboys

Worst
1. Jets
2. Steelers
3. Browns
4. Packers
5. Seahawks

Talk about bad taste... so you don't think the Giants jerseys are plain? its 1 color for the body, and 1 color for the numbers... for all of their jerseys, including the Throwbacks.

I don't know what throughbacks are.... maybe thats how they execute intercourse in Indy :D

If the Pats silver jerseys had more silver
shine to them, they would be awesome.

Last edited:
The new Giants road uniforms, the ones with the all-red numbers and lettering, are my least favorite uniforms in all of sports.

Hideous

i think it was widely acknowledged the chargers throwback's were the best

but now that they've gone to an alternative powder blue design, those aren't as highly thought of as the original powder blues

i like the ravens all black, just looks cool

i think it was widely acknowledged the chargers throwback's were the best

l
Acknowledged by whom?

Many people liked them, but many did not, also.

Acknowledged by whom? Just curious.

That being said, I must assume that a Packers/Steelers Super Bowl would creep you out even more? :D

I would be sick!

my top 2:

1 - Patriots throwbacks
2 - Bengals black and orange

Berman and the ESPN crowd love those uniforms.

The Bills throwbacks are my favorite. Their old "buffalo" logo is also my favorite because it translates very well onto shirts and sweatshirts. I have to admit I really like my Bills old school stuff.

One other factor to consider is how the uniform schemes project on attire for us fans. In Pittsburgh, the black jerseys do look good for fans. Not all jerseys project well. I was shocked at the Detroit game how bad Packers fans looked in Favre jerseys. Talk about the "Green Giant" look.

As Pats fans, we have an excellent selection of gear to choose from without looking like ******s.

I give a pass to color schemes that are at least consistent with the team name.

Bears should be black, ditto Ravens (purple though?) and Falcons.
Patriots shoud be red, white, and blue (unis look great anyway)
Bengals (tigers) should be orange and black (their unis used to be thought of as ugly)
Raiders: the silver/black Pirates logo fits great
Dophins should be aqua.

nonsense:
Did you ever see a blue or orange horse (Colts, Broncos)?
Does powder blue strike you as manly enough for a Titan?

Ok, here are some interesting uniform origin tidbits for you folks. In the 1950's TV era, uniform striping on professional jerseys were based on region and university design. For example, eastern teams (Giants, Eagles, Redskins) had no stripes on their sleeves. The only switch were the Giants road which sported the Northwestern stripes they currently wear. Teams in the Central (Cleveland, Detroit Pittsburgh, Green Bay, Chicago) all wore variations of what is known as Northwestern striping (named after the University). One thin stripe followed by one thick stripe followed by one thin stripe. Cleveland which came out of the AAFC just wore three brown stripes surrounding the orange stripes. GB had white in the middle of theirs while Pittsburgh, and Detroit just had he jersey color in between. Chicago maintained their three stripe pattern from the 1920's. In the west The Colts (thats right) and the 49ers both used what is known as the UCLA stripe that was worn by western colleges at the time. The 49ers switched to the three striope look in 1963. The Rams actually wore the UCLA stripe on their road white jersey while using the Northwestern striping on their blue home and alternative gold jerseys. Remember, the Rams came from Cleveland so they kept the midwest striping.

Fast forward to the 1960's. The numbers that appear on the shoulders and sleeves were called TV numbers so the spotters an fans could see them clearly. Also, except for the Cowboys, Colts, Browns and Rams, all teams wore their dark jerseys at home and their whites on the road. (The league mandated that the Cowboys wear their blue jerseys for Super Bowl V, a mandate that has since been changed). Monochrome looks were against the uniform policy with the exception of ONE game the Vikings wore purple on purple. (And they changed to that look at the half).

The interesting thing is since the adaptation of all the new looks, the design of the jersey which was simplistic in most cases for easy television viewing has now morphed into putting as many colors and number shadowing as possible. This was to satisfy the growing retail boom where wearing jerseys was fashionable and marketing them became shrewd business for teams. Unseen on television were 5 lines of shadows on the Ravens 1996 jersey (Gold, black white, purple, gold then jersey number. The Miami Heat held the record with 6.

That would explain why such nice traditional jerseys as the Broncos orange and the 49ers red were discarded for drop shadows, and Navy with Nike swooshes.

Here endedth the lesson.

Next week: Facemasks

I understand its a pats site but how can the Bills Throwback Uniforms not make it on anyones BEST list

I too like the Buffalo Blue and White throwbacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST