Oh, Deion... Come'on dude.. REALLY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mogamedogz

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Hate to cross paths with Deions definition of a "BAD" guy. :bricks:

LINK

10:47 a.m.: While current members of the New England Patriots haven’t said a peep about Aaron Hernandez, Deion Branch expressed his thoughts to the Albany Herald.

Aaron is a great guy and a great friend of mine and a great teammate,” Branch said. “I love him to death, and it was shocking to hear his name involved in this situation. I truly hope and pray he doesn’t have any dealings with it.”

Though the evidence against Hernandez looks damning, Branch is taking the innocent-until-proven-guilty approach.

“That’s my guy, man,” Branch said of Hernandez. “That’s my guy. It really shocked me. He was a great kid. Overall, I hope the best that he isn’t involved with it and I hope he gets his name cleared, but most importantly I send my prayers and condolences out to the Lloyd family.”

Well if you knew anything about Deion then you would know he's the kind of guy who sees the positive in people. As bad as everything looks now, I'm sure that's not what Hernandez displayed 24/7.

LINK

Maybe Twiggy only saw the charismatic, hard-practicing, football smart side of Hernandez?

I hardly see Branch having any role or knowledge of the gangster life. Rumor has it, he was being initiated into a local gang in high school but pulled a hamstring on the way to to a convenience store robbery.

Well if you knew anything about Deion then you would know he's the kind of guy who sees the positive in people. As bad as everything looks now, I'm sure that's not what Hernandez displayed 24/7.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that Hernandez didn't stroll across the locker room casually murdering people, or even talking about it.

"Hey Deion, what's up homie? So I murdered this guy yesterday, so much blood lol! Yeah he talked to this guy I didn't like so I really had no choice. How was your weekend?"

LINK

First off, Ahern is not guilty at the moment, though plenty of circumstantial evidence points to him being a thug. That said, Branch has not yet reconciled the new information with his previous opinion of Ahern, doing that is emotionally painful, psychologists refer to it as cognitive dissonance.

You'll often find that people try to avoid it by doubling up on their particular Kool-Aid when more of that new information becomes available. This is often the case with people who support a highly touted politician they expect to be the messiah, they become even more devout when it becomes apparent that politician is not all they're cracked up to be.

Point is.. Some things are just better left unsaid. That's a "no comment" moment if there ever was one.

Point is.. Some things are just better left unsaid. That's a "no comment" moment if there ever was one.

Or maybe if he just said "He seemed like a great guy." But "He was a great guy!" ......not the right time, Deion.

Fixed that.

You didn't fix anything but you did ignore the part where I said he's "NOT GUILTY" at the moment. He's a murderer when a jury declares him so, before that he's an accused man, not all of which actually did crime.

C'mon, Deion is sticking up for a friend. Murder trial have this type of witness all the time. He's in denial. And he is loyal. As we all know, there are several stages of grief.

You didn't fix anything but you did ignore the part where I said he's "NOT GUILTY" at the moment. He's a murderer when a jury declares him so, before that he's an accused man, not all of which actually did crime.

No, what you said was..

plenty of circumstantial evidence points to him being a thug.

The cicumstantial evidence that the D.A's office has compiled doesnt point to him simply being a "thug"... it points to him shooting and killing another human being...execution style.

Really. I see nothing wrong with his statements, he is always positive and effusive.

Good for Deion. If my good friend was somehow accused of murder one day I wouldn't immediately turn my back on him either until it was 120% certain.

he wants to be loyal to a friend, i guess? What exactly is his definition of a bad guy then?

Who broke the omerta and spoke of the incident.

Chances were low he was called in for camp.

Chances are non existent now.

I don't see anything wrong with what he said.

Really. I see nothing wrong with his statements, he is always positive and effusive.

and he was properly respectful of Lloyd's family.

I like Deion's personality and hope his positive attitude helps him thrive post football.

I think what he said was fine. In his dealings with Branch he might have been a 'great guy'

The serial killer T Bundy was a law school student and a very charming guy according to those that 'knew' him. They were shocked that he was a cold blooded killer and rapist. Sociopaths are very clever like that.

LINK

How nice for you to never find out someone you loved or considered a true friend had very likely done some evil ****.

For instance, finding out a beloved family member had molested two little girls ****ed me up considerably and you cannot help but to hope he was innocent.

He was not. But I don't ******* blame myself for hoping that he was.

Oh let him defend his friend what's the big deal? Nobody's perfect and nobody is as "good" as they appear.

Aaron isn't guilty... yet and maybe murderer or accomplice wasn't the role he was playing at the crime scene that night. They're all apart of something gang-related, So we'll never really know what really happened, unless someone starts snitching.

But let's give Deion a break. He's defending his friend, unlike the rest of the team, who have abandoned him as if they've already made their minds up about him being the culprit. Way to back up your teammate or "brother". Ray Lewis got more support from his fans and teammates. So did Michael Vick. I'm not a fan of how the Patriots are doing Hernandez. I get they're disappointment, but its a bit classless(for lack of a better term), especially if he comes out of this thing innocent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back