PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ol' man Romo is broken again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be careful what you wish for...the Hatriots at CowboysZone.com. You would swear at times during DeflateGate the Pats were a divisional opponent the Boys hated more than the Iggles...even during this last SB. :rolleyes: So they danced on Brady's 4-game suspension, but Romo is likely out 8-games.

I loath Jerry Jones for undoing everything that made the Cowboys great once - now known as The Patriot Way. I've come to dislike many of the fans, at least the freaking idiots at CowboysZone for enabling Jerruh. Jerry would rather die than doing what worked for what was America's Team...some of his fans apparently hate professional management because they hate the Patriots. I can support a losing team, but I won't support a stupid team like the Cowboys.

Time to hang up them thar spurs, TR. Walk away while you can still walk.

Be careful what you wish for...the Hatriots at CowboysZone.com. You would swear at times during DeflateGate the Pats were a divisional opponent the Boys hated more than the Iggles...even during this last SB. :rolleyes: So they danced on Brady's 4-game suspension, but Romo is likely out 8-games.

I loath Jerry Jones for undoing everything that made the Cowboys great once - now known as The Patriot Way. I've come to dislike many of the fans, at least the freaking idiots at CowboysZone for enabling Jerruh. Jerry would rather die than doing what worked for what was America's Team...some of his fans apparently hate professional management because they hate the Patriots. I can support a losing team, but I won't support a stupid team like the Cowboys.

Sounds like a little bit o' old-fashioned football karma.

You would have to hate Jimmy to deport him to Dallas. Some might point out Dez and Eziekiel are great weapons, but that's more than negated by the redhead and his boss.
Sure, But 2-3 picks from cowgirls chance alot of things ;)

Seeing that hit, it didn't seem that bad. Reminds me of another innocuous looking hit, to Bo Jackson, that turned out to be debilitating.

Just for you, Tony!!

I don't know. Dak might be a better pro than JG, but who knows. We might get some data over the first 4 games.
The key is to look good your second year after defenses get plenty of film to study your tendencies.

Remember when Kaepernick was going to take the NFL by storm and make the pocket passer obsolete.

You know the NFL is about to start when Romo injury talk starts

My god. His cap #s are insane.

Last number is dead cap. Number before that is cap hit.

If he can't go and needs to retire thats a big expenditure not to get any value from

dallas.png
36 $8,500,000 $5,000,000 $1,635,000 - $5,700,000 $20,835,000 $31,935,000
dallas.png
37 $14,000,000 $5,000,000 - - $5,700,000 $24,700,000 $19,600,000
dallas.png
38 $19,500,000 - - - $5,700,000 $25,200,000 $8,900,000
dallas.png
39 $20,500,000 - - - $3,200,000 $23,700,000 $3,200,000
dallas.png
40 UFA

Romo was a prick when he joined the league and I had no time for him, but I've grown to respect him. One of those guys I'd have liked to see play enough to know how good he might have been.

I never wish harm on any player (ok, ok, except maybe for Jack Tatum and Bernard Pollard), but I can't say that it bothers me that another Cowboys' Season looks like it's in the crapper before it starts for Jerruh...Karma's a ***** and he's still paying for how he treated Tom Landry and Jimmy Johnson....

Seeing the hit, I've gotta think his back is toast. It wasn't unusually hard or direct or anything. I think at this point a bone would break if he slept on it wrong.

My Cowboys fan brother-in-law tried to defend Romo last year by claiming that he just gets hit so hard compared to other QBs. I'd like to think that, deep down, he knew this was just some BS rationalization and that Romo is now late career Jim McMahon, i.e. Any hit, no matter how innocent looking, could mean a significant injury.

I went over there to get some info and see what people were saying. I saw this one comment - and I swear I am not making this up - about how the "Cheatriots" paid Brady under the table to avoid salary cap ramifications. The comment was stated as if this was a 100% known and accepted fact, not even a "I think they are...."

Meanwhile, Greg Hardy is 100% innocent. WTF is wrong with those people over there?

My Cowboys fan brother-in-law tried to defend Romo last year by claiming that he just gets hit so hard compared to other QBs. I'd like to think that, deep down, he knew this was just some BS rationalization and that Romo is now late career Jim McMahon, i.e. Any hit, no matter how innocent looking, could mean a significant injury.

Yeah, pretty much. I mean, I'll defend Romo harder than most Cowboys fans. I think he's one of the best QBs of his generation, the most underratedly tough player in the league, and that with a better organization behind him he'd have a ring or two and we'd be having a whole different conversation about him. I dunno if there's a subgroup of fans that have annoyed me more over the past 5-7 years than Cowboys fans who **** on Romo for not singlehandedly dragging them into the playoff every year. Panthers fans who spent the last 3 years clamoring for Derek Anderson are probably neck and neck with them, but they're both really bad.

So even as a Romo homer who doesn't even like the Cowboys (no opinion on the team itself, except that I can't stand Jerry Jones and find the majority of their fans insufferable) I have to acknowledge that his body is pretty much broken at this point. He's 36, and not in Brady years. He's 36 in played-behind-terrible-lines-and-held-the-ball-way-too-long-for-good-measure years. If he manages to make it through 6 games without sustaining a significant injury at any point over the rest of his career, I'll be surprised, and at this point if I was an advisor of his I'd be saying he should just retire and hope his body is still functional 15 years from now.

Last edited:
I went over there to get some info and see what people were saying. I saw this one comment - and I swear I am not making this up - about how the "Cheatriots" paid Brady under the table to avoid salary cap ramifications. The comment was stated as if this was a 100% known and accepted fact, not even a "I think they are...."

Meanwhile, Greg Hardy is 100% innocent. WTF is wrong with those people over there?

Very good question

I ponder it's
  1. They are on drugs and/or booze
  2. They are the Jones family
  3. They are on the Jones payroll
  4. They are inbred with mental disabilities.
  5. Something in the Texas water supply is affecting like them Mary Lou Bruner and Robert Murrow.

Before the troll/moderator banned me for speaking up while they trashed the Pats during SB 50, it must have tortured them for me to point out the respect Staubach has for BB, was invited to Brady and his family, routes for them every game they don't play the Cowboys.

Khialdi might be the nutcase Hatriot you were talking about....another member posted there he was concerned about his safety during last year's Oct 11 game.

I think it's as simple as petty jealousy. The Pats have everything they had in the early-mid '90s and then some, all of which they've been distinctly lacking for the past 20 years. We've got a QB better than any that's ever worn their uniform, a coach better than any who's ever coached for them (I'm sure they'd argue that claim is debatable, but I'm sticking with it), an owner who's all the things that they used to think Jerry Jones was before it became clear he's a creepy, bombastic, micromanaging liability, and decade-plus of winning with a bunch of Lombardis to show for it. ****, we even do scandals 'better' than those '90s Cowboys teams did.

That's a very tough pill for Cowboys fans to swallow, since they, like Steelers and Packers fans to a lesser extent, are wrapped up in this weird notion that the NFL universe rightly revolves around their franchise. That's their right, and we've usurped it from them. They actually believe all that "America's Team" ****, after all. It totally wasn't a branding gimmick to try to rehab Dallas' image after JFK was assassinated there; no, it's some weird absolute truth handed down by God himself.

It's the same entitlement complex that makes them think it's reasonable to **** on Tony Romo because he hasn't carried their entire inept franchise to a SB win yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News