PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

One play remaining. All zeroes on the clock. Ball on the one. Your play call?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Absurdly Metro

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I know we never got to see it, but what if that flag had been allowed to stand and the Pats get one shot for all the marbles from the one yard line with no time on the clock? If you were OC what play would you have called?

Here's mine... on the heels of the missed third down pass earlier in the 4th where we settled for the fg, I'd line up power formation left and run a play action fake to Blount as Gronk releases into the flat for the TD!

:D

whatever the play, and whatever the outcome, it would have been better then getting jobbed again by the refs.

Brady sneak because
Brian-Fantana-60-of-the-time-it-works-every-time-Anchorman.gif

Ridley in at RB
Gronk in at TE
Dobson in at WR
Amendola in at WR
Thompkins in at WR

Line up Thompkins and Dobson on the left side, and Amendola on the right (w/Gronk)
Start with Ridley in the backfield
Motion Ridley out of the backfield, to the left side
Snap the ball
Have Amendola and Gronk run a rub play
Loft it to Gronk heading towards the side of the endzone
Profit

Have Brady ready with the sneak on the audible if the defense doesn't protect over center

Spread the field with 4 wideouts. Then run a Brady QB sneak, unless at the pre snap read Gronk is obviously going to be single covered by a shrimp

Vereen direct snap.

"Hail mary"-CoolGuy

Statue of Liberty play off a flea flicker. Works all of the time.

the trick play the pats dialed up on pitt in 2007 where Randy tossed it back to Brady .. yada yada .. . :rocker:

Brady sneak.

If they had only done this on 3rd & 1 before they had to settle for the go-ahead FG, I strongly believe the outcome of the game would have been different.

I know we never got to see it, but what if that flag had been allowed to stand and the Pats get one shot for all the marbles from the one yard line with no time on the clock? If you were OC what play would you have called?

Here's mine... on the heels of the missed third down pass earlier in the 4th where we settled for the fg, I'd line up power formation left and run a play action fake to Blount as Gronk releases into the flat for the TD!

:D

Same play except I put Edelman at qb. he does a bootleg and then either runs it in or passes it to gronk. No one would expect that

Any play but the play they ran on 3rd and 1. Pats were running it down their throats on that drive and McDaniels calls that POS play..

Brady dives right over the line into the end zone and the pats win the game on a QB sneak.

Any play but the play they ran on 3rd and 1. Pats were running it down their throats on that drive and McDaniels calls that POS play..

That's what I was coming here to post.

What difference would it have made because we were basically in this position anyway with the score tied at 17 and 5-6 minutes left in the game? I'm not sure why everyone suddenly thinks that having one more play would have done anything. They'd have sold out against the QB sneak/any kind of running play, and likely blitzed Brady's ass off. There's no guarantee that we would have won with another play, although it sucks to see that situation unfold at the same time. There's always that "what if" in the back of your head.

With the score tied at 17 and us facing a 3rd and 1, that was a situation where we needed a TD to take all of the momentum and force a ton of pressure on them. More importantly, if/when our defense folded on the final drive (yet again) the score would have been tied. If you want to take it one step further, we'd have likely been in FG position at the end of the game to win it 27-24. That's where the game went wrong...or at least one of the most important factors anyway.

Stopping them a total of TWO drives also was ridiculous, as were the missed tackles, -2 turnover differential, poor pressure, stupid penalties, horrid 3rd down defense, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST