PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: 2nd MNF game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Box_O_Rocks said:
Arnold - Art Shell has made it good for Oakland. :rofl:
:rofl: He actually said something about a "miraculous" performance, and you could see Jaws holding back his laughter. :D

Jaws is one of the best studio guys. Too bad he gets teamed with Hoge all the time.

After his first retirement, Vermeil was the football junkie's analyst -- right after a play, he'd give you the replay of some blocking nuance. He's a little less cerebral now.

Isn't it sad to see those fans dressed as skeletons and Satanic bikers fleeing the sinking ship? Boo-hoo!

onegameatatime said:
Jaws is one of the best studio guys. Too bad he gets teamed with Hoge all the time.

quote]

There was a story a few years back about a veteran NFL QB who sat down for an interview with Jaws and afterwards said he learned things in that session (breaking down film etc) that he hadn't learned form his coaches after being the league a few years. I can't remember the details but it showed Jaws as a sharp guy who could probably run a front office very well or help out a coaching staff if he wanted do, based on football smarts alone....
Just look around the league and wonder if he couldn't help a few teams...

Alk said:
The more important question is what was the NFL thinking or more importantly smoking when they decided that it was a good idea to have two monday night football games? Whoever is running the ship there has it headed in the wrong direction.

I think they got tired of East Coasters complaining that the games started too late and ended in the middle of the night (Jets -Fins a few years back went OT and ended about 2 am IIRC)and the West Coasters complaining that they started too early (6 pm their time).
This gives each what it wants and us junkies a chance to watch both and be REALLY tied on Tues. now.... At least they wanted to see what happened....give them credit for that..

I really enjoyed the new format. I was much more interested in the first game, and the second game was such a wash I had no problems turning it off early anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back