PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Thread for Those Going to Indianapolis for Super Bowl XLVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just as an FYI - ticket prices on broker websites have started to drop slightly (by several hundred dollars). If we can all hang on and play blind man's bluff, maybe there will be significant price drops over the weekend (fingers crossed).

You have a sharper eye than I do, I haven't seen any decreases. But I'm watching mostly eBay, StubHub, Craigslist and NFL Ticketexchange vs. individual broker (scalper) sites. I guess if things do break it'll be next week; right now is a waste of time.

Last edited:
I wish you could all come to my house!

Seriously, I hope so too. If I hear of anywhere else I'll let you know!

please do.....me and a friend who's not even a fan are driving down from Fort Wayne (2.5hrs away) and just want a place to drink and watch the game hopefully we get something near the stadium.

Last edited:
I was hoping to go watch the game somewhere downtown after I am done volunteering that day but sorry I am not paying $200. I just read about that Pats Bar today and was hoping to go there but I guess I'll just go home and watch for free.

We will find someplace. Keep checking this thread.

I'll be in Indy on Tuesday and will do the best I can finding a spot just happy to be making a killing off beverage and food and the SB victory bash.

If anyone has any questions about the area, let me know and I'll see if I can help you out!

You know where I can find a Pats bar?

I keed.

You have a sharper eye than I do, I haven't seen any decreases. But I'm watching mostly eBay, StubHub, Craigslist and NFL Ticketexchange vs. individual broker (scalper) sites. I guess if things do break it'll be next week; right now is a waste of time.
They will break.

NYers arent going to pay these prices. They didnt at SB42 and they arent now.

please do me and a friend who's not even a fan are driving down from Fort Wayne (2.5hrs away) and just want a place to drink and watch the game hopefully we get something near the stadium.

Wha????

They will break.

NYers arent going to pay these prices. They didnt at SB42 and they arent now.

I imagine the crappy venue will help our cause too. If the SB was in New Orleans, San Diego or Miami people would be willing to make a vacation out of it. But Indianaplois?..in February?...

If anyone want to put a little effort in to find a place to watch the game without a cover charge, all you have to do is get on yelp, look up sports bars in Indianapolis, call them up and ask what they are doing for SB Sunday.

What happened in different years in different cities is irrelevant.

If anyone want to put a little effort in to find a place to watch the game without a cover charge, all you have to do is get on yelp, look up sports bars in Indianapolis, call them up and ask what they are doing for SB Sunday.

What happened in different years in different cities is irrelevant.

I called this place since it's 10,000 SF. It's closed for a private party from 2:30-5:30pm When it reopens there will be a cover (amount TBD) that includes a free buffet.

Cadillac Ranch - About Us

Just booked my hotel, working on the tickets. Seem like they are going up a little bit.

Yes we're really Patriots fans. I don't know how to validate that for you - so I won't try.

We turned down a rather large offer from a corporate bidder to lease the bar for the week so we could enjoy the game with Patriots fans, because we've been fans for decades. If you have an issue with the price I understand that - but it is what it is.

The food is above average bar food. Hope that answers your questions.

Partying with Pats' fans is the way to do it. Wife and I went to Houston for the Houston Super Bowl. Could not score a ticket anywhere. Man were they scarce. Ended up going to this cool, year round, Houston Patriots bar. It had in door and outdoor seating. We sat our doors in front of this barbeque pit to one side, and this huge screen in front of us. It was 99% Patriot fans, and was one of the best days of my life. Go Pats!

P.S. - I was so sure about my team that year, that I bought airline, hotel, and rental car before the season started (really) for dirt cheap. Then, I sweated out the playoffs, questioned myself for doing that, and breathed a huge sigh of relief when it worked out.

P.S. - I was so sure about my team that year, that I bought airline, hotel, and rental car before the season started (really) for dirt cheap. Then, I sweated out the playoffs, questioned myself for doing that, and breathed a huge sigh of relief when it worked out.

Booking non-refundable flights is a commitment. Hotel and car can generally be cancelled (unless you use Hotwire) so it's not a bad idea to book way in advance. Next year's Super Bowl is in New Orleans in case you want to start looking into that one, though not all places allow you to book this far in advance.

I also agree with you that being with a room/bar/party full of Pats fans is the 2nd best option to being at the game.

I just did a google search on Indy bars and found out they still allow smoking inside of bars!!%^! Wow, talk about being behind in the times.

"Four well-known bars are voluntarily becoming smoke-free businesses in time for the (Superbowl) crowd.

Once the Slippery Noodle snuffed out smoking, the downtown Claddagh, the Old Pro's Table in Broad Ripple and MacNivens on Massachusetts Avenue (which goes smoke-free Monday) followed suit."

Some Indianapolis bars go smoke-free for Super Bowl - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

Bump. I don't want this thread to get lost.

I am origionally from West Newton MA but have lived here in Indy since 1989. I am volunteering at the Super Bowl and can't wait! Starting this Saturday I'll be at the NFL Experience and then on game day I am at the Game Day Fan Plaza, but not sure what exactly I'll be doing. Unfortunately there were no volunteer positions INSIDE the stadium. If I can score a ticket I'll be at the game though! Still searching. The lowest price I've found is $2400. I did get tickets for Media Day so at least if I don't go to the game I'll get to see all my boys that day.

I would LOVE to meet the team when they arrive at the airport. If anyone finds out exactly when they are arriving here on Sunday can you post it?

I was hoping to go watch the game somewhere downtown after I am done volunteering that day but sorry I am not paying $200. I just read about that Pats Bar today and was hoping to go there but I guess I'll just go home and watch for free.

Oh and all you fans coming to Indy, let's show these Indy fans we have CLASS! The Colts fans here are all for Eli and saying nasty things about the Patriots and the fans.

If anyone has any questions about the area, let me know and I'll see if I can help you out!

Has the price gouging started already? Is it going to cost me $10 for a cheeseburger at McDonalds? I figure it will be super expensive inside the stadium, just wondering what it will be like downtown.

Anyone know of any cool events happening on Friday or Saturday? I haven't spent any time in Indy but I worry it might get a little boring the couple days before the game.

Us too...we get into Louisville early Friday and will make the drive up to our hotel in Columbus which is about 45 minutes from the stadium. Will probably head to the downtown area Friday night and all day/night Saturday just to check out what's going on and make a game plan for Sunday. If anyone is getting together any of those days/nights, or before the game please let us know. Want to hang out with some Pats fans!! This is our first Super Bowl and I just assumed there would be an official Patriot's tailgate party.
Have everything all set except for tix - watching the prices daily. Read a lot about how prices are going to fall right before the game. Will probably wait until we get down there on Friday before buying from a local ticket broker unless I find something somewhat reasonable before we leave. I work with all Giant fans (uhggg!!!) so would love to get together with ya all SANE people :) let us know!!!

Booking non-refundable flights is a commitment. Hotel and car can generally be cancelled (unless you use Hotwire) so it's not a bad idea to book way in advance. Next year's Super Bowl is in New Orleans in case you want to start looking into that one, though not all places allow you to book this far in advance.

I also agree with you that being with a room/bar/party full of Pats fans is the 2nd best option to being at the game.

I am definitely going to N.O. next year no matter what. Going to to be checking for hotels in the coming month. Just worried the the NFL will own all the hotel rooms. I assume there is a lot more rooms down there than in Indy.
Went down there in 09 and it was the best sports road trip Ive ever had. Only the game sucked.
Been a member of your yahoo group since that year also. Love checking out all the trip pictures.

Us too...we get into Louisville early Friday and will make the drive up to our hotel in Columbus which is about 45 minutes from the stadium. Will probably head to the downtown area Friday night and all day/night Saturday just to check out what's going on and make a game plan for Sunday. If anyone is getting together any of those days/nights, or before the game please let us know. Want to hang out with some Pats fans!! This is our first Super Bowl and I just assumed there would be an official Patriot's tailgate party.
Have everything all set except for tix - watching the prices daily. Read a lot about how prices are going to fall right before the game. Will probably wait until we get down there on Friday before buying from a local ticket broker unless I find something somewhat reasonable before we leave. I work with all Giant fans (uhggg!!!) so would love to get together with ya all SANE people :) let us know!!!

Good luck man I hope you get them. Just keep in mind that last year in Dallas tickets got more expensive closer to gameday. But it could go either way, I hope prices do drop for you!

Good luck man I hope you get them. Just keep in mind that last year in Dallas tickets got more expensive closer to gameday. But it could go either way, I hope prices do drop for you!

I believe that's partially due to the fire code issue. They sold more tickets than usable seats so the NFL was buying up extra tickets...at least that what I heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes