Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Should the Pats make a trade? Will they?

• They should, and they will

Votes: 19 22.9%
  • They should, but they won't

Votes: 52 62.7%
  • They shouldn't, but they will

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • They shouldn't, and they won't

Votes: 11 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Read this on twitter...

Gil Brandt said that it's the BRONCOS pursuing Jared Allen.

Not cool. BB needs to **** block him, at least create another fax fiasco not allowing Denver to get him.

Dobson is going to have an excellent 2nd half of the season.
I'm predicting right now 40 catches 500+ yards and 4 TDs.

If he stops catching everything with his body. It is beyond frustrating to watch him try and cradle everything. Someone needs to post a sign above his locker that reads "Use you damn hands son!"

That's what I'm saying. Much more difficult to double Jones when you've got JA rushing from the other side.

I wouldn't count on it. If the Pats are going to make a move, it will be for a DT and/or maybe a WR.

Actually we would go Allen-Jones-Jones-Carter or Allen-Carter-Jones-Ninkovich on passing downs, and what you have above on run/pass downs

I was assuming that if we trade for Allen that Carter would be cut. But I could be wrong in that thinking.

Im not expecting the Patriots to make a move. When it's really quiet with the Patriots...they are either making a deal or doing nothing. I think they are doing nothing.
Good analysis. I wasnt aware being really quiet meant they were either doing nothing or something. :D

I was assuming that if we trade for Allen that Carter would be cut. But I could be wrong in that thinking.
Why? You can never have enough pass rushers.

Im not expecting the Patriots to make a move. When it's really quiet with the Patriots...they are either making a deal or doing nothing. I think they are doing nothing.

Not just the Pats, how about the entire league? Could there really be a trade deadline with 0 trades? 1 hour left to find out.

If he stops catching everything with his body. It is beyond frustrating to watch him try and cradle everything. Someone needs to post a sign above his locker that reads "Use you damn hands son!"
Sure you aren't talking about Thompkins?

It wouldn't be surprising. Their defense sucks and they need to sure it up if they are going to have a real shot at a Super Bowl.

That said, I don't think Allen will fix their miserable secondary.

I was about to say the same thing. They are more than a rush passing DE away from a good defense. That secondary is deplorable. I doubt Miller will be the same since his system has been flushed of adderall and at some point people will actually stick with the run against them and show their run D is a mirage.

I wouldn't count on it. If the Pats are going to make a move, it will be for a DT and/or maybe a WR.

Don't get me wrong: I don't think it's going to happen. Just that it makes sense at some level.

Sure you aren't talking about Thompkins?

Positive, I do realize they both do it. Thompkins looks to have made using his hands a priority since week 2. Dobson has done it all season and continues to do it on the majority of balls thrown his way. It is beyond frustrating to watch. The 4th and 6th was when I lost it. The ball is on his hip and he tries to cradle the damn ball. :bricks:

Why? You can never have enough pass rushers.

They doubt they would cut Buchanon and it seems clear that Bequette shows them something, what it is, I don't know. So figured the old dude that just arrived would be the likely odd man out.

Nothing negative towards Carter. I like Carter. But what does he really have left in the tank?

They doubt they would cut Buchanon and it seems clear that Bequette shows them something, what it is, I don't know. So figured the old dude that just arrived would be the likely odd man out.

Nothing negative towards Carter. I like Carter. But what does he really have left in the tank?

More than Bequette has shown.

Positive, I do realize they both do it. Thompkins looks to have made using his hands a priority since week 2. Dobson has done it all season and continues to do it on the majority of balls thrown his way. It is beyond frustrating to watch. The 4th and 6th was when I lost it. The ball is on his hip and he tries to cradle the damn ball. :bricks:

He's a rookie thrust into a significant role right off the bat. He isn't 25 years old like Thompkins either. All things considered fans should feel optimistic about Dobson. He's consistently improving and it's becoming evident that he's rising on that depth chart, not declining or stagnant. Would not be surprised to see Dobson as Brady's #2 guy by the end of the season. Especially if Amendola continues to be injured and inconsistent.

If the patriots were going to make a move they would of done so by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes