PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

One key ingredient that is missing

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need me.

A mil a week is cheep for a super bowl victory.:)

This team needs an offensive leader to light a fire under the arses of this offense.

This team is 7-5 and in the 5 losses this offense has scored an avg of 3.5 points in the second half.

What is needed: Desire, leadership, and just plain wanting to win.

Yes, we can argue that leadership should come from veterans. It should also come from the coaches.

It should also come from the coaches.

But they won't be able to do anything about that until the offseason (getting rid of the underachievers).

Patriot caoches have OFTEN been able to get players in the locker roiom to care enough to play their best. That is one of the most important jobs of coaches.

But they won't be able to do anything about that until the offseason (getting rid of the underachievers).

Patriot caoches have OFTEN been able to get players in the locker roiom to care enough to play their best. That is one of the most important jobs of coaches.

If they haven't done it by now, one must conclude that some of these players are not willing candidates. That's why I say the dead wood has to be shipped off and replaced, but suitable replacements won't be found 'til the off-season. The coaches tried it with Adalius and he has yet to respond in a significant way. I don't know how hurt Shawn Springs has been, but he's all but vanished. Burgess is the same as Adalius. Some of these guys who are supposed to be play-makers are performing like JAGs with the season on the line.

Last edited:
Springs is injured. I agree about Thomas. Burgess had been OK, but we have overpaid.

It is curious that you don't mention the offense, the players that are playing way, way below their talent level and expections. The defense is as good as anyone porjected them to be at this point, expecially after Seymour was traded.

If they haven't done it by now, one must conclude that some of these players are not willing candidates. That's why I say the dead wood has to be shipped off and replaced, but suitable replacements won't be found 'til the off-season. The coaches tried it with Adalius and he has yet to respond in a significant way. I don't know how hurt Shawn Springs has been, but he's all but vanished. Burgess is the same as Adalius. Some of these guys who are supposed to be play-makers are performing like JAGs with the season on the line.

This team needs an offensive leader to light a fire under the arses of this offense.

This team is 7-5 and in the 5 losses this offense has scored an avg of 3.5 points in the second half.

The only game that we looked good on offense in the 2nd half was vs the Colts. We were going in for the kill when Maroney fumbled at the goaline. It really is amazing that a team that has been known to be so good at making adjustments at half time over the last decade has struggled so much this year. It almost seems as that once the opposing D figures out what we've been trying to do, they make an adjustment and gives us some trouble. And we are unable to counter the adjustments they make. It seems amazing that you would struggle so much on offense with Brady Moss Welker Faulk Watson Maroney etc. It's just mind boggling. I think a lot of the blame falls on O'Brien and his inexperience as an OC.

Last edited:
It is curious that you don't mention the offense, the players that are playing way, way below their talent level and expections. The defense is as good as anyone porjected them to be at this point, expecially after Seymour was traded.

In spite of the expected growing pains, I think this defense should be playing better at this point of the season. On offense: other than tight end, Kaczur, and perhaps Moss (occasionally), I don't see under-performance being much of an issue. The offensive line and running backs have had injury problems. Aiken plays hard, he just isn't as good as Gaffney or Stallworth.

I agree , its just so frustrating, to watch, some one else said its like watchin the 99 , 87, 79 Pats all over again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back