Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Should the Pats make a trade? Will they?

• They should, and they will

Votes: 19 22.9%
  • They should, but they won't

Votes: 52 62.7%
  • They shouldn't, but they will

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • They shouldn't, and they won't

Votes: 11 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised so many people want a WR prioritized at the trade deadline. The group of Amendola/Dobson/Edelman/Collie/Thompkins/Boyce hasn't been near as bad as some people have been making them out to be. Yes there have been some drops by the WRs and bad throws by Brady, but for the most part the unit is getting separation (they just haven't made all of the plays yet).

I'd much rather see a TE or a DL brought in at the deadline to add depth. Right now, one injury to a player in either of those units (Gronk or Jones/Jones/Vellano), and the Pats are risking a big dropoff in production.

Surprised so many people want a WR prioritized at the trade deadline. The group of Amendola/Dobson/Edelman/Collie/Thompkins/Boyce hasn't been near as bad as some people have been making them out to be.

Yes, it has. That's why Collie was brought in, and that's why the team is probably still looking.

Wouldn't want a WR unless it's a clear upgrade like Fitzgerald, and that's not gonna happen. Gonzalez would be great but that won't happen either. I think the top priority should be a big, run-stuffing DT.

As usual this will simply come down to value, so if a team wants to unload a really good player at a bargain price, as the Bucs did with Talib last year then the Patriots will bite, otherwise we are pipedreaming, as they aren't giving up a first or second for anyone who isn't an all pro right now. They might give up a later pick for Nicks but I don't think they will take Britt, and the only guy i can really see them giving up anything more than a 3rd for is Jackson and that would require some negotiations regarding his deal, which I doubt he would do. I don't see teams trading a good DT and if given the choice Jackson is the guy I would most want them to get, and Schiano the most likely to make a deal, the question is whether he still has enough influence in Tampa to do so. If they could get Jackson to redo his deal i would give a second for him, i wouldn't give a first for anyone, they simply have too many needs going forward to give up their first.:bricks:

The team doesn't have a #1 receiver. That's pretty clear. Amendola is a shell of the guy we thought we were getting. That's because of injury. The two rookies look to be like #2 and #3 types who can't get separation. I'd love to see New England land a #1 by some miracle. I know next to nothing about Gordon, but he's big. Hakeem Nicks could be the guy the Patriots need as well.

Gordon and Nicks are both #1 WRs. Gordon is a special talent, he's just a knucklehead.

Don't think the pats will do anything like last year

Nicks this year drops balls and isn't his same self he was a year or two ago.

Gordon is what 1 issue away from being out a year? After what happened to AH you think they will risk that so soon? Nope

The team doesn't have a #1 receiver. That's pretty clear. Amendola is a shell of the guy we thought we were getting. That's because of injury. The two rookies look to be like #2 and #3 types who can't get separation. I'd love to see New England land a #1 by some miracle. I know next to nothing about Gordon, but he's big. Hakeem Nicks could be the guy the Patriots need as well.

Actually both rookies have been getting separation fairly easily. Especially Dobson. Either they've dropped the passes (not as much recently) or Brady has completely missed them.

I don't want Fitzgerald or Gordon. Fitzgerald has whiny tendencies and I have a feeling he's not a BB-type guy. And Gordon is a nincompoop.

If Nicks could be had for a 5th rounder, that would be a no-brainer, IMO.

This is what Reiss had to say on this topic in his weekly Mailbag
Q: Mike, wondering your thoughts on if the Pats would be in on the Larry Fitzgerald sweepstakes in the offseason. With the state of your receiving corps (young), a veteran like Fitzgerald could be a great fit, and having someone as obviously skilled as he is could do nothing but help our offense. I could see him being a huge addition to the Pats and would make Brady happy to get a top-flight receiver after he restructured his deal to add cap space. He is a vet in the locker room to mentor the young guys and seems like the kind of class player the Pats want on their team. Thoughts?

A: Jake, that would really be something if it went down. Why not at least explore the possibility? It seems like one of those things that probably wouldn't happen because of all the moving parts, but I've had the chance to speak with Fitzgerald before and it was probably the most impressive interview I've had with a player. His knowledge of the Patriots, and other teams, was Belichickian. That's a special guy now so you at least have to look into it.

New England Patriots Mailbag -- Any trade winds blowing? - ESPN Boston

Just an aside but shouldn't the league deadlines be western time?

I really hope we trade for Gozo or a receiver. With Amendola not where we hope he'd be for our offense (injuries largely) and our rookies still having struggles I don't see how it is not a major concern. I don't see a serious playoff run w/a passing game seemingly built mostly around Gronk.

Rumors have the Seahawks looking to trade for Jared Allen. I don't get it. How many DEs does a team need?

The Seahawks have lost their minds if they trade for Jared allen. They desperately need an OT and without a 1st/2nd in 2014 how the hell will they get one?

Rumors have the Seahawks looking to trade for Jared Allen. I don't get it. How many DEs does a team need?

Pass rushers are like pitchers, you can never have enough. That said I wouldn't go after Allen, the salary is too big and he doesn't seem to be the player he was anymore. Good player but the cost is probably way too high for him.

If the Seahhawks get Allen, that's going to be almost unfair.

I really hope we trade for Gozo or a receiver. With Amendola not where we hope he'd be for our offense (injuries largely) and our rookies still having struggles I don't see how it is not a major concern. I don't see a serious playoff run w/a passing game seemingly built mostly around Gronk.

Much as I love Gonzalez there simply isn't much sense in using anything other than a 7th for a half season rental. If the Patriots were a dominant team this season and Gonzalez was a key piece to winning a Super Bowl then it might be worth a 5th, but this team is more a team in the mix who can make a run, and not one that needs just one piece to get over the top.

Just heard a radio report stating that the latest about Allen is he's willing to redo his deal for the 'right' team.

Allen for a second would be amazing!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back