PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Old Giant Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

signbabybrady

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I am to young to have been around but my grandfather Papa Joe always told me people around here were giants fans before the Patriots came to town.

I think with a win in this Super Bowl all those people that still are should either convert or move to NJ.

I am to young to have been around but my grandfather Papa Joe always told me people around here were giants fans before the Patriots came to town.

I think with a win in this Super Bowl all those people that still are should either convert or move to NJ.

Read "Grandpa" Shaughnessy's column in the Glob (not a typo) today to see how much better it was when NE was Giant country (and I'm not talking about Dennis Drinkwater's company).

My grandfather was a big Giants fan too. Unless they're playing the Patriots, I always pull for the Giants.

My grandfather was a big Giants fan too. Unless they're playing the Patriots, I always pull for the Giants.

My Grandfather was a Giants fan and I stress the was because he left them in the dust when the Pats came to town. He was one of the few who were on the bandwagon from day one. He had season tix for them several of the homeless years and he bought them for good the first year in Foxboro. They have been in our name ever since.

Thanks Papa Joe because I would not be going to my 4th Super Bowl and 15th game this year if you didn't have the foresight you did.

The Giants were rammed down our throats in the 60's back when the AFL games were not on TV and we were forced to watch the Giants instead. It's not like there was this love affair with the Giants and we had any say in the matter, they were forced upon us by arrogant New Yorkers.

Giants fans crack me up; a month ago, they wanted to ride Eli and their coach out of town on a rail. They march through the JV conference and on to the Super Bowl and they love both of them now.

Effin frauds; they're Yankee fans, I'd expect nothing less from the losers...................

The Giants were rammed down our throats in the 60's back when the AFL games were not on TV and we were forced to watch the Giants instead. It's not like there was this love affair with the Giants and we had any say in the matter, they were forced upon us by arrogant New Yorkers.

Giants fans crack me up; a month ago, they wanted to ride Eli and their coach out of town on a rail. They march through the JV conference and on to the Super Bowl and they love both of them now.

Effin frauds; they're Yankee fans, I'd expect nothing less from the losers...................

That JV conference split the season series with the AFC. Was the AFC the JV conference when they won 13 Super Bowls in a row?

The Giants won six Super Bowls!? Where the **** have I been?

Oh wait, four of those "World Championships" came when they wore leather helmets and Christ was in a crib?

Give it a rest you clambrain...............

lol Pats fans are funny. Where have you been before 2001? The Pats fanbase suddenly blew up by epic proportions ever since the BS "tuck" rule.

im gonna say this for the 1000th time, to the 1000th dumbazz, the tuck rule is a RULE, it wasnt made up on the spot, its in the books. Ok? get it,

The giants only won sunday because of the "interception rule" its clear that you were not allowed to catch another teams pass, and that part of the game was made up on the spot. see how stupid that sounds, yea, the tuck rule argument sounds just as stupid.

I love clowns like you that spout the same old tired crap over and over and over; "tuck rule", "where have we been before 2001", blah, blah, blah.

Every week, some troll like you comes here with the same old tired rant, pathetic to be honest. Why don't you jumpstart your flea sized brain and read the thread about long time Patriot fans and see how many of us have been fans WAY before 2001 instead of talking out of your poopchute.

Between the Red Sox, Patriots and Celtics, New York can't hold a candle to Boston in the sports department.

The worm has turned, so deal with it.

My Grandfather was a Giants fan and I stress the was because he left them in the dust when the Pats came to town.
Geezuz Krist you guys, lighten up with this crap. There are posters on this board who watched football before 1960, you know. A friend of mine ... yeah, that's it, my friend ... not me, but my friend ... was a Giants fan before there was a Boston Patriots, and when the AFL first played, we were as staunch supporters of it as you are about your local Arena League team. The AFL was that good!

I mean, that's what my friend tells me.

Why don't you jumpstart your flea sized brain and read the thread about long time Patriot fans and see how many of us have been fans WAY before 2001 instead of talking out of your poopchute.
The best part is that he was not watching football himself in 2001. If he had been watching in 2001, he would have seen the tuck rule called in favor of the Jets AGAINST the Pats when Vinny was sacked but had not yet tucked the ball

Only in NY do kiddies how have been fans for two years think they know anything.

Between the Red Sox, Patriots and Celtics, New York can't hold a candle to Boston in the sports department.

The worm has turned, so deal with it.
Well,to be honest, I always stick up for the Jets when someone says they can't hold the Pats' jocks. I step right up and say, "They not only can, THEY DO!"

My dad was a Giants and Patriots fan. I have zero issues supporting the New York Football Giants. But I am a 40 yr old Patriots fan that remembers the early 70's and has supported the team for that long. I am psyched to see the G-Men in the Super Bowl against the Patriots. A fresh Manning to beat, a local rivalry, old ties involved, and the Week 17 game was a very good one.

Dude, I'm a Giants fan..not Jets. Everybody but NE fans thought that was a fumble.

no...you're a douchebag...if you had football knowledge, then you'd realize that it was properly called...

and as Fitzy would say...GFY...

The Giants won six Super Bowls!? Where the **** have I been?

Oh wait, four of those "World Championships" came when they wore leather helmets and Christ was in a crib?

Give it a rest you clambrain...............

So does that mean the Red Sox 1918 World Championship doesn't count?

Last edited:
Glad to know you can discuss a football topic without resorting to childish name-calling. You're super cool!

Glad you can pretend to understand football and not know jack about the rulebook.

Did you fail reading comprehension again?

Here at Patsfans.com, we don't like to suffer fools. We'll school you at smack or we'll school you at football knowledge.

Pick your poison.

:rofl: :rofl: You sure schooled me.

You aren't even smart enough to realize that you just lost on both fronts!

smack: you are a douchebag--and you counter by accusing me of childish namecalling? LOSER

football knowledge: you do not understand the rulebook vis a vis the 'Tuck Rule'. LOSER

Don't you have a late shift in your cab to get to?

:rofl: :rofl: You sure schooled me.

Schooled will be the Gmen in week 17 in the Meadowlands & especiallyin SB XLII on February 3rd when Tom Brady's on 1 leg embarasses the Gmen for a PATS perfect season!!

Stupid Bronx zoo animal...who let them out of their cages?!?

NFL World Champions
1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990
NFC Champions
1986 1990 2000 2007
NFL Eastern/American/National Division/Conference Champions
1933 1934 1935 1938 1939 1941 1944 1946 1956 1958 1959 1961 1962 1963
NFC Eastern Division Champions
1986 1989 1990 1997 2005
NFC Wild Card Winner/Playoff Qualifier
1943 1950 1981 1984 1985 1993 2002 2006 2007
Wow, you are scraping the bottom of the barrel when your bragging depends on games played with leather helmets.

I would be embarrassed if i had to use this to feel good about my team:

NFL Eastern/American/National Division/Conference Champions
1933 1934 1935 1938 1939 1941 1944 1946 1956 1958 1959 1961 1962 1963

Six times world champs. What a joke. 1927. Whoo hoo. 1934. We're not laughing with you here.

Just be honest: you won two superbowls fifteen years ago AND you only won because you had Belichick.

:rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick