PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

One play remaining. All zeroes on the clock. Ball on the one. Your play call?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady QB sneak... 2011 AFCCG style, only without the hallacious hit. :eek:

Your memory is faulty.

I posted earlier that I wouldn't want anyone other than JMcD for this job. No one...I think he is the best choice and does a great job. I don't agree with those who ride McDaniels about screwing things up, especially when Brady also decides things too.

My one and only gripe about any playcalling would have been that 3rd and 1 play though. I don't mind the pass, but once again as we talked about several weeks ago, I just didn't care for the choice of plays.

I'm no expert by any means and do not ever claim to be one, but I would've liked to see a different play in that situation.

As far as the Patriots not having success running the ball on that drive, I'm not sure what you mean? They had a ton of success. Actually, the most success on any drive via running. Didn't they? It was definitely the drive where they kicked the FG to go up 20-17 where they were running quite nicely.

Edit: It may actually have been the drive prior, Deus.

The score tied at 17 seemed to be on a shortened field, so there weren't even that many plays. Overall though, I do feel that they were running pretty successfully on those 2 drives that produced the TD to tie it at 17 and then the FG to go up 20-17, so that is the main point.

Hand off to Vereen and have him jump/dive HIGH over the o-line/their d-line

He seems like our one RB who'd be able to do this the best. Or am I wrong?

Hand off to Vereen and have him jump/dive HIGH over the o-line/their d-line

He seems like our one RB who'd be able to do this the best. Or am I wrong?

My thought is that the Panthers would have definitely had a run blitz on and sold out tremendously vs the run, so it likely would have made a QB sneak or running attempt difficult. I could be wrong though. We'll never know.

Any play but the play they ran on 3rd and 1. Pats were running it down their throats on that drive and McDaniels calls that POS play..

I agree. Thinking that Carolina, with that play call in mind would definitely be thinking run if faced with a power formation. Then hit them with the play action. :D

Sam Cunningham. 'Nuff said.

Seriously, though, I would have brought in the beasts, unbalanced left, and pounded Ridley down their throat.

Here's what we're doing, boys. Now try to stop it.

Designate Spikes and Chandler Jones as eligible receivers. Send Gronk in motion and the other two to flood the zone and peel off all the linebackers holding gronk so he can make the damn catch.

OK your correct , the 2 plays before they ran the 3rd and 1 were runs for 9 yards.

I'm confused... Is that sarcasm? Or are you being serious?

Deus may be correct that the drive that we went ahead 20-17 wasn't long enough to have as much success as we remembered running (due to the shortened field), but overall...those 2 drives at that point in the game produced some very nice runs didn't they?

I think we're all right on some level, but Deus pointing out that we weren't necessarily running as much on the 20-17 drive with the 3rd and 1 play would certainly be correct too.

I think the problem is that we seemed to have gotten the running game going pretty well up to that point on the prior drive, along with that drive a bit too with a Blount run for 8 yds. The thinking is that we could've chosen a better play. That is certainly fair in my opinion.

I'm confused... Is that sarcasm? Or are you being serious?

Deus may be correct that the drive that we went ahead 20-17 wasn't long enough to have as much success as we remembered running (due to the shortened field), but overall...those 2 drives at that point in the game produced some very nice runs didn't they?

I think we're all right on some level, but Deus pointing out that we weren't necessarily running as much on the 20-17 drive with the 3rd and 1 play would certainly be correct too.

I think the problem is that we seemed to have gotten the running game going pretty well up to that point on the prior drive, along with that drive a bit too with a Blount run for 8 yds. The thinking is that we could've chosen a better play. That is certainly fair in my opinion.

Yup, I was thinking of both drives, still think we should have ran it on 3rd and 1.

Give the ball to Tebow.
Trollface-small-normal2pl7-1.png

Your memory is faulty.

1st and 10 at CAR 39 L.Blount right guard to CAR 34 for 5 yards (W.Horton).

2nd and 5 at CAR 34 L.Blount up the middle to CAR 33 for 1 yard (S.Lotulelei).

3rd and 4 at CAR 33 (Shotgun) T.Brady pass short right to S.Vereen to CAR 27 for 6 yards (D.Florence).

1st and 10 at CAR 27 L.Blount right guard to CAR 27 for no gain (S.Lotulelei).

2nd and 10 at CAR 27 T.Brady pass short right to R.Gronkowski to CAR 17 for 10 yards (R.Lester; T.Davis).

1st and 10 at CAR 17 L.Blount right guard to CAR 14 for 3 yards (L.Kuechly; G.Hardy).

2nd and 7 at CAR 14 L.Blount up the middle to CAR 8 for 6 yards (M.Addison; T.Davis).

3rd and 1 at CAR 8 T.Brady pass incomplete short left to A.Dobson.

4th and 1 at CAR 8 S.Gostkowski 26 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-D.Aiken, Holder-R.Allen. NE 20-17

5 rushes, 15 yards, 3 ypc.

not a great average, but not bad odds for picking up 1 yard, IMO

New England Patriots vs. Carolina Panthers - Play By Play - November 18, 2013 - ESPN

it didn't happen...this should be in the practice squad.

We can play what ifs all day

1st and 10 at CAR 39 L.Blount right guard to CAR 34 for 5 yards (W.Horton).

2nd and 5 at CAR 34 L.Blount up the middle to CAR 33 for 1 yard (S.Lotulelei).

3rd and 4 at CAR 33 (Shotgun) T.Brady pass short right to S.Vereen to CAR 27 for 6 yards (D.Florence).

1st and 10 at CAR 27 L.Blount right guard to CAR 27 for no gain (S.Lotulelei).

2nd and 10 at CAR 27 T.Brady pass short right to R.Gronkowski to CAR 17 for 10 yards (R.Lester; T.Davis).

1st and 10 at CAR 17 L.Blount right guard to CAR 14 for 3 yards (L.Kuechly; G.Hardy).

2nd and 7 at CAR 14 L.Blount up the middle to CAR 8 for 6 yards (M.Addison; T.Davis).

3rd and 1 at CAR 8 T.Brady pass incomplete short left to A.Dobson.

4th and 1 at CAR 8 S.Gostkowski 26 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-D.Aiken, Holder-R.Allen. NE 20-17

5 rushes, 15 yards, 3 ypc.

not a great average, but not bad odds for picking up 1 yard, IMO

New England Patriots vs. Carolina Panthers - Play By Play - November 18, 2013 - ESPN

I'm not positive, but I think if you go back one more drive to the one where we tied the game at 17 on the Ridley TD, we'd see that they were running the ball fairly effectively.

Those 2 drives were fairly successful in running the ball in my opinion.

Again...it's a matter of opinions. I think JMcD is a very good offensive coordinator, but I was disappointed on the 3rd and 1 call where we really needed to score a TD. I think we would have won the game had they converted that one yard. What's worse was the specific play..that's what I did not like personally; however everyone is not going to agree.

I'm not positive, but I think if you go back one more drive to the one where we tied the game at 17 on the Ridley TD, we'd see that they were running the ball fairly effectively.

Those 2 drives were fairly successful in running the ball in my opinion.

Again...it's a matter of opinions. I think JMcD is a very good offensive coordinator, but I was disappointed on the 3rd and 1 call where we really needed to score a TD. I think we would have won the game had they converted that one yard. What's worse was the specific play..that's what I did not like personally; however everyone is not going to agree.

3rd and 1 should have been a run..but wasn't. Other then that MCDs game plan was good on O

3rd and 1 should have been a run..but wasn't. Other then that MCDs game plan was good on O

Yeah, I wouldn't want anyone besides Josh to be our offensive coordinator. He has a great chemistry with Brady throughout his career, and is a pretty damn good OC.

As far as the play calling on that play goes, I did not like it. I would've much rather seen a run or even a different pass route attempted. It was too critical of a situation, as you could almost feel that they needed a TD there to win the game because I think a lot of us assumed that CAR would come right back with another TD of their own.

Yeah, I wouldn't want anyone besides Josh to be our offensive coordinator. He has a great chemistry with Brady throughout his career, and is a pretty damn good OC.

As far as the play calling on that play goes, I did not like it. I would've much rather seen a run or even a different pass route attempted. It was too critical of a situation, as you could almost feel that they needed a TD there to win the game because I think a lot of us assumed that CAR would come right back with another TD of their own.

Or no PA like they did and put vereen outside ect

No matter how many ties you make this claim, you're never going to be right. There was nothing wrong with a pass play being called on 3rd down in that situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back