PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Opinions Consolidated: How bad does the Bodden loss hurt us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't press the issue, and I didn't even note your syntax until you decided to be catty in your response. So there you have it.

I just don't get why it would be so hard to understand given the part in bold...

If he didn't just have a good day against the Rams (I don't think so, personally), Brace will only be the solution for one side of the defensive line.

Anyway, this is pretty stupid. I feel like I'm in the political forum. I'll just let it stand.

Last edited:
Anybody who follows my posts knows that I put my personal opinions in parentheses. I'll grant you that the first part was probably hard to understand, but the part in between the parentheses as well as the part afterward should have probably cleared it up for you. This is especially so when I know as well as I do that you've followed my posts on the subject and know my opinion on Ron Brace.

Whatever. If you want to throw down, we can take this out back.

I just don't get why it would be so hard to understand given the part in bold...

If he didn't just have a good day against the Rams (I don't think so, personally), Brace will only be the solution for one side of the defensive line.

Anyway, this is pretty stupid. I feel like I'm in the political forum. I'll just let it stand.

I was basically trying to discern whether you were saying you didn't think Brace had a good day against the Rams. Because I thought I remembered you saying you believed he did, and I thought it was puzzling for you to say because, well, he clearly defied expectations (which, you could argue, wouldn't have taken much).

I agree, it's pretty stupid. Sorry.

Whatever. If you want to throw down, we can take this out back.

You don't want to mess with me, bro! Don't you know that I'm 7'6", 500 pound black man. And that 500 pounds is all muscle brosky...

I'm not being defensive. I just hate it when a discussion about football turns into an English class. It's a needless and douchebag way to operate. He asked for clarification, I gave him it, then he pressed the issue... hence the response. What I really should have done in the first place was capitalize the "just". But I just took my new wave runner out for the last six hours in the hot sun. You'll forgive me if I'm not thinking as clearly as I should be.

His (innocent) first response was:

I can't really interpret what you're saying with the double negative and whatnot.

Your (defensive) response was

It's really not that hard to interpret.

No offense, but it was you who came off as the douchebag not Jack. Anyway, this is dumb.

Read as:

If Ron Brace didn't have a good day against the Rams, and I personally do not think so...

His (innocent) first response was:

Your (defensive) response was

No offense, but it was you who came off as the douchebag not Jack. Anyway, this is dumb.

You telling me not to be defensive is like me telling you not to start absolutely ******ed arguments because, apparently, you're bored. It's physically impossible for me to abide.

I'm not being defensive. I just hate it when a discussion about football turns into an English class. It's a needless and douchebag way to operate. He asked for clarification, I gave him it, then he pressed the issue... hence the response. What I really should have done in the first place was capitalize the "just". But I just took my new wave runner out for the last six hours in the hot sun. You'll forgive me if I'm not thinking as clearly as I should be.

YouTube - Nathan Thurm 1984 - Martin Short - Saturday Night Live 15th Anniversary Special clip - 60 minutes

Read as:

If Ron Brace didn't have a good day against the Rams, and I personally do not think so...

Again, anybody that has read my posts knows that I put my personal opinions in bold. And since you too have read my posts regarding Ron Brace in the past week, I know damn well that you know better than that. This just tells me that you're looking to get into this for the hell of it. Is it boredom or do you have the e-stalker syndrome?

Again, anybody that has read my posts knows that I put my personal opinions in bold. And since you too have read my posts regarding Ron Brace in the past week, I know damn well that you know better than that. This just tells me that you're looking to get into this for the hell of it. Is it boredom or do you have the e-stalker syndrome?

Are you really so full of yourself as to believe this?

The ambiguous part of your post wasn't the personal opinion comment in ()'s. It was the usage of the word just which was ambiguous as to whether you meant it as "merely" or "recently".

I had moderate expectations for the defense before the season, now they are lower.

Top 1/3 or so for PPG with a whole lot of ugly spotty play which is typical for a young defense.

The entire success relies on Tom Brady and the offenses' ability execute. There will be a lot of games won and lost in the final 5 minutes. I can't wait!

You think Wright is better than Green?

Wright: 7.5 sacks in the past 2 seasons
Green: 3.0 sacks in the past 2 seasons

You think G. Warren is better than Ty Warren? Really?

G. Warren: 6.0 sacks in the past 2 seasons
T. Warren: 3.0 sacks in the past 2 seasons

Totally agree on LBs. Chung is better than Sanders - but his coverage skills need A LOT of work.

Coverage skills are irrelevant to my answer, as I made perfectly clear when I posted:

Regarding pass rush only.........

Your gripe was about the pass rush. My response was about the pass rush.

Last edited:
Are you really so full of yourself as to believe this?

The ambiguous part of your post wasn't the personal opinion comment in ()'s. It was the usage of the word just which was ambiguous as to whether you meant it as "merely" or "recently".

Now I'm starting to remember why I put you on ignore. Jack has already gone on record as saying that the part he was most confused about was the fact that the post didn't seem to reflect my prior opinion on Brace.

Once again, you telling me not to be defensive is like me telling you not to start ******ed arguments. Thanks for proving my point. Although, this isn't really an argument as much as it is a pissing contest, is it? If it isn't, then you won't be responding to this. But something tells me you won't be able to help it.

PS: It wasn't in bold.

:ugh:

Kontra, you are simply being an arse. You posted something ambiguous, got defensive and acted like a douchebag when someone asked for clarification. Now I'm done with this topic.

We went to and won a Super Bowl with Hank Poteat ... so I'll have to think about this one.

Wright: 7.5 sacks in the past 2 seasons
Green: 3.0 sacks in the past 2 seasons

G. Warren: 6.0 sacks in the past 2 seasons
T. Warren: 3.0 sacks in the past 2 seasons

Coverage skills are irrelevant to my answer, as I made perfectly clear when I posted:

Your gripe was about the pass rush. My response was about the pass rush.

You do know that the way you write is both arrogant and condescending, right? Get off your high horse for just a little while and try breathing some "common" air.

Pass rush does not always mean sacks, correct? QB pressure - collapsing the pocket - winning the line of scrimmage...all of which do not always result in sacks, right? Use all the stats you want, but really? Wright is better? G Warren? C'mon man.

Last edited:
Wright is better? G Warren? C'mon man.

At applying a pass rush? Yes. And it's probably not even a close contest.

If you had any evidence that the pass rush would be similar or diminished, it would be one thing. But in the absence of such evidence, all we have is past performance, and that would suggest an improved pass rush with the new personnel.

You do know that the way you wright is both arrogant and condescending, right? Get off your high horse for just a little while and try breathing some "common" air.

Your opinion of my writing style is noted, and I'll give it every single bit of consideration that I think it's worth.

Pass rush does not always mean sacks, correct? QB pressure - collapsing the pocket - winning the line of scrimmage...all of which do not always result in sacks, right? Use all the stats you want, but really? Wright is better? G Warren? C'mon man.

Yes, clearly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes