PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

On to Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeadHunter

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Im done with the Jets loss.

Being a must win, do you guys think Jules and Dola will be active if they are good to go? I'm sure Miami would love to upset our seeding, unless they have already packed it in. I just want the W and NO injuries.

Being a must win, do you guys think Jules and Dola will be active if they are good to go? I'm sure Miami would love to upset our seeding, unless they have already packed it in. I just want the W and NO injuries.

I say they both play. But I would sit them. We don't need homefield to beat Denver or Cincy - we just need a healthy team. We can beat either team regardless of venue.

Given that we have a bye, I'm wondering if they will concede the #1 seed in the interest of getting some people healthy, especially if the Bengals win Monday. Have the Pats done that before?

Think Edelman plays to shake off the rust. Wouldn't be surprised to see Dola sit.

Hopefully this game is a quick and decisive blowout that'll give Garoppolo some playing time. Can't afford any more injuries.

Given that we have a bye, I'm wondering if they will concede the #1 seed in the interest of getting some people healthy, especially if the Bengals win Monday. Have the Pats done that before?

I just can't see BB conceding the #1.

The Dolphins game (and Jets game for the matter) means nothing for the Patriots. The Broncos game showed that - a healthy Patriots team is more important than playing in Foxboro. They already have a bye and a home game - why risk things for "what ifs"? Sit them all and get healthy.

Let's hope and pray for an INJURY FREE (yes it's possible Pats fans) game next week against Miami. And a win of course.

Miami has already packed it in. No worries. Would be nice to get Dola back for this one if he is ready. We don't need Jules to beat Miami. Honestly Pats could beat Miami with players they fielded today.

I say they both play. But I would sit them. We don't need homefield to beat Denver or Cincy - we just need a healthy team. We can beat either team regardless of venue.

I'm with you. If the jets are the 6th seed I could care less about this Miami game and give our team some rest.

let edelman play some snaps...same with dola
this is a huge game!

is tannehill out? read that he was injured

Honestly, I would be fine if we play the back-ups. Maybe a series or 2 for the starters. I am cool with the second seed.

How hard will Miami play? That is the question. Will the Pats try to win this one or go on cruise control? Donks could be a #1 seed or a #5. Crazy how this is shaking out.

IMO I think we should take the same approach we took today. Rest EVERYONE who needs it and try to beat the other team with who ever is left. It wasn't good enough against the Jets in NY who are a good team fighting to get into the playoffs but maybe it will be enough to beat the Dolphins in Miami who have nothing left to play for.

So I want Amendola, Edelman, Hightower, Ninkovich, McCourty and Chung all out. Vollmer too if he isn't just put on IR. This team should still win. If they don't then we live with the 2nd seed which isn't the end of the world.

History is bad for the #1 seed is it not? #2 might be better this time around?

History is bad for the #1 seed is it not? #2 might be better this time around?

Completely irrelevant, even if it's true (which I am not sure if it even is.)

Correlation does not equal causation.

You have to wonder if the Dolphins packed it in after today, they lost to a QB combo of a 40 year old Hasslebeck and Clipboard Jesus. I'm sure they will say all the right things this week, but if it's a Pats 2 or 3 score lead...

Miami has already packed it in. No worries. Would be nice to get Dola back for this one if he is ready. We don't need Jules to beat Miami. Honestly Pats could beat Miami with players they fielded today.

We could have won today with who we fielded had we played with some balls. End of 1st half was chicken ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST