PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Opinions Consolidated: How bad does the Bodden loss hurt us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect the Pats D against the run to be top 5 in the league. I expect our running game to be bottom 7 in the league. I expect our throwing offense to be top 5, and our D against the pass to be in the 5 worst.

A lot of 42-37 games, and a stack of defensive draft picks next year to go with the elite WR we are going to draft.

And no SB ring at the end of the year.

We are going to run a lot of 4-1-6, 5-1-5, 6-5 defenses with Chung in the box looking to blitz a lot, and zone type defenses with guys like Guyton dropping in coverage.

BB may have to trade some nice draft chips for a DE/OLB/CB. He'll be bringing in lots of camp cuts (as usual), maybe they can deal Child-kins for someone.

An exceptional post, but not NEARLY as awesome as your Avatar: :D

pedro-martinez-don-zimmer-fight-ab100709.jpg

SOME where, Bill Lee is STILL grinning!! :rocker:

I'm a big Deaderick fan, myself.

Ideally I'd like to see some combination of Brace-Wilfork-Deaderick on running downs and Wright-Pryor-Warren on passing downs.

Nicely put, Bro.

Seems to me we're in for a LOT of pain, the first 4 to 8 weeks or so, as the Ends and Corners pay for Experience....but by December, we could potentially have a solid and improving D Line against the Run AND the Pass, an improving OLB crew, with Cunningham starting to contribute by then...and an increasingly battle-seasoned Corner Crew that is not short on talent or depth.

A number of 34-27 shootouts, yes, but with Coach Bill The Great and General Tom Brady at Full Capacity for the first time in 2 years...I fully expect us to muddle along NICELY...and finish with a FLOURISH, as they say. :cool:

A very interesting year ahead
Lot's of offense
Weak defense
Brutal schedule
No depth
8 and 8
2011 and beyond will improve
Please keep Brady in tact for the future
Please

A very interesting year ahead
Lot's of offense
Weak defense
Brutal schedule
No depth
8 and 8
2011 and beyond will improve
Please keep Brady in tact for the future
Please

If your avatar is a picture of you smoking at the tender age of 2 or 3, then I am not surprised at your forecast.

If your avatar is a picture of you smoking at the tender age of 2 or 3, then I am not surprised at your forecast.

I do believe in a healthy lifestyle
You are what you eat....
But even more...
You are what you drink ;)
Cheers

Why, yes it is. Thanks for asking.

I also studied History in school.

You said that 2010 was going to be like 2000, the year that was the Prelude to our Dynasty.

The Pats record that year was 5--11.... Thus, my question about history repeating itself, which was only asked in fun and assumed a sense of humor in addition to knowledge of the English Language. :rolleyes:

Uh....NO. :eek:

I SAID, and I QUOTE: "And at the end of the day, I believe it (2010) will have this in common with 2000: Prelude to a Dynasty."

Your prostrate and grovelling apology will be perfectly acceptable, my good man!! :D

Bodden lost for season thread- 2 1/2 thousand hits since this morning.

Spikes sex tape thread- 12 1/2 thousand hits since yesterday morning.

What a bunch of freaking Einsteins we have around here... not.
It's my own fault for always envisioning the collective consciousness of the general public's bar being raised a lot higher than it actually is. Shame on me. When will I ever learn?

Well, kudos to whomever hit this thread and skipped over that other one. At least YOUR minds aren't in the gutter over there.

Bodden lost for season thread- 2 1/2 thousand hits since this morning.

Spikes sex tape thread- 12 1/2 thousand hits since yesterday morning.

What a bunch of freaking Einsteins we have around here... not.
It's my own fault for always envisioning the collective consciousness of the general public's bar being raised a lot higher than it actually is. Shame on me. When will I ever learn?

Well, kudos to whomever hit this thread and skipped over that other one. At least YOUR minds aren't in the gutter over there.

Thanks Dad. It has nothing to do with the fact that we're all gutter minds or some **** like that. Really, condescend more. The Spikes thing offers a lot more to discuss than our #1 CB going down. I mean that seriously. He hasn't played (basically) in the entire preseason and we've had mixed results. We wont know the full impact(whether its absolutely crippling or just a setback) to the team till the regular season starts, other than it wont help any. We can sit here and piss in the wind and talk about how its going to effect the team, but no one really knows. Only the team knows what play calls were issued as well as access to coaching tape. So our conjecture is really just that, conjecture.

Both threads have equally little to discuss in depth, for now.

Last edited:
You're welcome, Sonny. Makin' me feel all old and crusty at 43, huh? That was refreshingly funny. No one has ever gave me a salutation like that. Anyhow, earlier, I WAS gonna add that I betcha 90% of those 12.5 K hits over there are from "college age or younger" guys on this board. Well, I 'spose after one spends a decade or two nailing hot chicks, seeing another guy on video doing the same isn't quite as alluring as those who haven't "been there and done that" ad nauseum for most of their lives.

Dream on, fellas. You wanna know how it feels? Come ask 'ol man Pewsterbaby.

Oh, and you're designation of which thread is less relevant to how the team performs on the field is a tad off, methinks. How Brandon Spikes "performs" on said tape has a hella LESS bearing to how he "performs" on the field. I'll stand pat that the Bodden loss is more applicable to the present "State of The New England Patriots" now and into the next months.

No. I think you can safely assume that there will be no pass rush this season. What have they done to address this CLEAR issue in the off season? Um....nothing. Now we have no Warren for the year. Yes, it has gotten worse - who thought that would be possible!

So, no pass rush, no proven secondary, a saftey tandem that have a better chance of seeing God than covering a TE with any consistent success. Oh, and a suspect run game - meaning if the Pats score, it will probably be quick giving the defense less rest. Friggin' terrific.

I blame BB and company. Serioulsy - the biggest concern last season was lack of pass rush and they did NOTHING to fix it.

That is your opinon. I think he did lots to rebuild the Pass Rush and the pre-seaon games show it.

I agree..it stinks big time...I was HOPING that Bodden would start with Butler..which did not even happen in the 3rd PS game...If there is good news..it has been that they have played 3 games together albeit PS..but better than none..BUT that may be the consolation prize lowered down. Little experience there..as the 2 Ws..are backups.. Wheatley is smart and I have seen a few good plays from him in the PS..but??? Injuries and inexperience make in tenuous at best. A vet is needed just for some stability and I really think THAT will happen..whether its a trade or a vet who is cut and looking.
They are stronger at safety..BUT..McGowan is injured...NOT good. What this all means is another LARGE question mark for the year..never a GREAT way to start and seeing TO and Ocho Cinco for starters is NOT the way to. Patience may be needed....BUT CLEARLY not a time of panic..football is strange and writing it off now way way TOO early.

Greetings,

I agree with your assessment on the situation. All I can say is it will be interesting how this season pans out and nothing can really be predicted.

Peace,
Celticboy04

Kontra, you are simply being an arse. You posted something ambiguous, got defensive and acted like a douchebag when someone asked for clarification. Now I'm done with this topic.

You should ask yourself why you felt compelled to jump into the topic (one which had absolutely nothing to do with you) in the first place and then do your part in dragging it out. By the way, when I didn't understand how someone could have missed it, I wasn't acting like a douchebag. Obviously, the sentence made sense to me... hence the first part of my post. Honestly, I shouldn't be explaining this to you like a first grader.

Oh yeah, right, you're "done" with this topic. Forgive me for saying that you shouldn't have been a part of it in the first place.

Last edited:
What is that they say about stuff forged in steel?

The kids will have to be ready to play. I do feel better about this particular crop of kids then I have in the past though.

Yes, the same 'ole same 'ole. Blind homersim = good. Skeptical = bad fan.

I am hoping for the best here. I hope I am wrong. I hope that the young guys step up BIG. I'm being realistic though. C'mon people. Losing Bodden is really bad - Warren kind of bad. The Patriots have lost two solid vets who also happen to be two of the best players on D - (proven, anyway). Spin it all you want - and God-bless your optimism. I stand by my statement about the organization though. Beleichick is a tremendous coach and I, as a fan, am tremendously lucky to have him as the HC of the Pats - but they did nothing to address the pass rush issue. Maybe schemery will help - I just think talent would help more :)

I don't know of many people here who would actually try to argue that losing Bodden and Warren are actually good things. But you're going overboard. As usual, you're not understanding that the best pass rush is one which the offense can't anticipate. For all of the griping about our pass rush last season, we were one sack behind the Jets and a few quarterback pressures behind them. And to say that it wasn't addressed is kind of ridiculous. We signed a DE whose specialty is rushing the passer and drafted Cunningham pretty high. It was certainly looked at in the offseason.

Last edited:
LOL at this emoney guy who makes smart ass posts and has to be argumentative on what should be a friendly forum about football.

It's usually a sign that they have little ammo to prove their point.

You're welcome, Sonny. Makin' me feel all old and crusty at 43, huh? That was refreshingly funny. No one has ever gave me a salutation like that. Anyhow, earlier, I WAS gonna add that I betcha 90% of those 12.5 K hits over there are from "college age or younger" guys on this board. Well, I 'spose after one spends a decade or two nailing hot chicks, seeing another guy on video doing the same isn't quite as alluring as those who haven't "been there and done that" ad nauseum for most of their lives.

Dream on, fellas. You wanna know how it feels? Come ask 'ol man Pewsterbaby.

Oh, and you're designation of which thread is less relevant to how the team performs on the field is a tad off, methinks. How Brandon Spikes "performs" on said tape has a hella LESS bearing to how he "performs" on the field. I'll stand pat that the Bodden loss is more applicable to the present "State of The New England Patriots" now and into the next months.

I was not calling you out by your age, I don't even know how old you are till you brought it up in this thread. I was referring to you as dad because of your ability to use broad sweeping statements to generalize generalize morals about how the entire thread is full of people's heads in the gutter. Clearly the objective of the thread is to watch Spikes bang some other chick. Right. The discussion of Spikes in that thread, which I'm so glad you read, is whether or not this will pose a distraction to him or if the league will take action. That said with the little information present about that there's not much to discuss. As for Bodden being out, it's a given it will hurt our defense. But by how much is yet to be seen. We can make this analysis much more accurate come week 1.

I have to say, I love the old internet technique of talking about the sheer quantity of women you've banged. Nothing like the old 'epeen to really bolster your argument.

Last edited:
I have to say, I love the old internet technique of talking about the sheer quantity of women you've banged. Nothing like the old 'epeen to really bolster your argument.

InDEED, sir!! While this "community" DOES have its share of donkeys, I find it amazingly refreshing how incredibly RARE it is, that my eyes are assaulted with 4th grade garbage like Pewster just disgorged.

And to see it as a follow-up to that ANCIENT line about how juvenile everyone ELSE is...is the HEIGHT of irony.

It hurts, but I think the boys will be OK. Anyway, it should be interesting. Remember the Vikings season where they were 15-1 and won alot of shootouts? Could be like that. Not the 15-1 part, but the excitement and winning record part.

Hope they can kill alot of clock running the ball this year.

PS - GRONK?

That's chick "quality" over "quantity". And I'm really sorry of my perch atop the sociological ladder dictates that I see a lot of the population with their heads in the gutter below me. Such as discussing what may happen to Spikes and the residual effects of some skanked-out scummy-assed sex tape. I'm above it.

I apologize for being well bred. I apologize for my 1330 sat's & top 10% I.Q. I apologize for running an Indie Rock record label in New York City for 17 years. I apologize for landing a smoking hot, well bred, multimillionaire's daughter for 9 of them. I apologize for having what most of all y'all want, sociologically-wise. And most of all, I apologize for suggesting reading about the Spikes smut-gate garbage is beneath me.
Look, I don't want to hear about ANY of that type of thing. It's LOW level, trashy behavior. And the sad truth to it is, most of the county's males aren't above wanting to know all about it. Count me out. Differing from the majority of the country's males, I know when to use discretion to buffer myself from the worst of what is "acceptable" American cultural behavior. But all y'all, just go right ahead sticking your heads in the gutter and talk about the Spikes situation. Makes me look all the better. Leave the Spikes thing alone. You have to rise above reading about that type of thing and wanting to discuss it. That's crude and vulgar behavior choosing to talk about it over there. But then again, it's MY fault for always thinking the bar is raised higher than it actually is in this country's society.
And tisk-tisk for Ian putting up thread(s) about such behavior and allowing testosterone driven, socially challenged dolts to post their thoughts on the matter. You gotta take into consideration their UNdisclosed initial thoughts once finding out about the whole embarrassment. It's fricking gross. The existence of the tape and you LOSERS reaction to it. Yer freaking losers for partaking in it. Losers. You want some effing social etiquette lessons from me? Again, get your ever-loving heads out of the gutter. You're Pats fans, for Christ sake. Freaking represent. Damn, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes