PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: All Or Nothing - A Season With the Dallas Cowboys

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbobbo

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
on amazon prime. season 3 follows the 2017 season of the dallas cowboys. i just watched the first episode. some observations:
  • during the 2016 draft, it looks like the cowboys were trying hard to get paxton lynch and were thinking about trading picks to move back up in the first round. good for them that they weren't able to do it.
  • jason garrett has the reputation of being just a cheerleader (michael lombardi calls him "the clapper"), and the first episode does nothing to dispel that impression. he's really chummy with the players. he's always spouting cliches, whether during practice or during a game. there's a scene where he's doing a version of the bucket drill with prescott after practice. after the loss to the broncos in week 2, he defers to jerry jones to give the opening remarks to the team in the locker room.
  • during a WR meeting before the broncos game, WR coach derek dooley is saying how the broncos have good players on defense and a good scheme and says they're probably the best defense in the NFL. dez bryant starts complaining that he always praises the other (expletive) team, and says, "Why not we can't just go out there and beat the (expletive) out of them? Why can't we get words of (expletive) encouragement?" dooley actually says, "So how do you want me to phrase all of this? I appreciate your honesty. I'll be careful with my words...but I do acknowledge that these guys are good players." unbelievable.
  • during the RB meeting, the RB coaches and ezekiel elliott are watching film of von miller. elliott starts talking about how miller just got paid his big contract, and one of the assistant coaches mentions how miller bought a range rover for his outside LB coach after their super bowl win. RB coach gary brown says that he's just trying to get elliott a ring and a gold jacket. talk about a lack of focus.
  • during coaches game-planning and garrett's team meeting before the broncos game, there's a lot of self-praising--"if we do this, they can't stop us", "we're more physical than them", etc.
  • the cowboys lose to the broncos 42-17
  • during garrett's meeting with the front office after the win, he calls the loss a team loss and says that everyone has a piece of it, then proceeds to talk about how the team didn't execute, weren't physical, lost their composure and that some players gave up in the game. no mention (maybe they cut that part out) of any coaching deficiencies.
it's going to be interesting to see how the elliott suspension plays out and whether they focus at all on jones' war with goodell.

i hear you. i don't really follow any other NFL teams besides the patriots, but i always find it fascinating to watch how differently other teams are run.

Wrong fan forum, guy..

I could give two shyts about the cowgirls or their cadaverous owner.

Wrong fan forum, guy..

Holy **** guys. It's the beginning of slow season and there's been a thread here for every season of this show so far. Why not take this opportunity to watch a badly run team and see what we have to be thankful for?

Nothing.

Holy **** guys. It's the beginning of slow season and there's been a thread here for every season of this show so far. Why not take this opportunity to watch a badly run team and see what we have to be thankful for?

seriously. we have multi-page threads about ryan shazier and the jags moving to london, and people are complaining about this one? o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back