PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Adrian Peterson arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
it amazes me how many close minded bigots there are on this board. i guess though, this is a mass forum, and there are very few decent humans living in this state, so i should not be surprised.

Although I share your low opinion for the Commonwealth..........bigots? What post did I miss?

Actually......... when you shove a cop......... you pretty much have sealed your fate. That's universal for black, white, brown, yellow, orange and any other color of the rainbow.

Generally, the bigger of a human specimen you are, generally a shorter leash given. The key to the whole article was that line where it said it took 3 cops to handcuff him. That pretty much throws the "just minding my own business and these guys started hassling me" defense right out the window.

That level of resistance is significant and your not getting off with a warning. Cops are a little prickly like that when it comes to their own safety.

First of all, I haven't said anything about this case, so I'm not entirely sure what your response has to do with my post.

Second, there are many cases where the cops go looking for confrontation. They carry the same biases, prejudices and shortcomings that every other human being does. Could Peterson have been 100% at fault here? sure. Could a Cop have gone in there assuming the narrative that Peterson is going to be a difficult thinks-he's-above-the-law athlete and instigated accordingly? I think it's entirely possible. It's also entirely possible that police in Houston don't go into a presumably black nightclub and clear everyone out (I've never been at a nightclub or bar where Cops actually came in and ushered everyone out) with the same level of discretion that they would in other situations, and treat patrons accordingly.

There's many things that nobody really knows about this, including how the plain clothed Cop identified himself. Yes, you "push" a cop (who then "stumbles" of course) and you will be arrested 100% of the time. Unfortunately the police in this country haven't earned the level of trust from me to where i just swallow their story whole without question. neither have drunk night club goers either for that matter. You and a few others for what ever reason seem to differ on this.

Lastly, I don't understand how you come to this conclusion:

The key to the whole article was that line where it said it took 3 cops to handcuff him. That pretty much throws the "just minding my own business and these guys started hassling me" defense right out the window.

I don't see the logic here at all, specifically what resisting has to do with minding one's own business.

Last edited:
Before we go speculating the "existing while black" and charges of racism, we should probably take the most probably and logical explication...

Anyone who follows police behavior can tell you that cops being the problem, and not the civilian, is something that happens with alarming frequency.

Last edited:
NFL defensive co-ordinators heading to Houston for lessons on how to stop AP!

it amazes me how many close minded bigots there are on this board. i guess though, this is a mass forum, and there are very few decent humans living in this state, so i should not be surprised.

I was born in Boston, but grew up in VT and NH, then lived in Mass again after college...and in my angry mid-twenties I shared your view, and used the term "M*ssholes" liberally.

Then I lived for a while in upstate NY. Then back in VT. Some time in Maine, then California, back to New England (where I fell in love, got married, kids..) and now in KY.

And there's one thing I've learned: There are a-holes, and there are great people, in every town in America.

(Rascism? Ya, it's everywhere, usually subtle, on all sides. Here in Kentucky they do a weird thing where they'll whisper the word "black" if they ever use it to describe someone. Worst I saw was in California, Bay area. I was once called "Jew Boy" and hassled all the way down the street by 3 black teens I barely looked at [I'm Irish/Italian]. My sister's Irish/Asian boyfriend, a postman in SF, wouldn't watch the NBA b/c he said there were "too many blacks". Lots of black/white tension all around and everyone seems secretly jealous of Asians and NO ONE likes the poor Mexicans, who were by far the sweetest and nicest people there!)

Sorry for the derailment, but my wife and kids are out of town and I'm bored! :yawn2: Next week I join them in good ol' New England, lobsters and steamers and...ok I'll shut up now.

I read on Twitter this morning that there was surveillance camera video showing a cop jumping Peterson as he headed towards the door.

Of course, I cannot find that particular Tweet now.

Like these two hooking up?

katy_w_elmo_xlarge.jpeg

Or was it the spread of syphilis and gonorrhea, can't recall...

-Jamman

ET = Elmo's testicles. Lyrics. Read them.

Are you saying that you're racist?

ET = Elmo's testicles. Lyrics. Read them.

If this is the Claremonster from over at the planet, I hope things are well for you and yours. It's been a long, long time since I've seen you post, since I don't go over there anymore (because of the changes they made).

going forward as far as this tempest in a teapot is concerned...here is the specific Texas Penal Code definition of resisting arrest...

The Texas Penal Code defines resisting arrest, search or transportation in Section 38.03, stating that "a person commits an offense if he intentionally prevents or obstructs a person he knows is a peace officer or a person acting in a peace officer's presence and at his direction from effecting an arrest, search, or transportation of the actor or another by using force against the peace officer or another."

that's a pretty broad definition...how would you defend yourself from someone who says "I'm an off duty cop, turn around" and then robs you? It's on the citizen to "know" the person IS a peace officer, even if that person is off duty??? I don't know about anyone else, but I want a uniformed on duty police officer or detective effecting my arrest after he/she properly identifies himself/herself.I guess in Texas any Joe Bob with a badge can forcibly arrest anybody he wants at his disgression. That's pretty chilling.

going forward as far as this tempest in a teapot is concerned...here is the specific Texas Penal Code definition of resisting arrest...

The Texas Penal Code defines resisting arrest, search or transportation in Section 38.03, stating that "a person commits an offense if he intentionally prevents or obstructs a person he knows is a peace officer or a person acting in a peace officer's presence and at his direction from effecting an arrest, search, or transportation of the actor or another by using force against the peace officer or another."

that's a pretty broad definition...how would you defend yourself from someone who says "I'm an off duty cop, turn around" and then robs you? It's on the citizen to "know" the person IS a peace officer, even if that person is off duty??? I don't know about anyone else, but I want a uniformed on duty police officer or detective effecting my arrest after he/she properly identifies himself/herself.I guess in Texas any Joe Bob with a badge can forcibly arrest anybody he wants at his disgression. That's pretty chilling.

That's nothing. Check this one out....

Overturning a common law dating back to the English Magna Carta of 1215, the Indiana Supreme Court ruled Thursday that Hoosiers have no right to resist unlawful police entry into their homes.

Court: No right to resist illegal cop entry into home

So he was incredibly drunk and it still took three officers to subdue him? What a bunch of chumps. "Peace" Officers? Yeah right.

So he was incredibly drunk and it still took three officers to subdue him? What a bunch of chumps. "Peace" Officers? Yeah right.

It took four cops to subdue Alfonso Dennard - Adrian Peterson is a wuss.

I am very impressed with the level of douchebag reached in this post. It must be odd going through life as a victim all the time.

No no no... you see everyone has the story all wrong. Adrian wasn't trying to resist arrest. He was practicing his new moves to dodge defensive linemen this season but somehow the cops took offense to being this so they arrested him to show him who is boss.

I wonder if the off duty cop had been drinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft