PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Admit it Boomer!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fair catch fryar

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Did anyone else hear Boomer on D&C this morning claiming that the INT was not Peyton's fault, but that Porter simply made a great read on the play and jumped his route to make the play. He said Peyton did everything he was supposed to on that play and doesn't place any blame on Manning. I almost spit up my coffee when I heard this. I know my knowledge of the game is trivial compared to a guy like that, but come'on. Why would you give him all the credit in the world when he succeeds, but not place the blame where it solely belongs? Peyton choked plain and simple and cost his team a chance to win the game.

Re: Admit it Boomer!!

When you bet it all on Manning (mediots claiming he was the best ever) it's hard to eat your words.

Much easier to give credit to the Saints than blame precious Manning

Re: Admit it Boomer!!

Did anyone else hear Boomer on D&C this morning claiming that the INT was not Peyton's fault, but that Porter simply made a great read on the play and jumped his route to make the play. He said Peyton did everything he was supposed to on that play and doesn't place any blame on Manning. I almost spit up my coffee when I heard this. I know my knowledge of the game is trivial compared to a guy like that, but come'on. Why would you give him all the credit in the world when he succeeds, but not place the blame where it solely belongs? Peyton choked plain and simple and cost his team a chance to win the game.

It was completely asinine.

"Porter read the play perfectly" and "Peyton made the right decision" are mutually exclusive, IMO.

Peyton saw the blitz, panicked and fired it at his best receiver, not seeing in time that the CB had better position and had read it like a book.

If it weren't for Peyton having a pattern of choking in big games, maybe you could give him some benefit of the doubt. But he hasn't earned it.

Boomer was making a fool of himself. Let's face it - a lot of these guys aren't going to criticize Manning, they'll wind up doing interviews with him pre-game for CBS next season, so they have to get his back. I'm sure the same group, Nantz, Simms, Boomer, would go easy on Brady if it were the same situation to. Except Brady hasn't done that, in fact, in the very same situation two years ago, Brady led his team for a game winning TD...of course, fate and David Tyree intervened.

Last edited:
That was 100% Manning's fault. Great read by Porter, but pure un-clutch mistake by Manning. The blitz was picked up too, barely any pressure on that pass. Just an awful play by Manning, anybody who says otherwise is kidding themselves.

If Manning kept his cool and looked 10 feet to the right...he had Austin Collie wide open for the first down. But... he didnt.

i have to admit, when i heard all the 2 week manning ball-wash fest, i knew he was going to choke because he heard the same thing. these clowns start believing their own hype. just look at the chargers. most talented roster. not. manning, greatest qb of all time. not. when, if ever, will the media catch on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes