PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Opponent update : Cardinals

Status
Not open for further replies.
any given sunday, folks. 9 out of 10 times the pats would lose to tomorrow's cardinals team - but the intangibles favor NE. They are playing for Brady and the whole world thinks that they can't get it done.

and the whole world thinks that they can't get it done.

"No. You step on the field and you are already pissed off enough. You don't need added incentive. You are doing it for your job. You are doing it for your teammates. The media of course always has something to say, so of course you like to spit in their face by going out and winning and playing hard, no disrespect. You are always going to have critics, people looking at you and saying different things, but if you can't find motivation going out on that football field, you need not play."

I'll let y'all figure out which former Patriot said this, but it's spot on. These guys are professionals - especially on a Patriots team where professionalism is actually taught as another skill in the overall tool bag they bring on to the field. Do your job may be a couple years' ago as a slogan, but the culture it has created remains.

Go Pats.

They are undermanned for sure.

When did Cooper become the projected starter?

Good question about Cooper. That was my read on the situation when they snagged him in the trade for Chandler Jones.

I figured that Scarnecchia would get the potential out of him and he'd start at one of the guard spots. My early read was Vollmer - Cooper - Andrews or Stork - Mason - Solder. 3/5 of that group is not available.

I don't even know what we'll see tomorrow night. Fleming - Thuney - Andrews - Mason - Cannon? Waddle? Karras? Whatever.

That line looks like the automatic doors at WalMart on Black Friday to me.
APTOPIX_Black_Friday_0c618.jpg

Last edited:
Chandler Jones has the edge in this one without Solder or Vollmer, and he knows all the blocking schemes.

I've seen him go invisible against JAG OTs before.

Knows the blocking schemes? Ya because Belichick, McDaniels and Scarneccia haven't thought about that. :rolleyes:

I've seen him go invisible against JAG OTs before.

Knows the blocking schemes? Ya because Belichick, McDaniels and Scarneccia haven't thought about that. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, Scarnecchia will be watching the Cleanup In Aisle 3 blocking scheme all night in Arizona.

Maybe I'll start another thread that will set everybody's hair on fire, but my guess is CJ will sack Jimmy G at least twice tomorrow.

"No. You step on the field and you are already pissed off enough. You don't need added incentive. You are doing it for your job. You are doing it for your teammates. The media of course always has something to say, so of course you like to spit in their face by going out and winning and playing hard, no disrespect. You are always going to have critics, people looking at you and saying different things, but if you can't find motivation going out on that football field, you need not play."

I'll let y'all figure out which former Patriot said this, but it's spot on. These guys are professionals - especially on a Patriots team where professionalism is actually taught as another skill in the overall tool bag they bring on to the field. Do your job may be a couple years' ago as a slogan, but the culture it has created remains.

Go Pats.

Rodney Harrison

Good question about Cooper. That was my read on the situation when they snagged him in the trade for Chandler Jones.

I figured that Scarnecchia would get the potential out of him and he'd start at one of the guard spots. My early read was Vollmer - Cooper - Andrews or Stork - Mason - Solder. 3/5 of that group is not available.

I don't even know what we'll see tomorrow night. Fleming - Thuney - Andrews - Mason - Cannon? Waddle? Karras? Whatever.

That line looks like the automatic doors at WalMart on Black Friday to me.
View attachment 14007
I hear ya.

I have no earthly clue what the line will be tomorrow night. With the exception of Thuney Scar will put the players with the most experience in the system and calls in there.

With Cards loving to blitz and an undermanned o-line I think screens to White and Foster should be a big part of the game plan, especially early to keep the rush off Jimmy

was that sarcasm?

Brady taking snaps in preseason games didn't keep Gronk, Edelmen, Amendola, Mitchell, Cooper, Mason, etc. from getting in sync with Jimmy. All of those guys being hurt for all of, or much of, the entire preseason kept them from getting in sync with either Tom or Jimmy.

No it wasn't. Edelmen was back and Polo almost threw an INT to him as he zigged and Polo thought he would zag. Unfamiliarity. Mitchel was back too in the 4th game. TB wanted to throw and he did when starters seldom play in the 4th game, and Polo could have worked with Bennet too.

So, the consensus league wide most important positions on a roster usually go:

1. QB
2. LT
3. DE/OLB pass rusher
4. Receiver
5. Corner

So, the pats will be playing this game missing it's top player at 4/5 of the most important positions.

Definitely not going to make it easy for JimmyG, but I like throwing some adversity at the kid and see how he does. It was going to be an uphill battle for him anyway, now maybe the pressure falls off him a little bit.

Also interesting to see what Derby does with some significant air time. Might actually be a bit of a help for JimmyG since they actually have some familiarity together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes