Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Should the Pats make a trade? Will they?

• They should, and they will

Votes: 19 22.9%
  • They should, but they won't

Votes: 52 62.7%
  • They shouldn't, but they will

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • They shouldn't, and they won't

Votes: 11 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard a radio report stating that the latest about Allen is he's willing to redo his deal for the 'right' team.

Got to love a vet that has already made piles of cash, is sick of losing and just wants to win. Sounds like a BB type guy to me.

Just heard a radio report stating that the latest about Allen is he's willing to redo his deal for the 'right' team.

I can't imagine it'd be us, but 10% of Jared Allen is still better than 100% of most of our defense. With Denver being the obvious obstacle, it wouldn't kill the Pats to add a known quantity.

Not going to put money on it, but he'd have to redo his deal to move to a just about everyone not named the Jags.

I can't imagine it'd be us, but 10% of Jared Allen is still better than 100% of most of our defense. With Denver being the obvious obstacle, it wouldn't kill the Pats to add a known quantity.

Not going to put money on it, but he'd have to redo his deal to move to a just about everyone not named the Jags.

I really doubt anything happens. Belichick felt handcuffed without 3rd and 4th rounders in last year's draft.

Schefter stated ESPN earlier that there is one other team in the mix for Allen in addition to the Hawks.

The denver peytons i would imagine

The denver peytons i would imagine

He could restructure his contract, but that would make an already precarious situation for 2014 even more precarious.

Schefter stated ESPN earlier that there is one other team in the mix for Allen in addition to the Hawks.

And per Schefter, the Seahawks are now out of the Allen sweepstakes.

I really doubt anything happens. Belichick felt handcuffed without 3rd and 4th rounders in last year's draft - they completely regretted giving up those picks.

Huh?

Pats had their 3rd last year and Talib was for a 4th. Doubt he regrets that one.
5th and 6th round picks were used for Haynesworth and Chad Johnson which Bill has gotten over since because he still made the Talib trade last year.

And trading out of the 1st netted the Pats a 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 7th.

If the Seahhawks get Allen, that's going to be almost unfair.

IDK, DE isn't a position of need for them. If they give up a second for him, I think it may be a waste. They can only play two DEs at once and they already have Bryant (although I don't know why Bryant is at DE), Avril, Clemons, and Bennett. Unless they can quickly turn around and trade one or two of them, I don't know if Allen is a great move for him.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 4m
Seahawks not expected to trade for Vikings DE Jared Allen now. One source said the Seahawks have decided to not actively pursue him.

I wonder who the other team is. I dont think it is us and I dont think the Patriots will be making any trades by 4pm.

DE is s strength for the Patriots, i would hope their efforts would be directed at shoring up a weakness. interior DL, WR, or starting QB.

And per Schefter, the Seahawks are now out of the Allen sweepstakes.

Apparently their dream of fielding 10 DEs and Richard Sherman may be going down the drain.

I didn't get why they would be in the sweepstakes in the first place. They have four DEs who could start on a lot of teams (Although I don't know why they have Bryant at DE). Why get another one?

DE is s strength for the Patriots, i would hope their efforts would be directed at shoring up a weakness. interior DL, WR, or starting QB.

Starting QB is a weakness? What a moronic thing to say.

Huh?

Pats had their 3rd last year and Talib was for a 4th. Doubt he regrets that one.
5th and 6th round picks were used for Haynesworth and Chad Johnson which Bill has gotten over since because he still made the Talib trade last year.

And trading out of the 1st netted the Pats a 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 7th.

My bad, but you are not always going to get a trade partner in the draft...belichick covets those picks.

You had me there until your clincher. Good one, Wes.

I wonder who the other team is. I dont think it is us and I dont think the Patriots will be making any trades by 4pm.

Don't think it us either. Why stunt C Jones growth in the system? Ninkovich is signed to a cap friendly deal and can force turnovers with the best of them. With the other guys that is a position of strength that gets better every game it seems.

I'd take a risk with Taylor from Cleveland. Unlike Hayneworth, who is also a knucklehead,he still has a lot left in the tank. Hence why Clevleand probably won't part with him.

Wish Gonzales was available. That would be an epic aquisition.

Don't think it us either. Why stunt C Jones growth in the system? Ninkovich is signed to a cap friendly deal and can force turnovers with the best of them. With the other guys that is a position of strength that gets better every game it seems.

I'd take a risk with Taylor from Cleveland. Unlike Hayneworth, who is also a knucklehead,he still has a lot left in the tank. Hence why Clevleand probably won't part with him.

Wish Gonzales was available. That would be an epic aquisition.

Gonzales said he was open to a trade, make it happen Bill!

The Eagles are floating Isaac Sopoaga. Might be a low risk move. At age 32, I am assuming they won't get more than a late round pick for the guy. He is a big bodied, run down NT that the Pats are missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News