PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: 2nd MNF game

Status
Not open for further replies.

desi-patsfan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
What in the world was Oakland thinking in getting Aaron Brooks. ALso Moss looks very pissed over there. Why dont we just grab Moss and Porter while we are at it. :D

J.T. O'Sullivan > Aaron Brooks

Ceresco said:
J.T. O'Sullivan > Aaron Brooks

Seriously, i think its safe to say that Philip Rivers is already a better quarterback than Brooks.

Rohan Davey would be an upgrade over Brooks, the guy is just flat out awful. And roughing the kicker to give the Chargers a first down? Gotta love the Raider thugs. When was the last time Warren Sapp did something anyways?

Moss seriously does look as though he's about to cry.

His hair alone is mystifying.

I wonder how long it'll be before someone suggests, say, trading Cassel for Porter (or, more laughably, Moss) straight up. :rolleyes:

the Raiders are a disaster..

ctpatsfan77 said:
I wonder how long it'll be before someone suggests, say, trading Cassel for Porter (or, more laughably, Moss) straight up. :rolleyes:

I'd hate to see Cassel as a Raider, he'd last 2 weeks before he'd get killed. That offensive line looks terrible. Then again, SD's Merriman is incredible. Him and Castillo make SD's defense very dangerous. Seriously, Robert Gallery looks like this generation's Tony Mandarich, he looks like a complete bust. I think Kaczur is a better tacle right now.

The more important question is what was the NFL thinking or more importantly smoking when they decided that it was a good idea to have two monday night football games? Whoever is running the ship there has it headed in the wrong direction.

Alk said:
The more important question is what was the NFL thinking or more importantly smoking when they decided that it was a good idea to have two monday night football games? Whoever is running the ship there has it headed in the wrong direction.
I'm loving it! The more football the better, as far as I'm concerned.

The wife hates it ("What? TWO games on tonight?!?! *sigh* Well I'll guess I'll talk to you tomorrow") but I'm diging it.

Funny though, the announcing crew for the late game is MUCH more enjoyable than the prime-time team... and that surprised me, because I usually can't stand Ron Jaworski.

Oh... and holy cow the SD defense is swarming Brooks. Merriman is having a huge game.

Alk said:
Heh, it works with my hours - I really love retirement. :D

T-ShirtDynasty said:
I'm loving it! The more football the better, as far as I'm concerned.

The wife hates it ("What? TWO games on tonight?!?! *sigh* Well I'll guess I'll talk to you tomorrow") but I'm diging it.

Funny though, the announcing crew for the late game is MUCH more enjoyable than the prime-time team... and that surprised me, because I usually can't stand Ron Jaworski.

Oh... and holy cow the SD defense is swarming Brooks. Merriman is having a huge game.
I'm actually learning something about football from Jaws and Sniffles, very cool!

Last edited:
Box_O_Rocks said:
I'm actually learning something about football from Jaws and Sniffles, very cool!
I'm tellin' ya... if somebody has a brain at ESPN they'll swap these crews. This trio really works well together.

Did you see Ryan? He looks like a street person.

Oak defense is tryin like hell to keep them in this game.

CrazyDave said:
Oak defense is tryin like hell to keep them in this game.

Too bad the Raiders offensive line is horrible.

I'm definitely on board with the comments about the announce crew for this game, far superior to the so-called "A" team from the first game. Jaws and Vermeil should stay in the booth.

As for the Raiders... I didn't think there'd be a worse team in the league than the Packers this year, but I think the Raiders just might be worse. Their offense is atrocious, a pity we didn't trade Branch to them for a first... we'd be picking at the top of the draft for sure. If Shawn Merriman played the Raiders 16 times a year, he'd have approximately 762 sacks on the season.

Last edited:
Arnold - Art Shell has made it good for Oakland. :rofl:

Geeeze, start of the 4th quarter, and Brooks has been sacked what?? 6 or 7 times? Merriman has had 3 sacks so far. Yikes.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Geeeze, start of the 4th quarter, and Brooks has been sacked what?? 6 or 7 times? Merriman has had 3 sacks so far. Yikes.
Heh, last year Ty Warren owned Gallery, Castillo and Merriman are faster at spinning his revolving door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes