PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ol' man Romo is broken again

Status
Not open for further replies.
That really didn't look like that hard of a hit that would lead to injury. A young, healthy QB likely shakes that hit off.

Hate injuries, but ain't going to lose any sleep over Jerry Jones' foul mood. There is no one more deserving.

I actually have some sympathy for Romo but also enjoy how the loss affects Jones. He's a dipstick.

I thought the hit was dirty. It was obvious that Romo was giving up and sliding feet forward. Aren't they supposed to be protected in that case? I thought the defender came down with his weight on Romo's right shoulder and swung his arm down as a hammer too, all while Romo was in an almost sitting position as he attempted to slide. I thought the hit was an attempt to hurt Romo and it did.

Tony Romo hurt again? I know the joke about guys being made of glass... but he takes the cake! Almost feel bad for him but it's pretty much a situation normal for him. Anyways, I don't wish injuries on anybody.

Football is a tough enough sport as is and it's also a livelihood for those guys. It's no fun missing games from injury. Hope he recovers fully. So who will lead the Cowboys now? Could we trade Brissett to them for a 1st rounder? ;)

I actually have some sympathy for Romo but also enjoy how the loss affects Jones. He's a dipstick.

I thought the hit was dirty. It was obvious that Romo was giving up and sliding feet forward. Aren't they supposed to be protected in that case? I thought the defender came down with his weight on Romo's right shoulder and swung his arm down as a hammer too, all while Romo was in an almost sitting position as he attempted to slide. I thought the hit was an attempt to hurt Romo and it did.

it was definitely a roughing the passer penalty, but i don't think it was called.

Yes, yes he is.

Tony Romo could -- the key word being could -- have been one of the game's all-time greats. But luck, talent, greatness and accomplishment hinge as much on your own talent and will as the forces out there in the world trying to prove their own value and, yes, cold-hard luck.

It is worth noting how difficult greatness truly is to wrestle from the games our most gifted athletes play. LeBron James is an all-timer, but a Spurs bounce or a Ray Allen 3-pointer here, or a Warriors shot or two there, and we would see and remember him differently. Tom Brady is the greatest quarterback of all time, but a Tuck Rule here, or a dropped pass there, and he's another great regular season NFL player.

Greatness eludes Tony Romo for the last time, and that's a shame /cbs

You've got to love this part:

Tom Brady is the greatest quarterback of all time, but a Tuck Rule here, or a dropped pass there, and he's another great regular season NFL player.

which completely ignores things like the uncalled holds in 2007, all the fumbles that the Giants self-recovered in 2011, Gost coming up with his only PAT miss of the year in the AFCCG last season, etc...

which completely ignores things like the uncalled holds in 2007, all the fumbles that the Giants self-recovered in 2011, Gost coming up with his only PAT miss of the year in the AFCCG last season, etc...

Still stings thinking about that.. he had the longest streak of extra points in league history, hadn't even missed a field goal in a playoff game since 2009, and he misses that extra point in an AFC Championship Game against the Broncos that ended up being the difference between going to overtime and losing

Brutal

Still stings thinking about that.. he had the longest streak of extra points in league history, hadn't even missed a field goal in a playoff game since 2009, and he misses that extra point in an AFC Championship Game against the Broncos that ended up being the difference between going to overtime and losing

Brutal

Yeah... If you "What if?", you can get Brady to 8 SB wins, easy, without any major stretching:

2006 - What if no non-existent "face guarding" penalty
2007- The "What if? list is long and depressing
2011 - Another sizable "What if?" list
2015 - "What if" Gost makes the point?

That doesn't even get into things like the Ben Watson play, etc...

I went over there to get some info and see what people were saying. I saw this one comment - and I swear I am not making this up - about how the "Cheatriots" paid Brady under the table to avoid salary cap ramifications. The comment was stated as if this was a 100% known and accepted fact, not even a "I think they are...."

Meanwhile, Greg Hardy is 100% innocent. WTF is wrong with those people over there?

Wait - I think this one is 100% known and an accepted fact. I know its a fact because a JILLs fan with the username "This_is_our_year_2002" posted the exact same thing. :cool:

Denver has contacted Dallas about a trade for Mark Sanchez. The Cowboys are not interested in a trade if it involves his current salary.

Wish we would of taken Dak instead of Jacoby but oh well

look what this simp did to poor Jess the day before her 29th birthday...

Tony Romo bans ex-girlfriend Jessica Simpson from his Dallas home

Monday, July 27, 2009, 1:52 PM
And stay out! Two weeks ago, Tony Romo dumped Jessica Simpson – the day before her 29th birthday – leaving her to cancel the party she had planned.

But to add insult to injury, the Dallas Cowboys quarterback has now banned Simpson from his Dallas home, Usmagazine.com reports.

The bold move was made official in a sign on the entrance: "RED ALERT!!! TONY ROMO HAS MADE SOME CHANGES TO HIS LIST OF PEOPLE ALLOWED IN....JESSICA IS NO LONGER ON THE LIST AND NOT APPROVED FOR ACCESS."

Meh... she did the same thing to me after a very long, very one sided relationship. I'm okay, now. o_O

Meh... she did the same thing to me after a very long, very one sided relationship. I'm okay, now. o_O

Don't you hate it when women are like that?

She could at least a knowledge your feelings and let you down easy and with concern for your obsession, but noooo, that would be too easy.

She has to go all restraining order on you.

:mad:

Romo is made of cheap glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill