Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Should the Pats make a trade? Will they?

• They should, and they will

Votes: 19 22.9%
  • They should, but they won't

Votes: 52 62.7%
  • They shouldn't, but they will

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • They shouldn't, and they won't

Votes: 11 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think it us either. Why stunt C Jones growth in the system? Ninkovich is signed to a cap friendly deal and can force turnovers with the best of them. With the other guys that is a position of strength that gets better every game it seems.

I'd take a risk with Taylor from Cleveland. Unlike Hayneworth, who is also a knucklehead,he still has a lot left in the tank. Hence why Clevleand probably won't part with him.

Wish Gonzales was available. That would be an epic aquisition.

I'm not saying that the Patriots are looking at Allen, but they could bookend Allen and Jones and drop Ninkovich into the LB corps.

Don't think it us either. Why stunt C Jones growth in the system? Ninkovich is signed to a cap friendly deal and can force turnovers with the best of them. With the other guys that is a position of strength that gets better every game it seems.

I'd take a risk with Taylor from Cleveland. Unlike Hayneworth, who is also a knucklehead,he still has a lot left in the tank. Hence why Clevleand probably won't part with him.

Wish Gonzales was available. That would be an epic aquisition.

Allen is a massive upgrade over Ninkovich in the pass rush department (obligatory disclaimer: this is NOT meant to disparage Ninkovich, whom I like quite a bit).

Not sure how an Allen signing would stunt Jones' growth. If anything it'd make him even more effective.

The Eagles are floating Isaac Sopoaga. Might be a low risk move. At age 32, I am assuming they won't get more than a late round pick for the guy. He is a big bodied, run down NT that the Pats are missing.

He's owed $3M+ a year for the next two years, but would only cost $500K or so for this year.

For a 6 or a 7, I'd consider it.

My bad, but you are not always going to get a trade partner in the draft...belichick covets those picks.

But they have all their picks for the upcoming draft, using one wouldn't handcuff Belichick.

I'm not saying that the Patriots are looking at Allen, but they could bookend Allen and Jones and drop Ninkovich into the LB corps.

I suppose your right. He has played LB in the past and has lined up as one at times during this season.

The old adage of Belichick may apply here too. You have to have a willing trade partner. By all reports Minnesota is willing.

Allen is a massive upgrade over Ninkovich in the pass rush department (obligatory disclaimer: this is NOT meant to disparage Ninkovich, whom I like quite a bit).

Not sure how an Allen signing would stunt Jones' growth. If anything it'd make him even more effective.

Jones has been getting a good amount of attention since Wilfork's been gone. Getting Allen could possibly free him up.

DE is s strength for the Patriots, i would hope their efforts would be directed at shoring up a weakness. interior DL, WR, or starting QB.

I know we signed Carter and the Pats need a run stuffing DT....but if Kelly is able to come back after the bye, then the DT need is not as drastic. Adding Allen actually improves two areas of the defense. Having Allen and Jones on the edge would be sick, and it would free up Nink to play more LB(I am aware that Carter does this as well, but Carter vs Allen is not really a discussion) a unit that is really lacking in experience.

Think about a DL of Allan-Kelly-Jones-Jones on passing downs. Lights out!

I do know its unrealistic and a pipe dream but a nice pipe dream it is. :D

Damn it. I was typing up my post above when I was volunteered to go and pick up my neighbors kid from school. You beat me to it.

Actually both rookies have been getting separation fairly easily. Especially Dobson. Either they've dropped the passes (not as much recently) or Brady has completely missed them.

Dobson is going to have an excellent 2nd half of the season.
I'm predicting right now 40 catches 500+ yards and 4 TDs.

Read this on twitter...

Gil Brandt said that it's the BRONCOS pursuing Jared Allen.

This trade deadline is riveting!

I know we signed Carter and the Pats need a run stuffing DT....but if Kelly is able to come back after the bye, then the DT need is not as drastic. Adding Allen actually improves two areas of the defense. Having Allen and Jones on the edge would be sick, and it would free up Nink to play more LB(I am aware that Carter does this as well, but Carter vs Allen is not really a discussion) a unit that is really lacking in experience.

Think about a DL of Allan-Kelly-Jones-Jones on passing downs. Lights out!

I do know its unrealistic and a pipe dream but a nice pipe dream it is. :D
Actually we would go Allen-Jones-Jones-Carter or Allen-Carter-Jones-Ninkovich on passing downs, and what you have above on run/pass downs

Read this on twitter...

It wouldn't be surprising. Their defense sucks and they need to sure it up if they are going to have a real shot at a Super Bowl.

That said, I don't think Allen will fix their miserable secondary.

Read this on twitter...

That's not good. He and Miller on both sides will do a lot to provide much needed relief for that secondary.

This trade deadline is riveting!

Im not expecting the Patriots to make a move. When it's really quiet with the Patriots...they are either making a deal or doing nothing. I think they are doing nothing.

Jones has been getting a good amount of attention since Wilfork's been gone. Getting Allen could possibly free him up.

That's what I'm saying. Much more difficult to double Jones when you've got JA rushing from the other side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes