PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Adrian Peterson arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing good ever happens after 2 AM. He missed the cut off by a half an hour.

The most dangerous time of the year for NFL players:

The period of time between the end of minicamp and the beginning of training camp.

he was arrested for being black in Yee Hawxas...meanwhile, on the "other" side of town, Billy Bob Boyd and Buford "Tex" Autry did the boot scootin' boogie at Klem's Kracker Korral until the early morning sunrise as off duty Houston officers manned the doors and denied entry to anybody who didn't fit the club "profile"....been there, seen that...

he was arrested for being black in Yee Hawxas...meanwhile, on the "other" side of town, Billy Bob Boyd and Buford "Tex" Autry did the boot scootin' boogie at Klem's Kracker Korral until the early morning sunrise as off duty Houston officers manned the doors and denied entry to anybody who didn't fit the club "profile"....been there, seen that...
Holy crap, you were there? What luck! I normally hate these stories where you have to go by what the media says.

Holy crap! You took that literally? I better get all my duks in a row and learn how to spell dorg,kat and burd correctly before I get blasted by the Roselle regiment...

I hate this expression. Lot's of awesome stuff happens after 2 am.

Like these two hooking up?

katy_w_elmo_xlarge.jpeg

Or was it the spread of syphilis and gonorrhea, can't recall...

-Jamman

Last edited:
Sure sounds like his crime was Existing While Black.

I doubt he was being particularly rowdy in the presence of his wife and other family members.

Details on how you get arrested for resisting arrest... Apparently you shove security who is asking you for the second time to exit the premisis after closing time and then when he identifies himself as an officer and tells you he is placing you under arrest you throw a nutty that results in 3 additional off duties being required to subdue and cuff you.

Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson arrested in Houston | abc13.com

Details on how you get arrested for resisting arrest... Apparently you shove security who is asking you for the second time to exit the premisis after closing time and then when he identifies himself as an officer and tells you he is placing you under arrest you throw a nutty that results in 3 additional off duties being required to subdue and cuff you.

Sounds reminiscent of Alfonzo Dennard.

Now TMZ has weighed in and as much as I detest them their track record is hard to argue. A different take supposedly from the manager of the club who claims Peterson had been in before and never been a problem but last night he was uncharacteristically quite drunk and a rather obnoxious handful all evening and he wasn't trying to get a water after closing...

Adrian Peterson Arrest -- Club Says He Was WASTED | TMZ.com

Holy crap! You took that literally? I better get all my duks in a row and learn how to spell dorg,kat and burd correctly before I get blasted by the Roselle regiment...
Wait, so you weren't there? Because you made it sound like you knew exactly what happened. We all know that 1) unfortunately, sometimes black people get arrested for just being black and 2) sometimes people, regardless of their race, act stupid when they get drunk and suffer consequences. So how do you know which it was in this case? Again, you must have been there, right?

I hate this expression. Lot's of awesome stuff happens after 2 am.

Sure sounds like his crime was Existing While Black.

I doubt he was being particularly rowdy in the presence of his wife and other family members.

Before we go speculating the "existing while black" and charges of racism, we should probably take the most probably and logical explication. Another drunk guy in a bar that isn't done drinking quite when the bar was done serving and he got a little belligerent and out of control.

Ends up shoving a cop, which will pretty much get you busted every time (white, black or indifferent). This scenario plays out countless times across America every night. Last night was AP's turn at the carousel.

BSWI - Being stupid while intoxicated. It'll get you every time.

Last edited:
Wait, so you weren't there? Because you made it sound like you knew exactly what happened. We all know that 1) unfortunately, sometimes black people get arrested for just being black and 2) sometimes people, regardless of their race, act stupid when they get drunk and suffer consequences. So how do you know which it was in this case? Again, you must have been there, right?

I think many times it's a mix between #1 and #2 (call it option 3)

Last edited:
Love the kneejerk reflex of calling the arrest racism. Kind of takes away from the real examples of racism.

I think many times it's a mix between #1 and #2 (call it option 3)

Actually......... when you shove a cop......... you pretty much have sealed your fate. That's universal for black, white, brown, yellow, orange and any other color of the rainbow.

Generally, the bigger of a human specimen you are, generally a shorter leash given. The key to the whole article was that line where it said it took 3 cops to handcuff him. That pretty much throws the "just minding my own business and these guys started hassling me" defense right out the window.

That level of resistance is significant and your not getting off with a warning. Cops are a little prickly like that when it comes to their own safety.

it amazes me how many close minded bigots there are on this board. i guess though, this is a mass forum, and there are very few decent humans living in this state, so i should not be surprised.

I am so sorry that my post has gotten you so unbelievably angry and antagonistic. You keep trying to nail me down as "being there, right?" when only a person looking for a fight would keep blazing away...

No...I was NOT there. Let me repeat that so you can get it through your red with rage skull..NO, I WAS NOT THERE. Now, have YOU ever been to any bar, nightclub, strip joint or honky tonk in the state of Texas? How about bars and juke joints in the New England area? My off the cuff comment was flip, but one born of extensive experience in this specific arena. What is YOUR experiential base?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes