PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Ads coming to NBA jerseys...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know who I would dislike more:
The league and owners for allowing this or the pharmaceutical and medical insurance companies who would actually fork over tons of money to advertise.
Screw you, Optum Health.

I don't fault finance guys the Wall Street types for being ruthlessly greedy. That's in their DNA.
I fault health care companies for acting like they care but value profits over people.
I cringe when I see GI medicine commercials aired during the Super Bowl or an OPTUM sign in the Gillette scoreboard. Those costs are dispersed to the other the patients. It just angers me.

• Agree
Reactions: PP2
Ads approved for NBA jerseys in 2017. Now the question is, will the NFL do it next? Fully expect it to happen. This crosses the line BIG time. Fans need to try to do something to try to not allow this to happen. I'll puke if the Patriots logo gets replaced with an ad on the helmet.

Look here: http://www.trbimg.com/img-55e87580/...-the-patriots-wont-cheat-for-a-while-20150903

See what's over the Patriots' logo on Tom's right shoulder? That's an advertisement. This is already a thing in the NFL.

Pat's Uni patch should have a circle around it with a line going across it as a BIG F U to goodell* league* & their sponsers. Only patch I want to see is SB 51 Champions.

Horrible news, and somewhat inevitable that the NFL will follow suit.

Soccer jerseys are ruined with logos, the ads are far more prominent than the team logo - which is disgusting.

I don't fault finance guys the Wall Street types for being ruthlessly greedy. That's in their DNA.
I fault health care companies for acting like they care but value profits over people.
I cringe when I see GI medicine commercials aired during the Super Bowl or an OPTUM sign in the Gillette scoreboard. Those costs are dispersed to the other the patients. It just angers me.
Watch,"The Big Short" yet?

Greed is good........to a point.

It's hard for me to dislike any of your posts with that signature. Julia Louis Dreyfus is ridiculously hot, even at 55 years old. She's also filthy rich so the slut in me gets turned on even more.

I might want to change my sig.....

I don't know who I would dislike more:
The league and owners for allowing this or the pharmaceutical and medical insurance companies who would actually fork over tons of money to advertise.
Screw you, Optum Health.

Yeah, right. I wanted one of the darker blue "practice" jerseys awhile back (probably quite some time ago, actually), and now they just look stupid with the ad patch on them.

I can't imagine why anyone would want this on their real, game day jerseys.

That's great. More money for the owners. I'm confident it will trickle down to me and my family at some point.

Aren't they all, quite frankly, the same?

It's all about the bottom line, at the expense of everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes